SiouxSports.com Forum

Coaching Staff Change

puck

And the worst-kept secret in college sports creeps one step closer to being official. :bigsmile:

... but there were those that thought no way possible Berry would come back. To get rid of a guy like Eades though, you would have to bring in somebody that wouldn't seem like a downgrade.

I think our team would be fine with either Berry or Eades, they are both great coaches. Sometimes change is good, sometimes change is hard. i have often wondered if fan pressure ever comes into play. When we lose the final game of the season, doesn't it seem like the top players are trying too hard. What I mean is they try to get the goal, win the game by thier increased effort. If the increased effort decreases the team function that got you that far?? i am not a hockey or coaching scholar, but I have felt pressure to perform can cause problems.

On a coaching note: Who are some of the defensemen that Brad Berry would have coach at Manitoba that went on to the NHL?

On a coaching note: Who are some of the defensemen that Brad Berry would have coach at Manitoba that went on to the NHL?

He worked with Alex Edler of the Vancouver Canucks during his rookie year quite a bit, he was only there two years though before resigning.

• 2 weeks later...

from Ryan Bakken's end of the month humorous column

3. Why is Brad Berry the presumptive candidate to become the new UND assistant hockey coach?

A) He was a UND assistant coach for six years previously.

B) The job posting said the preferred candidate should have coaching experience in the NHL.

C) The job posting said the preferred candidate should have playing experience in the NHL.

D) The job posting said the preferred candidate should have the initials B.B.

from Ryan Bakken's end of the month humorous column

3. Why is Brad Berry the presumptive candidate to become the new UND assistant hockey coach?

A) He was a UND assistant coach for six years previously.

B) The job posting said the preferred candidate should have coaching experience in the NHL.

C) The job posting said the preferred candidate should have playing experience in the NHL.

D) The job posting said the preferred candidate should have the initials B.B.

Ryan Bakken writes a humorous column? That should be more like he attempts to write one. Could never stand to read his column since it always is lame,

So when do they announce Berry???

I believe May 31 or June 1st the position closed. Then hr needs to run all their checks depending on who makes the vetting process a list of candidates are given to the hiring person. This could take a week or two for the process to run its course. You are probably looking at later this week or probably next week. Now when Hak decides to tell everyone is anyone's guess.

I believe May 31 or June 1st the position closed. Then hr needs to run all their checks depending on who makes the vetting process a list of candidates are given to the hiring person. This could take a week or two for the process to run its course. You are probably looking at later this week or probably next week. Now when Hak decides to tell everyone is anyone's guess.

k thanks

I would also say it probably won't be announced until after the vote on the Fighting Sioux nickname. I am sure that they don't want anything that will deter from their focus on getting out the word on the need for a "Yes" vote on the nickname.

I would also say it probably won't be announced until after the vote on the Fighting Sioux nickname. I am sure that they don't want anything that will deter from their focus on getting out the word on the need for a "Yes" vote on the nickname.

I for one am voitng no. When is it enough? The NCAA gets away with "murder" and nobody questions them. At least I can say I didn't bow to the most corrupt organization in all the land. Listening to O'keefe the other day on the radio made me want to puke. I mean really, bringing up the topic of the possibility that NDSU won't play UND because of the Fighting Sioux nickname? I couldn't believe what I was hearing! I know this topic is addressed in another thread but I saw it here first and needed to vent.

• Upvote 1

Very good point.

Is Berry pro-Sioux or anti-Sioux? Just wondering why it would matter.