SiouxSports.com Forum

Duquense

NoDakSt

Duquesne kept themselves in the game for quite awhile with the 3 point shot. Not sure what sort of percentage they shot there but it had to have been high. I give our coaches all their due credit, but I still find myself questioning the decision to stay strictly in zone for most of the game except the final minute. The way to beat a zone defense is to be able to shoot the three, the Dukes proved it and yet we never adjusted and they kept getting open looks.

Still it was a great win and got pretty exciting there at the end. Loved what I saw from Buck all game long and she was definitely player of the game. I also like Charnay Mothershed against the press. She has great ball-handling skills and makes good decisions. Brianna Williams needs to watch and learn from the senior.

2011-12 A-10 Women's Basketball Predicted Order of Finish (First-Place Votes)

Team - Points

1. Dayton (7) - 189

Temple (7) - 189

3. Duquesne - 159

4. Charlotte - 141

5. Saint Joseph's - 129

6. St. Bonaventure - 125

7. Xavier - 119

8. Richmond - 112

9. George Washington - 73

10. Massachusetts - 70

11. La Salle - 65

12. Fordham - 42

13. Rhode Island - 31

14. Saint Louis - 26

Duquesne kept themselves in the game for quite awhile with the 3 point shot. Not sure what sort of percentage they shot there but it had to have been high. I give our coaches all their due credit, but I still find myself questioning the decision to stay strictly in zone for most of the game except the final minute. The way to beat a zone defense is to be able to shoot the three, the Dukes proved it and yet we never adjusted and they kept getting open looks.

Still it was a great win and got pretty exciting there at the end. Loved what I saw from Buck all game long and she was definitely player of the game. I also like Charnay Mothershed against the press. She has great ball-handling skills and makes good decisions. Brianna Williams needs to watch and learn from the senior.

In the first half, Duquense's shots seemed to rim out. In the second half, Duquense shot much better.

Great win for the team. Madi Buck has the potential to become a monster player for us. The reason I like her is not for the obvious of scoring which is great, but she will just out compete her opponent. That's awesome. About the zone. It was very effective in the first half. The numbers for this team coming in showed that except for one player they weren't a great 3 point shooting team. And in the 1st half they weren't- chalk a win up for the zone there. In the 2nd half they shot the 3 way better, the zone obviously was going to look worse. But I think the zone was necessary for this team. That Agunbiades, (sp?) was a phenomenal player. She really was fun to watch. Had we just manned up for a good portion of the game she would have just taken over from 15 feet and in from around the hoop. I really enjoyed watching her. With the zone we were able to help early on her defensively. Plus, by playing zone the whole game, it led up to the play of the game which is when we switched to man, it threw Duquense into dissarray- led to a turnover and the easy lay up that sealed the win. Great call by the staff on that one. This team is building, and I like it. Rothfusz and Lauck both had nice games hopefully they and the team can continue to build on it.

I think that NDSU will have big attendance this year. There seems to be more expectations this year. They do have a good team. More importantly there is no television on the game. That is huge. They are also not playing Thanksgiving weekend. That also is huge.

I think that NDSU will have big attendance this year. There seems to be more expectations this year. They do have a good team. More importantly there is no television on the game. That is huge. They are also not playing Thanksgiving weekend. That also is huge.

My mistake. This should be on the football site.

I know we have passed them in Volleyball but even though our women's basketball had a dip, I don;t think we were ever behind NDSU in women's basketball lately. The NDSU women's baskeball has been floundering for years.

The NDSU volleyball team is a very good team this year (rated in the 40's out of 330 teams or so, whereas UND is rated in the 50's). NDSU volleyball will lose their star (Jennifer Lopez .... of Dilworth ), so they probably fall quite a bit after this year.

NDSU fans have assumed that since their volleyball team lost to UND, NDSU isn't very good because UND must be horrible (both assumptions are way off).