SiouxSports.com Forum

Brewster named new Women's BB Coach

GeauxSioux

I thought UND had this policy?

UND provides all eligible regular staff employees the opportunity to apply for vacant staff positions prior to external recruitment. All regular position vacancies will be listed internally for a period of five working days.

UND: The place that hires assistants to be the head coach after the head coaches leave.

UND: The place that hires assistants to be the head coach after the head coaches leave.

Don't see the problem with that. Much less the pattern really...................... :huh:

• Hakstol: Longtime assistant
  • Mussman: Longtime assistant
  • Brewster: Longtime assistant
  • Parsons: One-time assistant
  • Dodson: No ties to North Dakota
  • Hardee: No ties to North Dakota
  • Idalski: No ties to North Dakota
  • Jones: No ties to North Dakota
  • Oakley: No ties to North Dakota

Congrats to Travis, he deserves his shot. Originally came to UND as a grad asst for Rich Glas, then Buck recruited him to the Women's program. Has nice recruiting ties in the mid-west and very well thought of by former players, coaches. I think he is a Great fit for our program right now.

Good Luck Coach Brew.....

Congrats to Travis, he deserves his shot. Originally came to UND asa grad asst for Rich Glas, then Buck recruited him to the Women's program. Has nice recruiting ties in the mid-west and ery well thought of by former players, coaches. I think he is a Great fit for our program right now.

Good Luck Coach Brew.....

Agree...........

I believe he also spent time at South Dakota St. early in their transtion. They've done pretty well.

Don't see the problem with that. Much less the pattern really...................... :huh:

• Hakstol: Longtime assistant
  • Mussman: Longtime assistant
  • Brewster: Longtime assistant
  • Parsons: One-time assistant
  • Dodson: No ties to North Dakota
  • Hardee: No ties to North Dakota
  • Idalski: No ties to North Dakota
  • Jones: No ties to North Dakota
  • Oakley: No ties to North Dakota

Didn't say it was a problem. Just a trend I noticed based on the top 3 of 4 sports at UND.

• 1 year later...

Great person as well from what I have encountered at the Fan Lunches and Wednesday Coach's Show at the Ground Round...We are very lucky to have someone like him leading our WBB team!

Absolutely agree. Seems like a class act and a very good person and coach. If I had a daughter playing HS basketball would definitely push her toward UND over current situation at NDSU, as hard as that is for me to say.

It would be fitting for him to lead the first ND D1 women's team to the ladies "Big Dance". I hope they get to host the BSC tournament and make it this year.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

NDSU's new women's basketball coach, Maren Walseth, signs 5 year deal worth $150,000 per year.

$150k per year for a program that drew a whopping 721 people per game last year? I wonder if Dorn has complete autonomy to hire and determine salaries, or whether Taylor actually approved this?

Classy... but not surprised And what is the UND way? Homophobia?

Dorn is the one that is "classy".

She only wants candidates that bat "her" and Amy's way and rejects the others if they don't pass the sniff test.

That's real equal opportunity.

Dorn runs the women's department, which is a guarantee UND will be miles ahead.