SiouxSports.com Forum

Final Five Questions

GFG

We stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Shoreview. Through Expedia it is $59 on Thursday and $69 for Friday and Saturday. Parking at the X is only $10 just two blocks away.

How did you get that price? How far away is Shoreview?

How did you get that price? How far away is Shoreview?

Shoreview is just north of Roseville, and Roseville is on Saint Paul's northern border. The hotel is on 694. Take that east about three miles to 35E south. Take that about 8-10 miles and you are in downtown Saint Paul. On the eastern edge of the downtown loop. Drive straight ahead to Kellogg Blvd, on the river, and take a right. Go about eight blocks and there lies the sight of the finest tournament in all of sport.

An easier drive and directions one could not hope to find from the Hilton Garden to the Ex. The Blue Fox, right across 694 to the south, will offer drinks and dancing to live rock n' roll music well into the night.

There is also the Saturday morning brunch for SiouxSportsters at Hoggsbreath that is arranged by MafiaMan. There are usually some pretty good hockey stories told there.

Thanks for the plug. This year, I'm presenting Tom and Jossie with an 8X10 of the group photo we took last March. Good stuff!

We stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Shoreview. Through Expedia it is $59 on Thursday and $69 for Friday and Saturday. Parking at the X is only $10 just two blocks away.

That was last year's price. This year is $64 on Thursday and $74 on Friday/Saturday for a king with two adults. A room with two doubles is about $80. It is an easy drive downtown and yes, it is straight north of Hoggsbreath.

I have stayed at the Embassy Suites a few times in downtown St. Paul. They have a shuttle that runs back and forth to the X. They also have a free happy hour or two before the games!!! All you can drink!! :D Not to mention a complimentary cook to order breakfast.

They hire security guards to literally run around the building at night during these events. So I guess its not as crazy as the Holiday Inn...

http://embassysuites...MRK02CSGBIYMVCQ

They are now $64, $74, and $74 with advance purchase. Anywhere on the 494 strip in Bloomington will also work. 494 to Fort Road aka 7th st right to arena. That is unless you want to take the quick route there along the river on Shepard Rd.

Some friends and I renewed our Final Five tickets in November so that we could keep the seats we had last year. Today, the tickets arrived and we found out that the Xcel Energy Center decided to give us different seats. Needless to say, we are not happy. Has this happened to anyone else?

What good does it do to order a ticket early to get the seat you want, to only have these people turn around and give you a different seat??? I wouldn't be happy and I be filling their ears with a few choice words.

What good does it do to order a ticket early to get the seat you want, to only have these people turn around and give you a different seat??? I wouldn't be happy and I be filling their ears with a few choice words.

My friend called Xcel Energy Center. Thankfully the seats we had last year were still available so everything was reset and they will be mailing the correct tickets. The person at Xcel was apologetic and didn't know how it happened. The tickets they gave us weren't terrible (lower bowl, row 15), but we really like our original seats.

• Upvote 1

I got mine today also and I am so sick of when the Sioux win that tourny or the league they are shown on the ticket whited out!!

Any other team wins, their photo with color and the full image is there!

Why? I have the last six years of tickets saved!!!

If i am not mistaken...the 2007 tickets at least had our team from the previous year in black and white...from the one that I saw it appeared like it was stretched out across all the tickets in the package. I could be remembering that wrong though.

I got mine today also and I am so sick of when the Sioux win that tourny or the league they are shown on the ticket whited out!!

Any other team wins, their photo with color and the full image is there!

Why? I have the last six years of tickets saved!!!

The league is trying to save money no doubt. Printing in a few colors is likely less expensive than printing in all colors. I don't know my printing protocols very well.

More importantly, perhaps, is that the silhouettes in white are not the Sioux. The team did not hoist The Broadmoor Trophy last year as a player is shown doing here.

They did not touch it. Superstition that was left on the same ice a few weeks later in that heartbreaking season-ending loss to Michigan.

The WCHA has always been a reasoned supporter of the Sioux. It recognized North Dakota Hockey as one of the long mainstays and one of the most important cogs in its years of success.

Enjoy the 1980's dvd.

The league is trying to save money no doubt. Printing in a few colors is likely less expensive than printing in all colors. I don't know my printing protocols very well.

More importantly, perhaps, is that the silhouettes in white are not the Sioux. The team did not hoist The Broadmoor Trophy last year as a player is shown doing here.

They did not touch it. Superstition that was left on the same ice a few weeks later in that heartbreaking season-ending loss to Michigan.

The WCHA has always been a reasoned supporter of the Sioux. It recognized North Dakota Hockey as one of the long mainstays and one of the most important cogs in its years of success.

Enjoy the 1980's dvd.

I don't think the league is doing the designing. I thought I heard it was done by the University of Minnesota, or at least they help out with some of the promotional efforts, not sure on tickets. Don't quote me on that. The league doesn't do their marketing internally I don't think. When they designed their "new" logo, they went to an outside source to do it. On the bright side, when they hand out the free calendars we should be on the front in color again :)

Last 3 years I've stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on Burns Ave. We always take shuttle, because they allow you to carry on your beer. One year we tried staying at Holiday Inn Express right across from the Xcel and everyone wearing green got booted after we killed Duluth. When I say everyone I mean every single Sioux fan in the hotel got many noise complaints against him. We got noise complaints and we were down at Alary's and when we did come back we went to sleep, and 10 min later 6 cops kicked us out and said we were told to keep it down...

Does anyone know of a shuttle or party bus to Minneapolis from Grand Forks. I'm the only guy in my crew left going to school at UND, they all have moved on but we want to keep up the tradition of going to Final Five.

Does anyone know of a shuttle or party bus to Minneapolis from Grand Forks. I'm the only guy in my crew left going to school at UND, they all have moved on but we want to keep up the tradition of going to Final Five.

Al Pearson has a fan bus/party bus going to St. Paul for the FInal Five. A friend and I took his fan bus to Duluth and had a great time. Jello shots were passed around within the first hour and the keg was empty by the time we got to Bemidji. :lol: Al books a block of rooms for the group and has tickets if you need them. Call him for more information - (218) 779-5740

Al Pearson has a fan bus/party bus going to St. Paul for the FInal Five. A friend and I took his fan bus to Duluth and had a great time. Jello shots were passed around within the first hour and the keg was empty by the time we got to Bemidji. :lol: Al books a block of rooms for the group and has tickets if you need them. Call him for more information - (218) 779-5740

Must have had too many jello shots if you want to Minneapolis through Bemidji... I know a quicker way