SiouxSports.com Forum

Final Five Questions

GFG

It was actually 2010. They beat Northern Michigan 4-3 in double overtime before falling to Wisconsin 5-3 in the regional final.

I was at that regional at the X...I am still surprised that St Cloud didn't advance to the Frozen Four that season.

Let's not bash too much on SCSU - they are great hosts when we come to town and it's a nice little rivalry - usually more like a hammer and nail one - but yet the Sioux almost always split in St. Cloud. I'm not talking about Friday night with anyone until we win Thursday - it's called Karma.

Let's not bash too much on SCSU - they are great hosts when we come to town and it's a nice little rivalry - usually more like a hammer and nail one - but yet the Sioux almost always split in St. Cloud. I'm not talking about Friday night with anyone until we win Thursday - it's called Karma.

Great hosts? Did they blot out the word "SIOUX" on your jersey like they do on the photos on the wall there?

Great hosts? Did they blot out the word "SIOUX" on your jersey like they do the photos on the wall there?

That would be the school administration - not the Center Ice Club and its members. When Santos was President he was fixated on the nickname issue and left the school in financial shambles.

That would be the school administration - not the Center Ice Club and its members. When Santos was President he was fixated on the nickname issue and left the school in financial shambles.

I'll spot you that. Most St Cloud fans I've met are rather nice.

When Santos Saigo, Roy Saigo, was President he was fixated on the nickname issue and left the school in financial shambles.

FYP.

I remember that because I heard someone once refer to those who followed Saigo's path as "Saigo-paths" and Leigh Jeanotte's followers as "Jeanotte-heads".

Thanks for the correction. Changing directions a little - how crazy is it going to be in St. Paul this weekend 5 of six teams could bring lots of fans, St. Patrick's day in an Irish town and temperatures between 65 and 70 Thursday - Saturday - it's gonna be CRAZY!

Had many a Jucy Lucy's in my day....I would take a burger from JL Beers anyday....It's a novelty for a cheese in the middle, but overall the burgers aren't that great......like "pepper" food? ;)

I am going to have to give JL Beers another shot I guess. Lots of hype about them. Tried one once and it was about as average as average can be. Nowhere near top 5 in Fargo.

I am going to have to give JL Beers another shot I guess. Lots of hype about them. Tried one once and it was about as average as average can be. Nowhere near top 5 in Fargo.

I agree with you on that. Love the place for the beer, but the burgers aren't anything special IMO. Green Mill, Five Guys and even Buffalo Wild Wings burgers are much better than JL Beers IMO.

I agree with you on that. Love the place for the beer, but the burgers aren't anything special IMO. Green Mill, Five Guys and even Buffalo Wild Wings burgers are much better than JL Beers IMO.

You listed 4 chain restaurants as better buyers than JL Beers!! That's just crazy! JL wipes the floor with any of those places any day!!

• Upvote 1

You listed 4 chain restaurants as better buyers than JL Beers!! That's just crazy! JL wipes the floor with any of those places any day!!

JL Beers knocks the socks off a Green Mill or BWW burger. Who orders a burger at Green Mill anyways? I don't live in Grand Forks, but I do know the only place that can compete with a JL Beers burger is Five Guys or a well done burger at Culvers.

Hi Ho Tavern is far superior. Ruby Tuesday is pretty good as well. Granite City too. The Hub burger in GF also. Mick's Office was great until they switched ownership and they must have changed vendors? Like i said I have only tried JL once and wasn't impressed at all and neither were the 2 people I was with. Maybe it was the anticipation since a few people had said how good they were.

Hi Ho Tavern is far superior. Ruby Tuesday is pretty good as well. Granite City too. The Hub burger in GF also. Mick's Office was great until they switched ownership and they must have changed vendors? Like i said I have only tried JL once and wasn't impressed at all and neither were the 2 people I was with. Maybe it was the anticipation since a few people had said how good they were.

You guys tried a burger at Speedway? Unbelievable! Especially the Popper burger!

Agreed here. One game at a time and St. Cloud will be fighting for their playoff lives. They have a solid team, a fine coach, and a quality program. I remain puzzled at those who believe that they should not be in the NCHC. A remodeled arena. A solid recruiting base. In the so-called State of Hockey. They will prove to be a more formidable foe over time than will WMU or Miami . . . . And a much easier road trip, at least for me.

Agreed here. One game at a time and St. Cloud will be fighting for their playoff lives. They have a solid team, a fine coach, and a quality program. I remain puzzled at those who believe that they should not be in the NCHC. A remodeled arena. A solid recruiting base. In the so-called State of Hockey. They will prove to be a more formidable foe over time than will WMU or Miami . . . . And a much easier road trip, at least for me.

A much easier road trip, indeed, NDH, but who wouldn't want to take a road trip to the Sunshine State in the middle of a long cold winter and catch some Fighting Sioux hockey?