SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU at UND

darell1976

I am a little surprised NDSU's ace was able to have a complete game shutout. I am EXTREMELY surprised UND's pitcher kept NDSU at bay. Sucks for him that it was an unearned run. Can't be a good feeling to have had your best game of the year and the team loses.

I am a little surprised NDSU's ace was able to have a complete game shutout. I am EXTREMELY surprised UND's pitcher kept NDSU at bay. Sucks for him that it was an unearned run. Can't be a good feeling to have had your best game of the year and the team loses.

UND didn't get a runner past second, and the runner only reached at second due to the batter getting hit by a pitch. No offense at all for both teams...great defense though.

Wow - must have been a lot of Sioux fans there with attendance at over 1,000 because su fans don't care about playing UND - so we're told.

if you believe lakesbison, then nobody cares about playing UND, but if you ask the majority of Bison fans, we are more than happy to play UND in baseball, basketball, etc.

So when does the ax fall on UND Baseball?

If Lacrosse was in the picture I would say today...but UND can't be making any kind of money on the sport. Its a lost cause since the BSC doesn't sponsor it. Why don't they replace baseball with wrestling? I know they dropped it for title IX but isn't the BSC sponsoring softball so just replace baseball with wrestling.

Wow - must have been a lot of Sioux fans there with attendance at over 1,000 because su fans don't care about playing UND - so we're told.

I was outside the stadium waiting for a friend to come pick me up and there was a surprising number of UND fans there from what I could tell. It was a great day for baseball, so with a name in town that people knew, quite a few made the trip to Newman. I'd be bummed to get swept but at least it looks like the games were all pretty competitive.

If the report was right in the Herald/Forum, does this now mean that single-game attendance records for 3 different sports at NDSU have been set in the last 2 years against UND? Basketball, volleyball and now baseball. Interesting tidbit for "the rivalry is dead" crowd.