SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Recruits 12-13 and beyond

the green team

Und got a verbal from Grace Sawatzke from Monticello, ranked number 15 in Minnesota per the publication I have linked above.

Two UND recruits in top 20 so far. Mostly Gopher, Marquette, Creighton, Iowa, Iowa St recruits, with two UND, one NDSU, and an SDSU in top 20. Mostly forwards in late teens left to sign.

I was able to see many of Brianna's games, from 8th thru 10th grade. I believe she started in 8th grade on varsity. Very smart and could create and dish or score if needed. She reminded me a lot of Crookston's Kamille Wahlin at the same level, like a coach on the floor. Kamille had a pretty nice career at Iowa. Brianna would look nice in UND green too!

Fergus is loaded with the younger Monke girl also a senior at about 6' 3" and very talented. Her older sister plays at Wisconsin Green Bay. I talked to some Fergus friends who said both Rasmusson and Monke have been getting looks from D1 schools.

[

Sounds like Rasmusson is going to NDSU to play volleyball.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

UND basketball commit Bailey Strand from Fergus Falls had 33 points last night to lead Fergus to another state tournament appearance. She should be a real good one. She can really score the ball as they say.

Strand scored 23 points today to lead Fergus Falls into the MN 3A semi finals. UND recruit Grace Sawatzke will be playing later today in another 3A quarter final.

Both players have a chance to contribute next year IMO. Strand averaged about 21.5 ppg this year, while Sawatzke averaged 16.5 ppg and over 4 assists per game. Both have over 2000 career points.

92,96 - I was about to post almost word-for-word the same post as yours. I agree - I think these two ladies can help us immediately. Especially Strand, FF doesn't have to rely on her for scoring as they are loaded - so averaging 20+ on that team is impressive! It appears Sawatzke is very talented as well!

I'm not sure whether this was previously posted or not, but another UND recruit, Josie Buckley, suffered a scary injury this season: http://www.leadertelegram.com/sports/prep_basketball/article_7983e872-775a-11e3-932f-001a4bcf887a.html

I know the article indicates that she still plans to play college basketball, but considering the severity and nature of the injury, I have to think her status may be in question.

Strand scored 22 points on 7-24 shooting and 8-8 from the line. However her team was eliminated by Marshall 52-51 in the Class 3A state semis. She plays one more time against Minneapolis Washburn on Saturday at Concordia St. Paul.

She looks legit, likes to take it to the rack and can hit the mid range jumper with ease. Very solid at the line. Marshall's press really bothered her in the 2nd half and she looked way off in the 2nd (only 1-12 from the field, but 8-8 from the line).

She will be a very good player and I expect her to be in the rotation next year.