SiouxSports.com Forum

Go Sam Houston State

YAWNSON

Chances are great that the Bison team is going to be down in Texas thinking that they have already won with how people in Fargo are talking about them and anointing them. Over confident fans can sometimes unintentionally produce a complacent team that is already experiencing what it will feel like to win the game before they even do it. It will come down to the coaches to keep them hungry. My hope is that the great people of Fargo blow so much smoke up their players asses that they will be sitting nice and fat without having eaten their actual meal.

Go Bearkats

• Upvote 2

That's nothing more than p*n*s envy. It's something they'll never, ever have that we do have and it's like a festering ass boil that won't ever heal!

so if NDSU fans cheering against UND fans during the NCAA tournament is penis envy, what do you call all the UND fans, including those in this thread already, cheering against NDSU in this years playoffs? sounds like the same thing to me.

I'll admit to rooting for NDSU during thier playoff run and now trip to the championship game. When I was a student and marching band member at UND we were fortunate enough to be able to travel to and support our team as they played in 2 National championships. It was a great experience that I know not everyone gets to have. Those road trips are some of my favorite memories from undergrad.

I'm happy not only for the student/athelets who have worked hard to get to where they are, but also for their parents and the NDSU fans, students and alumni who will travel to the game. From experience I know they will have a great time playing in/attending the championship game win or lose. (Though it is more fun to win)

But most of all I'm rooting for UND to continue to build upon our tradition of excellence and hopeful that it won't be too long before we get to play in our first D1 national championship.

• Upvote 2

I don't have a dog in this fight.........North Dakota is not in it, a GWC team is not in it, a Big Sky team is not it, so honestly I don't really care who wins it. However I will say I think it would be a great story if SHSU won it, going undefeated for the whole season and coming from a conference that is viewed as inferior to the Big Sky, MVFC, and CAA which are the 3 leagues touted the most in FCS land.......................

I've watched a total of one NDSU game this season (Lehigh) and one Sam Houston game this season (Montana St.) and they both looked pretty dang good...............

I'd guess it will be a good game.............

People who constantly pay more attention to what their neighbors have and are doing seldom take the time to appreciate what they have themselves, and are never happy.

Rather than focusing on every little thing that NDSU is doing, be grateful that UND is finally in a real conference for all sports, is almost through the transition period, and as a bonus has an elite, profitable, and highly entertaining hockey program. And oh yeah, the school is pretty good academically too.

If you have a hard-on for NDSU and will never cheer for them in any sport under any circumstance for any reason...then don't. But don't come on here and run down people who are willing to support them when they play for a national championship, that's ignorant.

• Upvote 4

On the topic of Sioux fan/Bison fan...I just realized I'm sitting at work listening to the voice of Sioux football, who happens to be a bison grad, discussing bison football (as usual), on the radio network which broadcasts bison football.

Heard that too. "Someone needs to call in and tell us how the Bison lose this game."

Is there not someone within UND's umbrella that can call the football games?

• Upvote 1

<p>If I was a UND fan...I would not even consider cheering for NDSU. But...fortunately, I was raised in a good Pro-NDSU household.&nbsp; And I am a Bison fan. Never have/will cheer for UND. Gotta feel almost bad for Sam Houston State, no one gave them a chance other than their fans to get this far.&nbsp; Never have I ever witnessed a #1 team who gets more crap thrown at them than SHSU. I expect you all to sit in your living rooms in a few weeks, wearing orange and cheering for SHSU. That would be the right thing to do under the circumstances.

But you'll spend countless hours trolling UND sports sites? Methinks the lady doth protest to much. Admit it, you're secretly a closet case Sioux fan, we won't tell any of your cronies over at Bisonville.

• Upvote 2

Chances are great that the Bison team is going to be down in Texas thinking that they have already won with how people in Fargo are talking about them and anointing them. Over confident fans can sometimes unintentionally produce a complacent team that is already experiencing what it will feel like to win the game before they even do it. It will come down to the coaches to keep them hungry. My hope is that the great people of Fargo blow so much smoke up their players asses that they will be sitting nice and fat without having eaten their actual meal.

Go Bearkats

Me thinks that the great people of Grand Forks have blown a lot of smoke up the hockey teams asses and they have won several national titles. I think both fan bases (NDSU and SHSU) will definitely make it very obvious to their teams that they are proud of them and expect a championship to be brought home(several on both sides declare that their team has already won the title as well, Lakes, I know you are creeping on the thread. I am talking to you.). I'd imagine that the focus that both teams have is going to be incredible for the next couple of weeks regardless of the fans.

But you'll spend countless hours trolling UND sports sites? Methinks the lady doth protest to much. Admit it, you're secretly a closet case Sioux fan, we won't tell any of your cronies over at Bisonville.

Countless hours? Debatable. I do enjoy chit-chatting and reading other people's opinions on local sports teams.

*Should be a match up of strength against strength. NDSU's defense vs. Sam Houston's offense. Both have been stellar all season long. I wonder if Sam Houston truly will have some sort of "home field advantage".

* Shameless attempt to derail the discussion toward something that won't force me to close it...........

Nobody who is nearly as talented as Jack Michaels............

Don't much care. Has to be someone out there that doesn't have pandering to the NDSU faithful as their full-time gig. Then again, it's tough to find the Sioux on the radio where I live anyway.

As for SHSU v. NDSU, the Bison faced more competition last week in practice than they did in Saturday's game. With all the hype from Texas, I expect it to be pretty much the same result in the title tilt.

Don't much care. Has to be someone out there that doesn't have pandering to the NDSU faithful as their full-time gig.

I agree that that is irritating, but you have to consider that he works in the Fargo media market on the flagship station for NDSU. At the very least, his affiliation as UND's play-by-play guy causes him to at least mention UND a couple times a week on his show. When Dan Hammer held Michaels' position at the same radio station, he also pandered to the NDSU faithful, and at that time it was the flagship station for UND. I found that much more irritating. Jack Michaels is 10 times the play-by-play guy that Dan Hammer was. I'm thankful UND was able to work something out with him.

I agree that that is irritating, but you have to consider that he works in the Fargo media market on the flagship station for NDSU. At the very least, his affiliation as UND's play-by-play guy causes him to at least mention UND a couple times a week on his show. When Dan Hammer held Michaels' position at the same radio station, he also pandered to the NDSU faithful, and at that time it was the flagship station for UND. I found that much more irritating. Jack Michaels is 10 times the play-by-play guy that Dan Hammer was. I'm thankful UND was able to work something out with him.

Jack is great calling Sioux games. Unfortunately, he has other obligations that prevents him from being the ambassador the team needs. I mean really, is there any doubt that PA, or even Scott Miller, is actively promoting the Vikings/Bison athletics?

When Sam Houston St won, bought some game tickets in Frisco and am flipping them on Stub Hub. Figured Sam Houston probably has more alumni in Dallas than in Hunstville. If either Ga Southern or NDSU won, the game would easily sell out as small as that stadium is.

When the results aren't quite what you want, there's still always an opportunity. ;) There also some charities around that need the extra cash, especially at Christmas.

I will never in my life say go Bison (and if I did they would be the last words out of my mouth because I would swiftly find the nearest rafter and hang myself). I'm sick of my Bison fan friends constantly saying how much better they are at sports than UND. I DO NOT WANT THEM TO BE THE FIRST ND SCHOOL TO WIN A FCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

• Upvote 2

When Sam Houston St won, bought some game tickets in Frisco and am flipping them on Stub Hub. Figured Sam Houston probably has more alumni in Dallas than in Hunstville. If either Ga Southern or NDSU won, the game would easily sell out as small as that stadium is.

When the results aren't quite what you want, there's still always an opportunity. ;) There also some charities around that need the extra cash, especially at Christmas.

Haha...did you? That is funny. I lucked out and got 2 on NCAA website Sunday morning. Rest of my group had to use stubhub for 90 per ticket and now stubhub is in the 250+ range. Bison fans are in freak out mode regarding the ticket situation. I guess it's been awhile...

Haha...did you? That is funny. I lucked out and got 2 on NCAA website Sunday morning. Rest of my group had to use stubhub for 90 per ticket and now stubhub is in the 250+ range. Bison fans are in freak out mode regarding the ticket situation. I guess it's been awhile...

Had to laugh out loud when certain FCS fans say there will be tickets available. This is an entirely different situation than before, especially with the three week lead time. With three weeks in advance, most alumni have a chance to arrange travel and make plans. The previous one week notice for Chattanooga even made it difficult for local fans like Appalachian State to realign their schedules. That's the problem with playoffs - one week simply isn't enough time for travel. That's why bowls want at least three weeks: so people that can rearrange their work schedules and find travel options within their budget.

For Sam Houston St to be able to play in Dallas would be like NDSU playing a championship game in Minneapolis. Sam Houston St probably has a ticket demand of 25,000 - much higher than their average home game because this game is in many respect even more accessible and is the biggest game ever for Sam Houston St. NDSU's ticket demand is probably around 8000. With potentially 12,000 people left out considering there are only 21,000 seats - prices are going to go up.

If the game had been Montana / NDSU, there would have been some tickets available.

Had to laugh out loud when certain FCS fans say there will be tickets available. This is an entirely different situation than before, especially with the three week lead time. With three weeks in advance, most alumni have a chance to arrange travel and make plans. The previous one week notice for Chattanooga even made it difficult for local fans like Appalachian State to realign their schedules. That's the problem with playoffs - one week simply isn't enough time for travel. That's why bowls want at least three weeks: so people that can rearrange their work schedules and find travel options within their budget. For Sam Houston St to be able to play in Dallas would be like NDSU playing a championship game in Minneapolis. Sam Houston St probably has a ticket demand of 25,000 - much higher than their average home game because this game is in many respect even more accessible and is the biggest game ever for Sam Houston St. NDSU's ticket demand is probably around 8000. With potentially 12,000 people left out considering there are only 21,000 seats - prices are going to go up. If the game had been Montana / NDSU, there would have been some tickets available.
The head start Sam had with their Friday game didn't help bison fans either.

I will never in my life say go Bison (and if I did they would be the last words out of my mouth because I would swiftly find the nearest rafter and hang myself). I'm sick of my Bison fan friends constantly saying how much better they are at sports than UND. I DO NOT WANT THEM TO BE THE FIRST ND SCHOOL TO WIN A FCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Don't matter if the Bison win a FCS title....UND has already won the FIRST D1 title in state history 50+ years ago!

I am hoping that NDSU wins. It has nothing to do with NDSU but more that it sets a bar, a level, for UND to achieve. UND has won more games against NDSU than NDSU has against UND but it has performed better on the national stage. NDSU and UND are nature rivals and what one does, the other hopes to outdo. This can be seen in women's basketball and to a lessor extent, in football (NDSU won championships, UND won championships). So if NDSU does win, that is a goal for UND as well (it should be a goal even if NDSU doesn't win but it adds extra incentive)

Nobody who is nearly as talented as Jack Michaels............

I, for one, appreciate listening to Jack Michaels calling a game, be it football, baseball or whatever. It matters little to me whether or not he is an NDSU grad. Jack is as professional as one gets. Boyd Christenson, a UND grad, called Bison games for an extended period of time. Ed Schultz and Scott Miller have called games for both UND and NDSU. Even though I'm a Sioux fan, I'd rather see NDSU win this game instead of a Southern school (nothing personal against Sam Houston State, you understand). Since people are constantly getting UND and NDSU mixed up, it might well be that NDSU's success will accidentally rub off on UND's athletic programs as well.

• Upvote 1