SiouxSports.com Forum

Final Five Questions

GFG

Best Western Bandana Square is close by with a bus run in front of the hotel that takes you two blocks from the Xcel Center. Great full breakfast, pool, neat old train depot its built upon, and nice rooms. Go on priceline to see if you can get cheap rates..I once got them for $80. Eating and bar area on same street.

Hey everyone, I'm making my first trip to the Final Five this year and had some questions about hotels. I tried asking on GPL but since most of them live in the cities it's not much help :) .

I was wondering if people on here could recommend some cheap hotels that are somewhat in the area of the X and are a safe neighborhood. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.

I have been checking for over a week and not much out there unless u go away from the X. I 2 would appreciate any help I could get

I have been checking for over a week and not much out there unless u go away from the X. I 2 would appreciate any help I could get

The problem with downtown St. Paul is there are only what 5 hotels. HI, Kelly Inn, Hilton Garden, Crown Plaza, and Embassy Suites if I am not mistaken. Why not just stay somewhere besides downtown St. Paul? This is a very nice hotel in Bloomington "Sofitel Minneapolis". Are you afraid to drive in Minneapolis?

I have stayed at the Embassy Suites a few times in downtown St. Paul. They have a shuttle that runs back and forth to the X. They also have a free happy hour or two before the games!!! All you can drink!! :D Not to mention a complimentary cook to order breakfast.

They hire security guards to literally run around the building at night during these events. So I guess its not as crazy as the Holiday Inn...

http://embassysuites...MRK02CSGBIYMVCQ

And Alarys within stumbling distance!

Best Western Bandana Square is close by with a bus run in front of the hotel that takes you two blocks from the Xcel Center. Great full breakfast, pool, neat old train depot its built upon, and nice rooms. Go on priceline to see if you can get cheap rates..I once got them for $80. Eating and bar area on same street.

I stayed there for the Frozen Four last year and I loved the place. Most spacious basic room i've ever stayed in, plus with all the other hockey fans staying there it was a fun time drinking beer around the pool and talking all night.

Nice, where is this place? I always go to Wild Tymes or the bar in the X! Obviously I have been going to the wrong places, lol! What else are the hot spots, just in between and before games? After games we hang out by the hotel in 3m area...

Tom Reids is a favorite of mine. I also don't mind the LIffy and McGoverns.

Does anyone here do the tailgating?

I never set up for it, but two years ago we tailgated with some Gopher fans that we meet on the Thursday game. Some of them were always snippy but the ones we talked a lot with gave us some dogs and a couple beers, was fun!

Last year we got stopped by some dog fans and they insisted us to eat some burgers and drink some beer, all with our Sioux jerseys on ! It's really a fun weekend partying with the enemy (the cool ones), but avoiding the stupid fans from all teams! Including some Sioux fans that I seen and made me embarrassed to witness their actions!

I have tail gated in my room the last couple of years. :)

:lol: I can just imagine you sitting in your hotel room with some beer, cooking burgers on a george foreman

I never set up for it, but two years ago we tailgated with some Gopher fans that we meet on the Thursday game. Some of them were always snippy but the ones we talked a lot with gave us some dogs and a couple beers, was fun!

Last year we got stopped by some dog fans and they insisted us to eat some burgers and drink some beer, all with our Sioux jerseys on ! It's really a fun weekend partying with the enemy (the cool ones), but avoiding the stupid fans from all teams! Including some Sioux fans that I seen and made me embarrassed to witness their actions!

Sounds fun to me! A lot like Gopher football tailgating. Everyone asks you to eat and drink with them. I hate sconny but when I met a bunch of their fans tailgating I couldn't help but be impressed with how friendly they were. Maybe we'll have to have a few brews together! Every fan base has the idiots, there's no denying that. My friend was at the UND-Tech game lastnight and he did the Minnesota chant as a joke and a UND fan came up to him and tried fighting him until security came and kicked the guy out.

Where do you park for the tailgating?

There is a lot in back of Dairy Queen that has a lot of representation from all schools. Tom Reid's last year before Frozen 4 was great. Lots of Sioux Fans of course, but some really nice Gopher, Badger, Denver, Tech, and even some BC folks. If I recall, the ones that were kind of arrogant were the Notre Dame fans. Didn't see any Omaha or Clown representation.

There is a lot in back of Dairy Queen that has a lot of representation from all schools. Tom Reid's last year before Frozen 4 was great. Lots of Sioux Fans of course, but some really nice Gopher, Badger, Denver, Tech, and even some BC folks. If I recall, the ones that were kind of arrogant were the Notre Dame fans. Didn't see any Omaha or Clown representation.

I've heard a lot about that lot behind DQ. Is there parking on the spot there?

Ha, that's funny because some of the only nice people I encountered at the Frozen Four were some Notre Dame fans. Weird.

I've been to the Final Five for the past three years and I don't think I'll be making it this year. A little something called tax season gets in the way. :sad: I have stayed in the Holiday Inn across from the X and had a great time.

I've heard a lot about that lot behind DQ. Is there parking on the spot there?

I believe so, although we walked there. Sorry I don't have more info. It is literally right across the street from Tom Reid's. So if tailgating is a bust, you can always fall back on TR's.