SiouxSports.com Forum

Go Sam Houston State

YAWNSON

While I am a huge Sioux fan and always will be I for one will be pulling for the Bison and I'm not an arrogant fan thank you.

How can you be a Sioux fan and root for the Bison? That makes me sick!! That's like rooting for the gophers in the playoffs. What's the matter with you! We need everyone on the F*&$ the Bison Bandwagaon

While I am a huge Sioux fan and always will be I for one will be pulling for the Bison and I'm not an arrogant fan thank you.

I'm sorry, but you cannot say "I am a huge Sioux fan" and "I for one will be pulling for the Bison" and be cosidered a huge Sioux fan. Please clear out your desk and leave your Sioux fan ID badge at the door. You cannot be a true Sioux fan and cheer for the Bison. I don't want to hear all this "cheer for your state" and "state pride" BS. Even though we haven't played them in FB for 8 years (hopefully that will change in the future) they are still our rivals. In state rivals in fact. So while you may consider yourself a "Huge Sioux fan", if you cheer for the bison in the National Championship game, you deffinitely are not. don't believe me? Just wait and see how many people agree with me when you get blasted on this board!!

• Upvote 1

My guess is Sioux Rube's nephew chose NDSU over UND and is a future Bison QB who is neither a thug or a criminal. Sioux Rube is die hard puck fan of the Sioux, a season ticketholder, and a great dude.

Thanks JF. And if an uncle doesn't pull for his nephews regardless of what team he plays for then he he is not a true uncle.Go Bison.
  • Upvote 1

I'm sorry, but you cannot say "I am a huge Sioux fan" and "I for one will be pulling for the Bison" and be cosidered a huge Sioux fan. Please clear out your desk and leave your Sioux fan ID badge at the door. You cannot be a true Sioux fan and cheer for the Bison. I don't want to hear all this "cheer for your state" and "state pride" BS. Even though we haven't played them in FB for 8 years (hopefully that will change in the future) they are still our rivals. In state rivals in fact. So while you may consider yourself a "Huge Sioux fan", if you cheer for the bison in the National Championship game, you deffinitely are not. don't believe me? Just wait and see how many people agree with me when you get blasted on this board!!

Maybe you should hold on and hear the whole story before ya go off the deep end. Read my post above.

You can't honestly think you weren't going to blasted for posting that you are cheering for the Bison, did you? Why not just defuse it right off the bat by saying why you're cheering for them? There was nothing in your post that even implied there was a "whole story" so how could Siouxperfan have even known he should be waiting for more?

• Upvote 1

You can't honestly think you weren't going to blasted for posting that you are cheering for the Bison, did you? Why not just defuse it right off the bat by saying why you're cheering for them? There was nothing in your post that even implied there was a "whole story" so how could Siouxperfan have even known he should be waiting for more?

Because I get a kick out of how some folks take sport so frickin serious. It's a game played by kids at the college level. As far as me rooting for the gophers. Be a cold day in hell.

Because I get a kick out of how some folks take sport so frickin serious. It's a game played by kids at the college level. As far as me rooting for the gophers. Be a cold day in hell.

I can't say I disagree with you on that, but if you're posting certain things just to get a rise out of people and to see their reaction, that is the definition of a message board troll.

• Upvote 1

I can't say I disagree with you on that, but if you're posting certain things just to get a rise out of people and to see their reaction, that is the definition of a message board troll.

I'm far from a troll. Just having a little fun while I am home from work sick. We just all need to lighten up at times that's all. Carry on.

This thread is no different than the ones they start on Bisonville to cheer against the hockey team every year when the NCAA tournament comes around.

That's nothing more than p*n*s envy. It's something they'll never, ever have that we do have and it's like a festering ass boil that won't ever heal!

This is how most of the country views IAA and why Idaho will never drop down.

“I would rather go 0-11 (at the time) as a member of 1-A than be a member of 1-AA and win the national championship.”

Evidently, there are many other schools who feel the same way. Since 1983, there have been nearly 40 teams who have made their transition to the FBS. None of them have played for the National Championship in the BCS. There’s a good chance none of them ever will. Yet, they all want to be a part of football at the highest level.

One school, Wichita State moved from 1-A to 1-AA. Then they dropped football.

http://espn1420.com/...her-be-bowling/

• Upvote 1

I don't cheer for the Bison, but I've got no problem with them doing well. Not much satisfaction in catching up to them if that only gets you to the middle of the pack.

As far as I'm concerned, I hope they go undefeated and meet my favorite team in the FSC final every year.

<p>If I was a UND fan...I would not even consider cheering for NDSU. But...fortunately, I was raised in a good Pro-NDSU household.&nbsp; And I am a Bison fan. Never have/will cheer for UND. Gotta feel almost bad for Sam Houston State, no one gave them a chance other than their fans to get this far.&nbsp; Never have I ever witnessed a #1 team who gets more crap thrown at them than SHSU. I expect you all to sit in your living rooms in a few weeks, wearing orange and cheering for SHSU. That would be the right thing to do under the circumstances.