SiouxSports.com Forum

Go Sam Houston State

YAWNSON

It sure seems to me that SHSU is the most overlooked team in the playoffs. Most of us scoffed when they made the number one see and thought that they would be quickly dispatched in either their first or second game in the playoffs. Then they won both. and Montana was up next. Most of us thought that SHSU was was a decent team but surely the Griz and their cocky fans (probably more cocky that even us Bison fans) would dump Sam. Well, that did not happen either and now SHSU is meeting the Bison in Frisco. After the run SHSU has made I doubt that anyone is overlooking them. Hell, they have a running back that is as solid as a fire hydrant with legs and won't tip over. I think the Bison can take them down, but it will be a tight game and a dog fight. I am glad that the Bison got experience against a running team with the pounding of GSU (and that was not all due to crowd noise).

As for Sioux fans that don't want to cheer for the Bison......what is wrong with that? Although it is kind of stupid to try and claim that the folks that want to cheer for the Bison in the title game are somewhat of a lesser level Sioux fan than those who don't. As for this Bison fan.....I must admit, if UND was playing Farley and those idiots from UNI, I would probably take a deep breath, and hope UND whacked them. For this Bison fan there is not much of a rivalry left between NDSU and UND in sports.........but UNI........I can't stand them. And if any other Bison fan wants to to say I am less of a Bison fan because of that......might just need his ass kicked.

I've found UNI fans to be among the nicest, most polite, down to earth fans I've had the priviledge to meet. Has your experience been from message board fodder? I've experienced far more ugliness between sioux and bison fans-both virtually and reality.

No. There is no such thing as I-AA in any sport other than football. I'm saying Georgetown FOOTBALL should be labeled I-AA. The rest of their athletic programs should be labeled just straight up Division I, which is what they are.

I knew it would happen eventually on this topic Dave, you just put yourself in a box. You just stated the exact reason why the old labels were misleading.

Under the old system, Georgetown as an institution was labeled a I-AA school. The old system labeled institutions as a whole based on their football designation.

I-A schools played for the BCS championship

I-AA schools played the playoffs to decide the champion

I-AAA schools were schools that did not have football at all. eg. Wichita State, Gonzaga.

They made the change to be more accurate and to not label entire institutions based on one sport.

The reason you just quoted is exactly why the change was needed. Because under the old system, Georgetown didn't play I-AA football, they were a I-AA institution.

It sure seems to me that SHSU is the most overlooked team in the playoffs. Most of us scoffed when they made the number one see and thought that they would be quickly dispatched in either their first or second game in the playoffs. Then they won both. and Montana was up next. Most of us thought that SHSU was was a decent team but surely the Griz and their cocky fans (probably more cocky that even us Bison fans) would dump Sam. Well, that did not happen either and now SHSU is meeting the Bison in Frisco. After the run SHSU has made I doubt that anyone is overlooking them. Hell, they have a running back that is as solid as a fire hydrant with legs and won't tip over. I think the Bison can take them down, but it will be a tight game and a dog fight. I am glad that the Bison got experience against a running team with the pounding of GSU (and that was not all due to crowd noise).

As for Sioux fans that don't want to cheer for the Bison......what is wrong with that? Although it is kind of stupid to try and claim that the folks that want to cheer for the Bison in the title game are somewhat of a lesser level Sioux fan than those who don't. As for this Bison fan.....I must admit, if UND was playing Farley and those idiots from UNI, I would probably take a deep breath, and hope UND whacked them. For this Bison fan there is not much of a rivalry left between NDSU and UND in sports.........but UNI........I can't stand them. And if any other Bison fan wants to to say I am less of a Bison fan because of that......might just need his ass kicked.

Good stuff. On an unrelated matter what happened to Wyoming? I have been following them this year and was a bit surprised when they pretty much took a dump against Temple in their bowl game. Up until then they have had a pretty good season.

Good stuff. On an unrelated matter what happened to Wyoming? I have been following them this year and was a bit surprised when they pretty much took a dump against Temple in their bowl game. Up until then they have had a pretty good season.

I was shocked by that as well. However, defense has been suspect all season although better than last year. I just think they could not handle the Temlple running game. It was hard to watch very much of it since the Bison were on at the same time. I have 2 TVs in my mancave, but WYO was on the small one behind my bar and the Bison were on the big plasma TV.

I do think WYO will be tough next year. Too bad the Mountain West is falling apart. It is not the same with out BYU and Utah. The upcome defections next year really hurt the conference.

I've found UNI fans to be among the nicest, most polite, down to earth fans I've had the priviledge to meet. Has your experience been from message board fodder? I've experienced far more ugliness between sioux and bison fans-both virtually and reality.

I have been to games in Iowa as well as the idiots on the message board. Generally the message boards are worse. The GSU fans were some smack talking SOBs, but when I attended the Bison game a few years back in Georgia you would have never met a more gracious bunch of fans even in defeat. We hit a couple bars close to the stadium for some drinks after the game and we were amazed that as soon as we walked in with our Bison shirts on pitchers of beer started appearing on our table sent over by GSU fans congratulating us on our win. These boards generally bring out the worst in a team's fan base.