SiouxSports.com Forum

Roger's on ESPN2 Tuesday Morning!

The Sicatoka

So, is anyone watching?

I really like that they're using the "Sioux Illustrated, The TV Show" desk for the interview.

I can almost hear it now ....

"So Roger, where are you?"

"Oh, I'm at the host desk for our between periods and weekly television show, Sioux Illustrated, The TV Show, here in the $100 million dollar Ralph Engelstad Arena on the University of North Dakota campus."

I saw it. They also had an official from the NCAA Division II selection committe on. The focus of the discussion was on how much better the Division II system is for determining a national champion than the Division I system with BCS.

I missed the opening lead-in of the show, so I don't know what was said or featured then. I caught brief glimpse of Grand Valley State players hoisting the national trophy after last year's championship game.

However, Sicatoka, you will be glad to know that very faintly in the background while Roger was on, you could hear the sound of pucks hitting the boards. ???

However, Sicatoka, you will be glad to know that very faintly in the background while Roger was on, you could hear the sound of pucks hitting the boards. ???

Ah the sound of pucks hitting boards in the morning. Just the thought makes these old bones feel young again. Is there anything better?

Let me correct a minor problem here in my first supposition:

"So Roger, where are you?"

"Oh, I'm at the host desk for our between periods and weekly television show, Sioux Illustrated, The TV Show, here in the $100 million dollar Ralph Engelstad Arena on the University of North Dakota campus, home to the Number 1 ranked college hockey team in the land."

Huh -- I would have but I just read that Roger would be on after it happened. Not much notice.

I'm even checking UND's site an unusual amount this week because I keep expecting them to post football playoff ticket info. GVSU has already sold a few thousand, we're told, yet UND doesn't seem particularly anxious to sell me one.

Huh -- I would have but I just read that Roger would be on after it happened. Not much notice.

I'm even checking UND's site an unusual amount this week because I keep expecting them to post football playoff ticket info. GVSU has already sold a few thousand, we're told, yet UND doesn't seem particularly anxious to sell me one.

Ticket and charter info is now posted on UND's site.

UND told my co-worker yesterday that they only had enough tickets for the people going on the charter. IF he wanted a ticket, he would have to get them down there.

I don't understand why UND wouldn't be more willing to help out their UND fans.

I missed this thread earlier, since my board marked everything like I had already read it for some reason. I posted this on the fb thread:

The odd thing was that the interviewer did nothing but ask questions on the BCS and Div. I. You'd think he would've asked a little more on DII and promo'd the national championship better. The only stuff pertaining to DII was how the tournament is set up.

Also they showed GVSU highlights from last year and had the UND AD on. ???

I didn't care for the background for RT. It looks nice, but you could barely make out Sioux on one of the signs for Sioux Illustrated. They should've had him in front of something more UNDish that you could clearly see/read.

The show also mentioned Dru in one of its news segments.