SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 Schedule?

WalkOn79

Is yours finalized yet? Can't wait to renew a rivalry I remember from the 70's! We're already making plans for the return trip to Grand Forks in 2013. It's only an hour farther for me than going to Bozeman!

We're bringing a bus with about 50 diehard NE Mont Bobcat Fans! Welcome to the BSC!!

• Upvote 2

Welcome to the board! Always nice to see fans of other schools...at least most of the time. :)

If you click the wiki link on the home page of this board, you will see our future schedules.

Here is a link...

http://wiki.siouxspo...l/2012_schedule

Our schedule is finalized, however, there are many who would like to see the SD Mines game come off of the schedule.

Any early tips if we get this bus thing pulled together?

Best place to stay relative to the stadium / nightlife / Friday night prefunction?

Best Tailgates?

Thanks in advance!

There is one hotel attached to the stadium, the Canad Inn, which is very nice and has a few bars inside of it. There is also another new hotel that is just about to open in the stadium parking lot, a Springfield Marriot, I believe.

Tailgaiting goes on all day in the parking lot.

There is one hotel attached to the stadium, the Canad Inn, which is very nice and has a few bars inside of it. There is also another new hotel that is just about to open in the stadium parking lot, a Springfield Marriot, I believe.

Tailgaiting goes on all day in the parking lot.

The hotel in the parking lot is a Sleep Inn, it was built as a cheaper alternative to staying at the Canad Inn. The Canad Inn has a couple decent bars in it. If you're looking for a louder/more vibrant scene you will want to go downtown. The best hotel for downtown would probably be the Townhouse. I've never stayed at the Townhouse, but it's an easy walk to the downtown bars. The Alerus Center/Canad Inn are about as far away from downtown as you can get in Grand Forks, but it's still not a bad drive/cab ride.

Edited by UNDBIZ

The hotel in the parking lot is a Sleep Inn, it was built as a cheaper alternative to staying at the Canad Inn. The Canad Inn has a couple decent bars in it. If you're looking for a louder/more vibrant scene you will want to go downtown. The best hotel for downtown would probably be the Townhouse. I've never stayed at the Townhouse, but it's an easy walk to the downtown bars. The Alerus Center/Canad Inn are about as far away from downtown as you can get in Grand Forks, but it's still not a bad drive/cab ride.

That bar is Muddy Rivers. It attracts an "older" crowd. Bonzers is a great pub with a good mix of old and young folks with the owners being big Sioux fans. Joe Blacks is the most popular bar downtown among the college aged students. Then you have the "dancing" at Gillys. The "trendy" Level 10. and the eclectic basment bar of O' Reilly's.

Finally the relaxed hip pizza joint/bar of Rhombus Guys - I recommend this joint as you can relax on the rooftop, order some pizza, get a drink at the rooftop bar, and watch some sports on the projector under the stars....and then easily walk half a block to Sledsters, a small bar with a decent sized crowd.

Finally the relaxed hip pizza joint/bar of Rhombus Guys - I recommend this joint as you can relax on the rooftop, order some pizza, get a drink at the rooftop bar, and watch some sports on the projector under the stars....and then easily walk half a block to Sledsters, a small bar with a decent sized crowd.

Sledsters also has the 10 shots for $20 deal. I recommend not doing this unless you are with several friends. :crazy:

Is yours finalized yet? Can't wait to renew a rivalry I remember from the 70's! We're already making plans for the return trip to Grand Forks in 2013. It's only an hour farther for me than going to Bozeman!

We're bringing a bus with about 50 diehard NE Mont Bobcat Fans! Welcome to the BSC!!

I am already liking these Big Sky Fans!! Bring a bus, come to GF, we will show you a fun time. We can be friends before and after the game...just not during!!! Great to be part of a conference with good classy fans!!

• Upvote 1

That bar is Muddy Rivers. It attracts an "older" crowd. Bonzers is a great pub with a good mix of old and young folks with the owners being big Sioux fans. Gillys is the most popular bar downtown among the college aged students. Then you have the "dancing" at Gillys. The "trendy" Level 10. and the eclectic basment bar of O' Reilly's.

Muddys typically has drawn an older crowd. However that is beginning to change a bit due to the new apartments right across the street. Kinda hit and miss though. But it has changed since the apartments have opened...

Muddys typically has drawn an older crowd. However that is beginning to change a bit due to the new apartments right across the street. Kinda hit and miss though. But it has changed since the apartments have opened...

Ok good to know. Thanks. I have not really been there since they opened. Although I was there on New Years Eve. Had a good time. There was a band in the ballroom which was opened by a wall into the bar.

I suspect when they remodeled a few years ago to open it up, it helped bring in the crowds.

That bar is Muddy Rivers. It attracts an "older" crowd. Bonzers is a great pub with a good mix of old and young folks with the owners being big Sioux fans. Joe Blacks is the most popular bar downtown among the college aged students. Then you have the "dancing" at Gillys. The "trendy" Level 10. and the eclectic basment bar of O' Reilly's.

I'm not sure why, but this post made me facepalm. Have you ever been downtown?

Ok good to know. Thanks. I have not really been there since they opened. Although I was there on New Years Eve. Had a good time. There was a band in the ballroom which was opened by a wall into the bar.

I suspect when they remodeled a few years ago to open it up, it helped bring in the crowds.

Speaking of downtown has Whitey's reopened yet?

Please go away troll.

Let me save you the time. " fargo is better."

so no, you haven't. Trendy level 10? Eclectic O'Really's? Either you're an idiot and don't know what these words mean, or you have never been to any of these places. The rooftop closes the first week of october anyway, your advice is garbage. Thanks for playing.

Did you see the quotations around "trendy"? Can you name a more "trendy" bar in Grand Forks? Didn't think so. Why are you here to argue what you think is trendy and how its not "trendy" compared to other bars? You serve no purpose.

Do you know the definition of eclectic? It means deriving its style from a broad range. O' Reilly's doesn't have a real "identity" It has a little of everything or nothing. You want to argue about the word "eclectic." Who cares. You serve no purpose.

Rhombus Rooftop might be closed by Oct 27. I will text Aaron Hendricks and check.

You don't have a problem with me calling Rhombus "hip"?

so no, you haven't. Trendy level 10? Eclectic O'Really's? Either you're an idiot and don't know what these words mean, or you have never been to any of these places. The rooftop closes the first week of october anyway, your advice is garbage. Thanks for playing.

to save you time, I have been to most of those places and with the quotation marks that Cratter has in place...that is not a half bad explanation of the bars downtown.