SiouxSports.com Forum

National Junior Team

fan1234

The www.usahockey.com site indicates that Dowell and Booth were chosen for the final two spots, over Stafford. The key to Stafford's participation is now this sentence:

"Participation in the tournament by previously announced forwards Dustin Brown (Ithaca, N.Y./Los Angeles Kings) and Ryan Kesler (Livonia, Mich./Vancouver Canucks) is pending final approval and release by their respective NHL teams."

I assume that Stafford would be the next forward added if either of the two NHLers were to not be released. The NHLers participation would be good for Team USA, good for the Sioux, but disappointing for Stafford. Hopefully he'll get his chance to go and play. The Sioux can get by for a few games without him.

If memory serves me correct, NHL teams don't like sending their players to this tourney. I remember the Wild announcers making a big deal of this last year, because a couple of Wild players went.

I still think we'll see Stafford in it, but if he doesn't go he will have two more years to play in it.

If memory serves me correct, NHL teams don't like sending their players to this tourney. I remember the Wild announcers making a big deal of this last year, because a couple of Wild players went.

I still think we'll see Stafford in it, but if he doesn't go he will have two more years to play in it.

They don't usually but they are now.

Case in Point- Marc Andre Fleury is now on Team Canada. Not that the Penguins would miss him. He's only 18 and playing for the defenseless, offenseless, and special teamsless Penguins. With him or without him they'll still suck.

The www.usahockey.com site indicates that Dowell and Booth were chosen for the final two spots, over Stafford. The key to Stafford's participation is now this sentence:

"Participation in the tournament by previously announced forwards Dustin Brown (Ithaca, N.Y./Los Angeles Kings) and Ryan Kesler (Livonia, Mich./Vancouver Canucks) is pending final approval and release by their respective NHL teams."

I assume that Stafford would be the next forward added if either of the two NHLers were to not be released. The NHLers participation would be good for Team USA, good for the Sioux, but disappointing for Stafford. Hopefully he'll get his chance to go and play. The Sioux can get by for a few games without him.

I am torn I like to see the young kids go to the JR tourney but we are going to need Drew to beat the Dirty Huskies I guess it is a win win situation for the Sioux.

That's ok if Stafford doesn't go. He'll go next year. Besides, with him in GF over break, he can get a good chance to play leader of the forwards.

You know what I'd like to see for the SCSU series?

Bo-Stafford-Porter line

Heaven knows, Porter has played his butt off. But then again, Genoway and Fylling deserve to be on that line too.

Think about it this way. Without Parise and Murray we still out talent about 3/4 of the teams in college hockey. Honestly. I still think we can do ok with these guys against SCCC in January.

Perhaps, but I wouldn't want to face BC without Parise and Murray.

10 to 1 Murray and Parise steal the show in the WJC. And dollars to donuts they come home with a ton of jet lag. ???

Don't forget about Eaves. I think that line, along with Crosby's and Ovechkin's (I think that's his name) line are gonna be lighting teams up like Christmas trees. Anyone know if Ovechkin is young enough so that he'll be here next year along with Crosby?

Ovechkin will likely be in the NHL next year. I believe he is too old to play in the 2005 tourney at the Ralph.

Well I could hope he'd be released by his team couldn't I? Don't shatter my dreams! I was thinking that since this is his draft year, he could be like Vanek and Parise and be young enough to play the year after he was drafted. ???

You may be right. He will be the number one pick in the next draft.