1 Wisconsin 7 pm

Mercyhurst

4 Boston College Noon

St. Lawrence

2 Minnesota 4 pm

North Dakota

3 Cornell 1 pm

Boston University

UND gets a chance to quickly avenge Friday night's loss. They can certainly get this done and do some damage in the tourney.

I thought for sure like Brad that BU would end up going to Wisconsin. Mercyhurst finished well above them in the pairwise and their reward for it is getting to play the #1 team in the country. I guess you can argue regionalism a bit because Mercyhurst is a bit closer to Wisconsin, but still they finished higher in the pairwise than North Dakota, St. Lawrence, and BU.

Anyone seen the official NCAA tournament program? National Classless Athletic Association. Very petty and disgraceful move to exclude the team photo IMO. Very unfortunate for the UND programs first NCAA Tournament appearance.

http://www.ncaa.com/NCWomensIceHockey

not to be entirely mean to them, but the NCAA does realize that they list our website as fightingsioux.com right? They could have just put undsports.com which reroutes back to fightingsioux.com.

Anyone seen the official NCAA tournament program? National Classless Athletic Association. Very petty and disgraceful move to exclude the team photo IMO. Very unfortunate for the UND programs first NCAA Tournament appearance.

http://www.ncaa.com/NCWomensIceHockey

Did UND have a team photo with the new jerseys? If UND gave them a team photo with the nickname and logo on it then the photo wasn't going to be used. That's part of the sanctions.

not to be entirely mean to them, but the NCAA does realize that they list our website as fightingsioux.com right? They could have just put undsports.com which reroutes back to fightingsioux.com.

Again I'll ask, what was provided to them? Did anyone from UND give them the undsports.com website? It wasn't used very long as a stand alone web site so it probably wasn't as well known. Whoever published the program may have just used either what was provided to them or they went to simple sources of information, which probably listed fightingsioux.com.

Not to turn this into a Sioux nickname thread but I just noticed something interesting. I have always thought that UND put a little too much emphasis on the Sioux name and not enough on the university's name when it came to athletics. Looking at the team photo of the other teams in the tournament, every single one of them has their school name or initials, not their mascot or nickname.

• Upvote 1

Not to turn this into a Sioux nickname thread but I just noticed something interesting. I have always thought that UND put a little too much emphasis on the Sioux name and not enough on the university's name when it came to athletics. Looking at the team photo of the other teams in the tournament, every single one of them has their school name or initials, not their mascot or nickname.

Hey, it worked great for 50 years, as the school has a lot of brandname recognition across the country coming from such a small school. I guess we'll find out going forward if using just the school name gives us the same recognition.

I think that most schools use their school name or initials on uniforms if they put any words. If you look at football and basketball, all the big schools seem to do that. Just look at North Carolina, Duke, UCLA, Kansas, Kentucky, Texas, etc. Sometimes they use logos on helmets, and even on the shoulders of football uniforms. But the main thing on the uniforms is the school names or initials. Nicknames and logos go on t-shirts, logos and other stuff.

I would like to witness Fetch, Dave and the rest of them looking these hard working ladies in the eye and telling them that this is all worth it to be able to be called the Fighting Sioux (sometimes).

To not have your picture in the NCAA Championship program - something they will probably keep for the rest of their lives - :crazy: - is this really the lesser of two evils, DaveK?

I would like to witness Fetch, Dave and the rest of them looking these hard working ladies in the eye and telling them that this is all worth it to be able to be called the Fighting Sioux (sometimes).

To not have your picture in the NCAA Championship program - something they will probably keep for the rest of their lives - :crazy: - is this really the lesser of two evils, DaveK?

The only possible remedy I can think of at this point is for the women to win the tournament, thereby possibly earning a team photo holding the championship trophy for inclusion in a later possible tournament program.

• Upvote 1

Two things: First, there is a link to the game webcast on Minnesota's women's hockey page. It is free.

Also, take a look at page 16 of the women's program. Who is that team in black playing against UMD? Would the great minds at the NCAA really have let a picture of multiple Sioux jerseys through editing?

Two things: First, there is a link to the game webcast on Minnesota's women's hockey page. It is free.

Also, take a look at page 16 of the women's program. Who is that team in black playing against UMD? Would the great minds at the NCAA really have let a picture of multiple Sioux jerseys through editing?

The NCAA may not create the program themselves. That could very well be subbed out. And the program is put together in a hurry. The teams were announced on Sunday evening. I'm sure that they were working on the program and pulling things together for several teams. It isn't surprising that something could slip through the cracks.

The NCAA may not create the program themselves. That could very well be subbed out. And the program is put together in a hurry. The teams were announced on Sunday evening. I'm sure that they were working on the program and pulling things together for several teams. It isn't surprising that something could slip through the cracks.

There's 8 teams in the tournament. 8. You leave 16 pages empty(8 for the teams, 8 for advertisements), and fill in the rest with your articles. They knew for 3 months at least 2 of the 8 teams. It doesn't take that long to fill in the rest with the other 6 teams and go to print.