SiouxSports.com Forum

Power of the Sioux Name and Logo

Rick

Is that a Bison fan next to the guy with the Minnesota North Stars Jersey? The Sioux jersey looks cool next to the Warren Moon jersey.

Actually they interviewed both of them on the Golf Channel's extended coverage of #16 on Saturday...

• 1 month later...

I stopped by the Farmers Market downtown Pensacola this past weekend and had on a Fighting Sioux sweatshirt. A couple of NDSU snowbirds walked up to me and commented that I couldn't wear that anymore. He laughed and agreed when I told him I can wear it forever. Had a nice conversation with them, but they couldn't help but interject Frisco, Texas... twice. I told him that we watch Sioux hockey every weekend that the Sioux play at home and are able to watch a lot of UND sports. He was kind of surprised that someone so far away from GF was that connected to what was going on.

Fighting Sioux!!

I was in Fargo last weekend for a Force game. After living there twice, It's been a while since I've been to that town. I couldn't believe all the people I saw wearing Sioux stuff. West Acres, Scheel's Arena......Everywhere I looked, it was there. But it's like my buddy said, "It's not all idiots in this town!!!!!"

I was in Fargo last weekend for a Force game. After living there twice, It's been a while since I've been to that town. I couldn't believe all the people I saw wearing Sioux stuff. West Acres, Scheel's Arena......Everywhere I looked, it was there. But it's like my buddy said, "It's not all idiots in this town!!!!!"

I would be one of them. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just returned from Grand Forks (where I sold more than $700 worth of Once a Sioux always a Sioux Shirts - see Siouxpride.com). Stopped in a rest area near St. Cloud, only two cars other than mine in the lot and both were full of people wearing Fighting Sioux clothing . Took a chance and approached one guy and sold two more Once a Sioux always a Sioux shirts.

• Upvote 4

When you think back to 2009, UND was embroiled in the Sioux logo issue. So much so that, when USD was invited to join the Summit, UND was not. Douple said that the Summit presidents didn't want to have to deal with the logo issue. By Fall of 2010 the Sioux name was all, but dead. Douple set up what was to be a site visit at UND for November 1-2, with a likely membership offer after the visit. Fortunately, the Big Sky offer came the week before the Summit visit and UND is now in the Big Sky.

Thanks to the power of the logo, UND is in the Big Sky and not the Summit.

• Upvote 4

I was at the Pizza Ranch here in Fargo and there was a woman with a green shirt with the words Forever Sioux. I thought it was a cool shirt.

My daughters have the pink shirts. My youngest ,7, has worn hers as a PJ top every night since she got it...almost a year now.

We ate at the Ranch after her soccer game Saturday. You aren't gonna find better fried chicken in the FM area.

My daughters have the pink shirts. My youngest ,7, has worn hers as a PJ top every night since she got it...almost a year now.

We ate at the Ranch after her soccer game Saturday. You aren't gonna find better fried chicken in the FM area.

I had the chicken...mmmmm!!!!

• 1 month later...

Smart money says they sent the producers the flame logo and/or the crappy interlocking ND logo.

.....with an additional "suggestion" that the producers refer to us as the "Green and White". :silly:

I am being sarcastic, but I just can't shake the feeling that it will be used as a "fail-safe, fallback" choice if everything else fails.

Smart money says they sent the producers the flame logo and/or the crappy interlocking ND logo.

Hopefully they sent the flame logo because in this situation the interlocking ND logo would certainly be mistaken for the other ND.

• Upvote 2

I'm curious to what logo they decide on....would be pretty Sioux-eet if they used the Fighting Sioux logo but I doubt they will....

http://www.inforum.c...publisher_ID/1/

To keep the trademark to the Sioux moniker UND has to use it in commerce on occasion. Allowing its use in a movie is a pretty easy way to that without trotting out "throwback" gear and risk upsetting the bedwetters on campus. Then again, I doubt the UND GC is that bright.

• Upvote 4

Standing buffalo wins gold medal

Regina Leader-Post - ‎6 hours ago‎

The Standing Buffalo Fighting Sioux defeated the Saskatoon Exterminators 7-5 in the pee wee gold-medal final at the Saskatchewan lacrosse championships in Regina on Sunday.

Guess the Canadians aren't concerned about being hostile and abusive. Wonder if they sell Fighting Sioux shirts in Standing Buffalo?

Standing buffalo wins gold medal

Regina Leader-Post - ‎6 hours ago‎

The Standing Buffalo Fighting Sioux defeated the Saskatoon Exterminators 7-5 in the pee wee gold-medal final at the Saskatchewan lacrosse championships in Regina on Sunday.

Guess the Canadians aren't concerned about being hostile and abusive. Wonder if they sell Fighting Sioux shirts in Standing Buffalo?

Can't really tell what their jerseys look like, but congrats to UND's real namesake. ;)

1044647_438386492935350_1557540029_n.jpg