SiouxSports.com Forum

2012-2013

gfhockey

Poor shooting by UND but a lot of turnovers by Jamestown kept us in the thick of it for a long time before we were able to pull away. The Jamestown coach was hilarious to watch, seeing as how he wanted a foul called on just about everything. I especially loved him throwing the marker in the air when #41 was called for elbowing (a legit call).

• 3 weeks later...

Can the Wisconsin transfer player play right away if they want her too or does she have to wait a year?

Football is the only D1 sport where there is a distinction. A player transferring from Wisconsin for football would be eligible to play right away because of the drop down from FBS to FCS. In basketball we're all under one roof so if she starts classes at UND this week she'll be eligible come conference time next year.

I must be out of the loop. Who is the transfer from Wisconsin?

Makailah Dyer. Impressive looking point guard from Madtown who can drive, shoot inside, battle for boards, dish, and knock down the 3-ball. She is a cousin of our own Troy Huff. She is a freshman.

UND having trouble shooting from outside but have worked hard to feed it down low for high percentage shots. Sure miss Wall's athleticism down low but Evers is doing an admirable job to keep it close. Buck is doing well but Smart and Williams can't put the ball in the ocean tonight.

Wasn't a bad half I thought, both teams played very well on the defensive end of the ball. Someone else needs to get going on offense along with Buck so we can have a legitament chance of winning. Take care of the ball a little bit better (quit traveling please) will also help