SiouxSports.com Forum

Final Five Questions

GFG

Hey everyone, I'm making my first trip to the Final Five this year and had some questions about hotels. I tried asking on GPL but since most of them live in the cities it's not much help :) .

I was wondering if people on here could recommend some cheap hotels that are somewhat in the area of the X and are a safe neighborhood. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.

Comfort Inn St. Paul is fairly close, less than a 10 min drive. Not the nicest, but is safe, has a bar/restaurant and a pool. Probably runs around $70 a night. I once stayed at the LivInn in Maplewood, pretty sketchy and gross but it is about 5 mins from the X and cost us around $30 a night, worst hotel I have ever stayed in but if you are feeling adventurous do it up.

Comfort Inn St. Paul is fairly close, less than a 10 min drive. Not the nicest, but is safe, has a bar/restaurant and a pool. Probably runs around $70 a night. I once stayed at the LivInn in Maplewood, pretty sketchy and gross but it is about 5 mins from the X and cost us around $30 a night, worst hotel I have ever stayed in but if you are feeling adventurous do it up.

lol not sure i'm feeling that adventurous. We stayed at the Days Inn in Maplewood for Gophers football and it was awesome! In the Maplewood Mall parking lot and a very safe area, had a fridge, microwave and everything you needed. Can't find the address for that Days Inn :sad: . I just don't know how far of a drive it is from there to the X

The last two years and last years NCAA I stayed at the Holiday Inn EAst by 3M. They have a shuttle to the X. You may have to wait a while getting back as they only ran 2 shuttle vans last year after games. But at least you do not have to pay for parking downtown. I am staying there this year again.

The last two years and last years NCAA I stayed at the Holiday Inn EAst by 3M. They have a shuttle to the X. You may have to wait a while getting back as they only ran 2 shuttle vans last year after games. But at least you do not have to pay for parking downtown. I am staying there this year again.

Can you give me an address please?

Holiday Inn East (3-M)

2201 BURNS AVE.,

ST. PAUL, MINNESOTA 55119 , UNITED STATES

Hotel Front Desk : 1-651-731-2220

My room for 3 nights is 94 a night plus taxes.

Hopefully this helps.

Thank you very much Ice Arena Man. I'll check it out tomorrow

Any other ideas are welcome as well!

Thank you very much Ice Arena Man. I'll check it out tomorrow

Any other ideas are welcome as well!

It's been a couple of years, but I usually stay down in Eagan. There are several places right off 35E like the Dakota Ridge Best Western and a Microtel. I have always gotten them for a good price. It is a straight drive up 35E to the X, usually takes me 10-15 minutes.

lol not sure i'm feeling that adventurous. We stayed at the Days Inn in Maplewood for Gophers football and it was awesome! In the Maplewood Mall parking lot and a very safe area, had a fridge, microwave and everything you needed. Can't find the address for that Days Inn :sad: . I just don't know how far of a drive it is from there to the X

I used to work at the Maplewood Mall, and the drive is a good 20 minutes from the X. Don't have an address but if it's at the mall, you take the White Bear Ave exit off 694 :D

We come in from Denver every year and stay at the Hilton:

http://hiltongardeninn.hilton.com/en/gi/hotels/index.jhtml;jsessionid=XD2S5PBHZGPN4CSGBJBNEWQ?ctyhocn=MSPCCGI

We take a shuttle to and from the airport and walk everywhere we need to go so parking isn't and issue for us. I don't remember how much the rooms are per night but it is very conveniently located - close to restaurants and all of the bars you need to hit while at the Final 5.

I used to work at the Maplewood Mall, and the drive is a good 20 minutes from the X. Don't have an address but if it's at the mall, you take the White Bear Ave exit off 694 :D

Awesome! That will be our last resort just because it's a good drive but it's not a bad area. Thanks Sioux fan in DU land, i'll check that one out too!

There are some cheap hotels in Roseville, convenient on the way in and out of town. 35W and Hwy 36. Hwy 36 to 35E into Saint Paul and the X is a very easy drive in about fifteen minutes. Motel 6 and Super 8 stuff if you are looking at going to that pricepoint. Many other hotel options there as well.

Only drawback, like most anywhere else, is the drinky drivey issue if that is your cup of tea. A reasonably priced weekend of fun could turn into a whole lotta trouble if one has equipment not working on the old car, or is inclined to get a lead foot or a bit swervy on the roads after a few. If you are thinking about doing that, bite the bullet, pay downtown prices, and save yourself $10K.

Have fun. The Final Five is the best tournament in all of sport.

Holiday Inn East (3-M)

2201 BURNS AVE.,

ST. PAUL, MINNESOTA 55119 , UNITED STATES

Hotel Front Desk : 1-651-731-2220

My room for 3 nights is 94 a night plus taxes.

Hopefully this helps.

This is where we stay, I don't mess with the shuttle, cabs are there quick and it's a $20 ride including tip, cheap between two guys, and never drinking and driving all weekend..

There is a Sonics about two blocks away also, we eat there at least four times, lol, good times, can't wait!!!!!!!!

We got out hotel room at the Holiday Inn right across the street from the Xcel Energy Center, we got our room and tickets back in December. This will be the third year in a row that I will have stayed at the Holiday INN, their breakfast is good and they are stumbling distance from all of the good bars that are right down the street.

We got out hotel room at the Holiday Inn right across the street from the Xcel Energy Center, we got our room and tickets back in December. This will be the third year in a row that I will have stayed at the Holiday INN, their breakfast is good and they are stumbling distance from all of the good bars that are right down the street.

That place don't sleep though, everyone leaves their doors open because it's an all night party!

Room to room all night. I need to recoupe, lol.........

That place don't sleep though, everyone leaves their doors open because it's an all night party! Room to room all night. I need to recoupe, lol.........

Actually, they give you the riot act when you sign in to that place, you sign a form when you check in. I have heard that there were people that were kicked out last year for partying. I don't know, I am hard sleeper so it doesn't bother me that much.

How much a night?

Actually, they give you the riot act when you sign in to that place, you sign a form when you check in. I have heard that there were people that were kicked out last year for partying. I don't know, I am hard sleeper so it doesn't bother me that much.

Good to know my sister works for Holiday Inn so I get rooms cheap! The three nights cost me $132 total. I never go there anymore because of the noise, but if it's taken care of I may go back! For one more year anyways....

How much a night?

The Holiday Inn is 180.00 a night and they sell out fast. However, you park your car on Thursday and try to remember where you left it on Sunday and you don't have to worry about parking or shuttles and taxies.

The Holiday Inn is 180.00 a night and they sell out fast. However, you park your car on Thursday and try to remember where you left it on Sunday and you don't have to worry about parking or shuttles and taxies.

They still have rooms open as of now