SiouxSports.com Forum

Go Sam Houston State

YAWNSON

I think this argument derives from NDSU fans screaming that the Bison are more well known than the Sioux due to their unbeatable football program (Youngstown St didn't beat NDSU, NDSU just played bad and lost). What most NDSU fans won't admit is that on a national scale, nobody cares about FCS football. Now, before you even bring it up, outside the large hockey markets (ND, MN, WI, MI, and the Northeast), few people really care about hockey either.

Disagree, YSU out executed us all game. Their QB was on fire...few will say otherwise.

Disagree, YSU out executed us all game. Their QB was on fire...few will say otherwise.

Care to refute the rest of my statement (I threw in the YSU comment as a joke, but I understand that humor in text form is often difficult to decipher, especially with all the people on the internet who make statements like that and actually believe them)? And I'm not trying to attack you here or anything, just acknowledging that both fan bases think they are better known than they really are.

• Upvote 1

If NDSU wins we will be DI FCS champs...do you have an issue with that?

Nope. DI Football Championship SUBDIVISION Champions. (Which is saying, not really D-I champions...)

Remember when Wyoming was 4-8 a few years ago. A bad FBS team. Remember which #1 ranked FC subdivision team they beat? Why, it was the Bison. It was one of their four wins that year. Close, but no cigar for the Herd.

Hey, I'm cheering NDSU. But, they aren't winning a real D-I championship. That's the 'Bama/LSU game.

Care to refute the rest of my statement (I threw in the YSU comment as a joke, but I understand that humor in text form is often difficult to decipher, especially with all the people on the internet who make statements like that and actually believe them)? And I'm not trying to attack you here or anything, just acknowledging that both fan bases think they are better known than they really are.

Finally, sanity, though Davek will dipute this.

Nope. DI Football Championship SUBDIVISION Champions. (Which is saying, not really D-I champions...)

Remember when Wyoming was 4-8 a few years ago. A bad FBS team. Remember which #1 ranked FC subdivision team they beat? Why, it was the Bison. It was one of their four wins that year. Close, but no cigar for the Herd.

Hey, I'm cheering NDSU. But, they aren't winning a real D-I championship. That's the 'Bama/LSU game.

Wyoming beat a 6-5 NDSU team. congrats to them!

I call the winner of the FCS playoffs the DI FCS champs and I call the team that wins the crystal football of corruption the BCS champs. Is that not accurate?

Outside of the Dakotas, Montanas, SoCon(GSU and App State) and CAA FCS football isn't really a huge deal...so I agree.

Hey moron, The FBS stands for Football Bowl SUBDIVISION!!! So the Alabama / LSU game is a Subdivision championship as well!!

And the Subdivision that NDSU and Sam Houston plays in is called the Football CHAMPIONSHIP Subdivision. So how can you honesly think that a subdivision with the word "Championship" in the name is not considered a real Championship??

And the Subdivision that NDSU and Sam Houston plays in is called the Football CHAMPIONSHIP Subdivision. So how can you honesly think that a subdivision with the word "Championship" in the name is not considered a real Championship??

Of course, but FCS is still the lower end of the spectrum. Kind of the runner up division. Off lesser importance. Division I in name only. The real top national championship is between 'Bama and LSU. Not NDSU and the Sam Austin Broncos or whoever they are playing.

Of course, but FCS is still the lower end of the spectrum. Kind of the runner up division. Off lesser importance. Division I in name only. The real top national championship is between 'Bama and LSU. Not NDSU and the Sam Austin Broncos or whoever they are playing.

Agreed, kind of like NCAA hockey is a lesser sport when compared to NCAA football, basketball, baseball, and wrestling.

Agree 100%, and I will say the same when (not If) UND wins a I-AA championship.

OMG! I agree with DaveK!

Yeah, I will say the same thing. Not a real D-I championship. I'm not saying it won't be a cool thing to happen, but not the same level as a legit D-I championship.

Wow, some people are naive and need to go back to the hockey forum.

I sure hope NDSU loses. But I hope the day that UND makes the FCS championship comes sooner rather than later. And I will consider it a real championship just like our DII championship was a real championship.

Go BearKats!

Also, why in the heck are they playing this game in a soccer stadium? A real D-I championship should be played in a real football stadium. Again, not a true D-I championship. Just a lower tier championship.

You know, just because you think something is true, doesn't make it fact. Facts are hard to dispute. I know it must be hard for you to comprehend fact, because you have struggled epically today. But the fact that NDSU and Sam Houston are both Division 1 schools playing for the Division 1 FCS National Championship is indisputable. What part of "Division 1" don't you get??

But hey, I guess you can say whatever you want and believe it. Maybe get out of your moms basement, go upstairs and ask her what she thinks? Maybe she agrees with you!! Would be the only one who does.

You know, just because you think something is true, doesn't make it fact. Facts are hard to dispute. I know it must be hard for you to comprehend fact, because you have struggled epically today. But the fact that NDSU and Sam Houston are both Division 1 schools playing for the Division 1 FCS National Championship is indisputable. What part of "Division 1" don't you get??

But hey, I guess you can say whatever you want and believe it. Maybe get out of your moms basement, go upstairs and ask her what she thinks? Maybe she agrees with you!! Would be the only one who does.

Actually, if you read the posts a lot of people agree with me. It is a championship. It'll be a good thing. But, to call it an honest to go top level D-I championship is just foolish. It is a lower tier championship.

Who is disputing that it is a DI FCS championship? :crazy:

I'm just saying it is not a top level D-I championship. It's sub-level. It's a lower tier. I don't believe it is a legit D-I championship due to the fact that there are so many FBS schools that play at a higher level. Why would I say that a team like this wins a D-I championship? It's foolish.

Agree 100%, and I will say the same when (not If) UND wins a I-AA championship.

If you want to be taken seriously, you need to get educated. 1-AA hasn't existed for at least 7 years now. It is called FCS now. If you want to sound like you know something about college football, you should ACTUALLY know some things about college football. The FBS and FCS, kind of a big thing in the sport.

If you want to be taken seriously, you need to get educated. 1-AA hasn't existed for at least 7 years now. It is called FCS now. If you want to sound like you know something about college football, you should ACTUALLY know some things about college football. The FBS and FCS, kind of a big thing in the sport.

This thread is already dumb enough. Why did you have to open this can of worms?

Go BearKats.

• Upvote 2

Again I come back to: Who is claiming that if NDSU wins on January 7th that they will be the best college football team in the country?

IMO NDSU will be the best college football team in the FCS (if they win). Plus it is a legitimate championship because there is a playoff. The FBS is so corrupt where only $$$ counts that there is NOT a legitimate champion. #1 vs #2...says who? A computer and a few coaches? Until there is a playoff on the FBS level....there is only 1 true champion in DI football and that is going to be either Sam Houston State or NDSU.