SiouxSports.com Forum

Let's be careful out there.

The Sicatoka

As if the Dru Sjodin case shouldn't have everyone more wary of their surroundings, now this happens Saturday night in Fargo. (Northport is only about a mile from the NDSU campus. However, in this case the victim wasn't a student.)

Folks, and on this I know all fans can agree, let's be careful out there. Be aware of your surroundings. And let's get these (omitted) and put them away.

Woman Reports Assault

By Mary Jo Almquist 

malmquist@forumcomm.com

The Forum - 12/08/2003

A 32-year-old Fargo woman says she was forced at gunpoint into a vehicle late Saturday outside a grocery store and sexually assaulted by three men.

The woman was in the parking lot at the Northport Hornbacher

I'm sorry to say, but I'm looking at all these abduction attempts as being a bit hard to believe. I didn't think the Fertile one seemed right from the start and this Fargo one with the older woman seems a bit suspicious. Getting away from three men who had a gun!? No bruising. I'd be curious as to what that rape test shows.

Some people see the attention that Dru is getting and think they'll get it as well. Amazing that we jump from so few kidnapping attempts to 4 in a few weeks time.

I hope everyone saw that the reported abduction in Fertile was a lie. It is a sad fact that some people cannot handle tragic situations like Dru because they no longer receive the attention that they were receiving before. ???

People that act like this have Borderline personalities--inappropriate attention-seeking behaviors, inability to maintain steady relationships. These behaviors usually manifest in early adolesence & are a result of growing up in a chaotic home with erratic, unstable parents.

ND? AZ? Elsewhere?

Orig. from ND but have lived in AZ the last 9 years. If you ever visit here, make sure you bring your passport as this state is almost under Mexican control--illegal Mexicans everywhere. Can't imagine living in this $h!thole much longer--this place is a joke. Sorry about the rant, I'm prone to going off on tangents ;)

Orig. from ND but have lived in AZ the last 9 years. If you ever visit here, make sure you bring your passport as this state is almost under Mexican control--illegal Mexicans everywhere. Can't imagine living in this $h!thole much longer--this place is a joke. Sorry about the rant, I'm prone to going off on tangents ???

Are you talking about yourself, or your father? I was curious if he was a psychologist around here because I'm at UND for psychology.

Are you talking about yourself, or your father? I was curious if he was a psychologist around here because I'm at UND for psychology.

I was talking about myself but we both live in Phx. My father was a tutor for Phil Jackson while he was working on his graduate degree in psychology at UND from 1964-67. Also, he claims he invented the term "psychobabble" ???

Did I say anything false? So what's the issue?

It happened outside Duluth as well during this time frame (but not as many Duluth fans read this board).

Then ask my neice who goes to school outside the region about the lecture she got.

I'm trying to say it can happen anywhere, even "safe" places, and people need to be careful. Period.

PS - tony, for a guy so worried about conduct of posters, nice leading insult.

I say you talk like a snake crawls because I can never tell where you're going or where you're coming from. Nobody would accuse you of being a straight-talking son-of-a-gun :silly:

The issue is that you seem to be insinuating that the proximity to the alleged abductions in Fargo has something to do with the scene being close to NDSU. Where are you going with that? If you want to be understood, start talking in a straight line.

Factually you are wrong. Northport is not close to NDSU - it's on the north side of town, that's true, but it's over a mile from NDSU in a residential neighborhood.

Heck, the architecture buildling isn't even occupied yet (as far as I know).

Man, do some introspection - in my judgement, you did not link those incidents in Fargo to NDSU to show that even in safe places people need to be careful.

PS

I have no idea what the heck you are talking about when you say "for a guy so worried about conduct of posters, nice leading insult." Who says that I don't like a good insult? Be specific now.

The Northport report is false. Doing that to that northside of Fargo community was wrong. I hope she faces the consequences for her actions.

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=46306

And gee tony, I lose so much sleep worrying about what you think of my writing style.