SiouxSports.com Forum

Coaching Staff Change

puck

To those who think Hakstol is throwing Eades under the bus, I can only say that he is making a move that he thinks will better the team, right or wrong. I am certain he knows this means there will be more scrutiny of him going forward. I don't think Eades or Hakstol have to apologize for the success or perceived lack of success at UND The funny thing is that many of the perfectionist fans that scrutinize every little decision when the Sioux don't win it all, are the same ones that are scrutinizing a decision that was made in an attempt to better the team to make that next step to a National Championship. You can argue whether this was the right move to achieve that goal, but you got to admit that it was a bold move that will be scrutinized by everybody, including the administration if it doesn't work out.

I think it is pretty clear that Coach Hakstol is saying his dismissal of Coach Eades is, at a minimum, part of the reason for why we hadn't achieved what we set out to achieve. But when I look at recent years, the defensive play and the recruiting have actually been pretty good. It is tough to see why Eades would be the one element that needed to change when you consider we got to Frozen Fours and did other good things with him. Either this move is a way for Coach Hakstol to shrug some of the responsibility for not winning a national championship or maybe there really was something away from the rink for why Eades was dismissed.

The job announcement provides a clue to the new direction for this assistant. (color added)

Required Qualifications:

• Bachelors' degree

• Experience Working under NCAA Rules and Regulations

• Interpersonal and Communications Skills

• Experience Coaching/developing defensemen at the NCAA D1 level or above

• Experience with in-game bench management of defensemen at the NCAA D1 level or above

• Experience evaluating and recruiting players at NCAA D1 level or above

• Experience with coaching/developing specialty teams play at the NCAA D1 level or above

• Experience in the area of video breakdown and analysis at the NCAA D1 level or above

• Playing experience as a defensemen at the NCAA D1 level

• Experience designing and executing on-ice practice at the NCAA D1 level or above

• Must have a thorough knowledge of and commitment to compliance and follow all NCAA, conference and UND rules and regulations

• Must provide support and encouragement and ensure the safety and well being of student-athletes

• Criminal History Background check

Preferred Qualifications:

• Playing experience as a defensemen at the NHL level

• Coaching experience as a defensemen at the NHL level

this has brad berry written all over it.

The job announcement provides a clue to the new direction for this assistant. (color added)

Required Qualifications:

• Bachelors' degree

• Experience with in-game bench management of defensemen at the NCAA D1 level or above

• Experience with coaching/developing specialty teams play at the NCAA D1 level or above

• Experience in the area of video breakdown and analysis at the NCAA D1 level or above

• Experience designing and executing on-ice practice at the NCAA D1 level or above

• Must have a thorough knowledge of and commitment to compliance and follow all NCAA, conference and UND rules and regulations

• Must provide support and encouragement and ensure the safety and well being of student-athletes

I believe the items in color reiterate what I posted yesterday and the fanbase will understand the reason for the change.

Required Qualifications:

• Bachelors' degree

Apparently whomever wrote that had highlighted the phrase "defensemen at the NCAA D1 level or above", hit Ctrl-C, and then hit Ctrl-V liberally after that. ;)

And the "at the NCAA D1 level or above" phrase says to me that Dane Litke may not have all the qualifications they are looking for.

The italicized portion, and the constant use of the phrase "defensemen", is what they call, in poker, "a tell".

Required Qualifications:

• Bachelors' degree

. Have the first name of Brad and last name of Berry

Added 1

• Upvote 2

Well if Brad is going to be the new assistant coach he will need to quit his current job first. I suppose in the next couple weeks we should hear news regarding his status with CBJ. If that does happen it would all become more clearer.

You don't quit your current job until all the details of the new job are finalized. You then tell your former employer you resign, and you tell your new employer to go ahead and make the announcement.

If you're Hak, you also don't dismiss Eades until you have confidence that you're going to get the guy you want...

You don't quit your current job until all the details of the new job are finalized. You then tell your former employer you resign, and you tell your new employer to go ahead and make the announcement.

If you're Hak, you also don't dismiss Eades until you have confidence that you're going to get the guy you want...

Doesn't that make it much more interesting that Litke has already quit his job? Obviously it needs to be posted for a certain time frame, but it is a little strange.

So...

Litke has never coached D1, has never coached NHL, and never played in the NHL

...his qualifications don't stack up with the others mentioned.

Not disagreeing. But who is more likely to apply for the job? As much as fans would like to see Berry or someone of that caliber, they have to want to come back to the NCAA. Regardless, I think Hak has a plan in place, we'll just have to wait and see how it turns out.

I think it is pretty clear that Coach Hakstol is saying his dismissal of Coach Eades is, at a minimum, part of the reason for why we hadn't achieved what we set out to achieve. But when I look at recent years, the defensive play and the recruiting have actually been pretty good. It is tough to see why Eades would be the one element that needed to change when you consider we got to Frozen Fours and did other good things with him. Either this move is a way for Coach Hakstol to shrug some of the responsibility for not winning a national championship or maybe there really was something away from the rink for why Eades was dismissed.

If what you say is right and it is a way to shrug some of the responsibility for not winning a National Championship, then don't you think if they don't win one shortly, he will have the culpability on himself even moreso? I hardly think there are many fans that are thinking that it was Eades' fault we haven't won a National Championship and now that he is gone we are gonna roll. To the contrary, everytime I hear fans complaining, it is about Hakstol, and I don't think Hakstol is naive enough to think that he can put one over on the fans that it was Eades that was holding them back.

• Upvote 1

Hahahaha....I always wondered if it was the real Hrkac too.....hahaha :lol:

Okay....honestly....who fits the description other than Brad Berry....I mean come on....Did they write that job description for him? How about they add "and previously coached at the university".

I'd say its gotta be him.

Hahahaha....I always wondered if it was the real Hrkac too.....hahaha :lol:

Okay....honestly....who fits the description other than Brad Berry....I mean come on....Did they write that job description for him? How about they add "and previously coached at the university".

I'd say its gotta be him.

It fits him. But someone here has got to know who else it fits? There has to be more than Berry.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him go to Omaha, work under Blais for a year or two, and get ready to take that program over when he retires.

pretty sure that isn't going to happen as rumor is there is another former sioux player that is going to be named the new assistant (associate head coach)there