SiouxSports.com Forum

Coaching Staff Change

puck

Hakstol says "I felt a need to redefine and restructure the roles and duties within our coaching staff."

Wow, that's a shock. I wonder what Hakstol means with the above statement and how that pertains to Eades not coming back.

Perhaps it's an "I don't like people giving Eades credit for my success" kind of thing??

While we're speculating....

When I read about Hakstol's new contract and how much money was allocated for the two assistant coaches, I was surprised how little it would mean for each assistant compared to the head coach. Could it be that Hakstol is taking the "fall" for Eades simply wanting more money and leaving because of it?

When I read about Hakstol's new contract and how much money was allocated for the two assistant coaches, I was surprised how little it would mean for each assistant compared to the head coach.

I noticed that too. No wonder he wanted the Mankato job....

Listen to us all speculating about the next guy for the job, shame on us.

I'd like to thank Cary Eades for his tremendous commitment to UND over the years. Good luck Cary!

Speculation!!! On a discussion forum!!! How could we?!?! :silly:

The idea that this situation is "none of our business" is absurd. An assistant coach for a major Division I hockey program is being let go. Like it or not, it's big news. Especially since nobody saw it coming. And that is what discussion forums are for. I for one will not apologize for speculating on what happens next. And no one else has to, either.