SiouxSports.com Forum

2012-13 Season

geaux_sioux

Hakstol's postseason presser -http://www.undsports.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?id=2090205&db_oem_id=13500

Starts off by thanking seniors and fans, touched on attendance/atmosphere at the regionals, says team will go back to work on Monday with returning players, says next year's team will be young but they are excited for new conference, etc.

Mentioned that last weekend the team didn't leave the arena for a couple of hours after the game ended because some of the seniors had difficulty taking off the NoDak jersey for the last time.

Andrew MacWiliiam signed with the Maple Leafs

Danny Kristo signed a 2-year deal with the Canadiens

Now just waiting for Knight (and Forbort?) in terms of NHL contracts. Gleason and Rowney for possible NHL contracts, more like AHL or ECHL, imo.

Andrew MacWiliiam signed with the Maple Leafs

Danny Kristo signed a 2-year deal with the Canadiens

Congrats to both Danny and Andrew! I would expect to see Corban sign pretty quick as well and I believe Joe is a Blackhawk draft pick and Carter is a free agent.

Now just waiting for Knight (and Forbort?) in terms of NHL contracts. Gleason and Rowney for possible NHL contracts, more like AHL or ECHL, imo.

Knight possibly an NHL deal. Plays in AHL

Forbort crap I hope not...but an NHL deal plays in AHL.

Gleason...ECHL at best he really struggled noticeably the second half .....chl?..MRAHL....Gerrell's?

Rowney ....AHL/ECHL

I am not sure if this was posted anywhere already but I think the TSN Power Rankings of NCAA players at the link are another indicator of the 12-13 team's woes. Not a single D-man and neither Goalie made the top 100. I also agree with the comment from Sagard that this team lacked sandpaper players at the forward positions and that skill alone won't get it done.

Now if TSN could just learn how to spell Dakota

http://www.tsn.ca/fa...ature/?ID=14848

I am not sure if this was posted anywhere already but I think the TSN Power Rankings of NCAA players at the link are another indicator of the 12-13 team's woes. Not a single D-man and neither Goalie made the top 100. I also agree with the comment from Sagard that this team lacked sandpaper players at the forward positions and that skill alone won't get it done.

Now if TSN could just learn how to spell Dakota

http://www.tsn.ca/fa...ature/?ID=14848

What's the formula though? I mean Nick Jensen is certainly not the 94th best (best d man in college hockey this year IMO), and Bjugstad is going to play in the NHL next week and he is on the second tier of the list. If you look at the rankings for NHLers, it would appear that the formula is somehow based upon goals/game, assists/game, plus-minus/game...if it is purely a statistical indicator, then that leaves a lot of pretty important hockey stuff out...

What's the formula though? I mean Nick Jensen is certainly not the 94th best (best d man in college hockey this year IMO), and Bjugstad is going to play in the NHL next week and he is on the second tier of the list. If you look at the rankings for NHLers, it would appear that the formula is somehow based upon goals/game, assists/game, plus-minus/game...if it is purely a statistical indicator, then that leaves a lot of pretty important hockey stuff out...

By the looks of it that list is based purely on statistics, with a lot of weight placed on goalie stats.

Agreed. Nate Condon above Bjugstad? Find a Gopher fan that agrees with that one.