SiouxSports.com Forum

Coaching Staff Change

puck

Speculation!!! On a discussion forum!!! How could we?!?! :silly:

The idea that this situation is "none of our business" is absurd. An assistant coach for a major Division I hockey program is being let go. Like it or not, it's big news. Especially since nobody saw it coming. And that is what discussion forums are for. I for one will not apologize for speculating on what happens next. And no one else has to, either.

It isn't the idea of speculating, that is what these boards are all about. I meant that the "body isn't cold yet and we are looking at the will" It was a respect thing for Eades and all he has done for UND.

It isn't the idea of speculating, that is what these boards are all about. I meant that the "body isn't cold yet and we are looking at the will" It was a respect thing for Eades and all he has done for UND.

Fair enough, but I think everyone in our fan base respects Eades. We are just concerned about who will take his place. And that is a very legitimate concern.

Wow shocking news! I'd like to thank Coach Eades for his great service to the program and really hope this doesn't end up hurting us. I know Eades was a very respected coach especially along the recruiting links and especially in Minnesota, this whole deal has me a little worried especially since there isn't a lot of information coming out with it except for Hak basically saying he felt he needed to make a change.

Karl Goehring?

Or then there's this story on Dane Litke ... who announced his resignation from the NAHL Janesville Jets organization ... on May 2, 2012. Litke was the Head Coach of the Jets from the inception of the franchise in May of 2009.

this is why I mentioned litke,and I wouldn't she surprised at all if he ended up getting it.

Time for rumors :whistling:

Eades was the primary recruiter.

With the decommit last year from JT Miller, and now this year from Matteau, and Koulis. Plus there is speculation that Jordan Schmaltz and his brother will head to Juniors, and also Seth Jones porbably heading to the WHL something was up. There went our recruiting class. Eades may have gotten the blame and thus the program "needed" a change.

I for one would like to thank Cary Eades for his hard work with the Sioux. I enjoyed watching him in college and he had a ton of success as an assistant coach. Thanks.

Eades was and is a very good coach and will find something very soon. I'm pretty sure he bleeds sioux green. I thank him for his time and everything he has done for this program. However, there is a reason why his contract is not being renewed and unless we are close to the program we will never know the exact reason. Hak has his reasons and in Hak I trust.

Eades was and is a very good coach and will find something very soon. I'm pretty sure he bleeds sioux green. I thank him for his time and everything he has done for this program. However, there is a reason why his contract is not being renewed and unless we are close to the program we will never know the exact reason. Hak has his reasons and in Hak I trust.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him go to Omaha, work under Blais for a year or two, and get ready to take that program over when he retires.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him go to Omaha, work under Blais for a year or two, and get ready to take that program over when he retires.

Wouldn't surprise at all. Hastings wanted to be closer to MSP and left a spot just waiting for Eades.

It's just very interesting this time of year because so many things have happened that will trigger other moves. The signing of Hastings, the resignations of Dane Litke and Dave Morinville, the possibility that a new coach in Columbus might want new assistants and so on down the line. The question is what are they looking for most, a recruiter, or a teacher and fundamentalist? Who brings the best combination of the two? I think Brad Berry brings the most to the position, and would love to have him back.