SiouxSports.com Forum

2012-2013

gfhockey

Terrible game for UND. Could have been much worse of a score but Montana wasn't all that great on offense either, especially early on. I watched for 40 minutes and left the game confused as to what offense exactly we were trying to run. Judging by the way Brewster was yelling, he was confused as well. We set up screen and rolls, but we never give it on the roll. We move the ball to one half of the court and then set everyone up on the other half, stand around for 5 seconds, and then people start to move. Not sure if we're trying to clear out, but then we never drive it. There is just no flow to the offense. Defense wasn't completely terrible, we had some active hands. My biggest beef with the defense was the lack of weak-side help when the post defender is front, and then slow rotations down into the post from the weak wings. Too many easy layups for Montana due to slow rotations.

Tough season for first year head coach Travis Brewster. Hopefully with better recruits due to conference affiliation we can be contenders next season and the seasons after that. Of course injuries are always a battle and can make or break your season.

To me it seems like Brewster is building for the future, otherwise I'm not sure why Smart isn't playing more on the point. She seems to have more control. And maybe it's because Wall is hurt, but Evers is getting the kind of playing time you'd give to the better center, which I really don't see as being the case. Either way it's been tough to see them having such a down year.

31 turnovers again last night.

Is Brewster micromanaging these girls? Just seems like he's always yelling for the girls to pass to a specific person, which takes their mind off the game trying to listen to him and be obedient, so they lose any flow in the game. Roebuck did a lot of yelling too, but it seemed more about telling them what mistake they made rather than interfering with their own decisions on passing.

Turnovers certainly haven't improved at all this season, so the girls can't be learning within the game situation..

Is Brewster micromanaging these girls? Just seems like he's always yelling for the girls to pass to a specific person, which takes their mind off the game trying to listen to him and be obedient, so they lose any flow in the game. Roebuck did a lot of yelling too, but it seemed more about telling them what mistake they made rather than interfering with their own decisions on passing.

Turnovers certainly haven't improved at all this season, so the girls can't be learning within the game situation..

As Bill Parcells once said, "At this point in the season, you are who you are."

This program has had poor guard play for a few years now and it is simply due to recruiting kids that are not DI players. NDSU is guilty of the same thing. When we start recruiting kids who can play in the Big Sky, we'll compete, but until we do, this is what it is.

The women are next to last in the standings at 5-12 but still have a shot at making the conference tournament as the 7 seed. Six teams already have at least 9 wins so UND can't touch them with only 3 games left. UND must win all three games and get just alittle luck is all. Portland is at 5-11, Northern Arizona is 6-9 and Southern Utah is 6-9 and UND plays Portland and Southern Utah. Don't know why we have played 17 games and these other teams have only played 15.

Im sorry, but I have a MAJOR problem with this if that is the case. I have no issue with them transferring, sometimes it doesn't work out I understand that. What I take serious offense to is that they are not even going to play out the last 2 games of the season? Seriously? You can't for the sake of your team and your teammates you can't play 2 more games and if you make it to the Big Sky tourney a couple more?

Honestly, other than the defense they brought, it wasn't a very big loss other than the fact that it really hurts our depth.

Addition by subtraction, IMHO, at least as we head into next season. It will be tough to be two warm bodies down the last games of this year, however.

I had high hopes for Mills her freshman year based on her tenacious defensive play. I don't expect anyone to agree with me, but that's the way I see it.

EDIT: Wish them both well in their pursuit in finding new opportunities to play closer to home.