SiouxSports.com Forum

Brock, Danny, and Derek: PLEASE STAY!!!

yzerman19

Ask Hextall, Gregoire, Parise, etc about staying vs. leaving early. Work (pro hockey) will be there when college is done. I think any of us who went to college would say they were the best years of our lives. Imagine if we had been college hockey players for UND in the town of Grand Forks!

I have a feeling the only real flight risk at this point is Kristo. Brock is awesome but one more year in college and he will be really awesome and the same goes for Forbort. I guess time will only tell but in my opinion Kristo is probably gone, he can sign with the team that drafted him in 2008 (Montreal) now, refuse to sign and become a free agent this summer, or return to school for his senior season as a free agent. So you can guess which option Sioux fans would want him to take.

Can we add a tag line for Aaron and Andrew to please stay as well?

I'm getting the feeling that all five will be in a North Dakota uniform next season.

Dave

What about Corban Knight?

How does everyone forget about this guy? Most underrated, under-the-radar guy I have seen at UND in a long, long time.

• Upvote 1

How does everyone forget about this guy? Most underrated, under-the-radar guy I have seen at UND in a long, long time.

We know how good he is, our saving grace is that he is drafted by Florida, the team with arguably the best prospect pool in the NHL. He has 4 or 5 center prospects ahead of him right now. As good as he is, he probably wouldn't play more than a 3rd role on their AHL team next year, you really shouldn't leave early for that.

Ask Hextall, Gregoire, Parise, etc about staying vs. leaving early.

It sounds like Hextall already did his part over Xmas break by telling the team that he regrets leaving early.

Hopefully he convinced a couple underclassmen to give it another year. :)

• Upvote 3

It sounds like Hextall already did his part over Xmas break by telling the team that he regrets leaving early.

Hopefully he convinced a couple underclassmen to give it another year. :)

I don't think Kristo will see Hextall's chances as comparable to his. Hextall was good for the Sioux, but he didn't have the tools Kristo has.

Can we add a tag line for Aaron and Andrew to please stay as well?

I'm getting the feeling that all five will be in a North Dakota uniform next season.

Dave

I hope you're right Ham :bigsmile:, with the experience the guys left standing were forced to get this year and hopefully all the walking wounded back we would be a force to reckon with.

Let's hope they put on the green and white for one more year.

He is so underrated they forgot to announce him as the starting center. Or was the NCAA politics making sure we start the game on the PK

We know how good he is, our saving grace is that he is drafted by Florida, the team with arguably the best prospect pool in the NHL. He has 4 or 5 center prospects ahead of him right now. As good as he is, he probably wouldn't play more than a 3rd role on their AHL team next year, you really shouldn't leave early for that.

And the Panthers are telling one of those prospects that he only needs a 1 way ticket to Florida next week.

And the Panthers are telling one of those prospects that he only needs a 1 way ticket to Florida next week.

Are you referring to Drew Shore? He is a better prospect than Corban Knight in almost every aspect of the game. I would be very surprised if Drew doesn't spend time in the AHL before making it to the NHL full time.

Are you referring to Drew Shore? He is a better prospect than Corban Knight in almost every aspect of the game. I would be very surprised if Drew doesn't spend time in the AHL before making it to the NHL full time.

I don't think Drew Shore is playing in Florida next week?

I can't see Forbort going pro just yet, as evidenced this season he has a lot of room to develop and improve his play. He was really up and down this year and needs to become more consistent. I think Los Angeles won't mind having him stick around North Dakota a little while longer so if Derek does leave, I think it is because he chooses to leave.

Nelson could leave but if he stayed another year, he could potentially be a Hobey candidate. Same goes for Kristo if chooses to stay though out of all he is the biggest flight risk.

While Knight and MacWilliam are potential flight risks, I just don't see it happening. They just give me that impression that they eat, breathe, and live UND hockey. I can see Knight being elected captain for the 2012-2013 season.

Drew Shore did sign with Florida and Florida is telling Bjugstad it's time to sign.

florida said the same thing last summer about bjugstad but their GM is on record saying he will not pressure college kids to sign. even recently- the GM said they want bjugstad but if the kid wants to return to college for a third year- it is his decision. so for bjugstad its a matter of waiting for his decision after the frozen four

Listen to the guys who are stars in the NHL like Parise. They say how it is a "job" in the NHL. You have people coming and going in the locker room, you don't hang out with the boys when you leave the rink, the guys go and do their own thing.

College is so different than the "real world". How many of us on this board would love to go back and get one more year of college? Work will be there for Kristo and others in a year, why wouldn't you stay in college at a program like UND where you will keep developing?

• Upvote 1

florida said the same thing last summer about bjugstad but their GM is on record saying he will not pressure college kids to sign. even recently- the GM said they want bjugstad but if the kid wants to return to college for a third year- it is his decision. so for bjugstad its a matter of waiting for his decision after the frozen four

Guess we will see in a couple weeks. I have heard different from a pretty good source. I also know that he wants to stay.