SiouxSports.com Forum

Upload image to profile

bigskyvikes

Copy & paste don't work, there's not really a good cross-platform way to accept a pasted image in a web browser.

Uploading a local file or a providing the URL to an image on the net should, though.

PM me (hover over my name and click "send message") with the photobucket URL you're trying to use and I'll see if I can help.

• 2 months later...

Ok, for the 3,145 time, I have tried to put a photo in a topic, at my profile, etc...................... where is the function for this?

I go to my media, it is empty, with NO button to upload photos!

I got great Fighting Sioux presents for Christmas and wanted to put them on here to show them mounted in my garage, "man cave".

Why is this so difficult, or is it just me?

Don't tell me to do it the same way I did my profile picture, because I couldn't get that either and had to have an administrator get it from me on Photobucket, I want to know how to do this!

Ok, for the 3,145 time, I have tried to put a photo in a topic, at my profile, etc...................... where is the function for this?

I go to my media, it is empty, with NO button to upload photos!

Yeah, the "my media" is if you're trying to upload a photo to a thread. We generally don't actually allow uploads of photos to the forums -- when you see people embed photos in posts, they're usually linking to a photo that they've uploaded somewhere else (e.g. flickr, Facebook, Picasa, imgur, etc...)

To change your profile image, follow these steps:

• Black bar on top, in the upper right where it says your username, click your name, then "My Settings"
  • Of the tabs on the left, "Profile settings" should already be selected (but if not, click it)
  • Near the top of that tab is a section named "photo" with a button for "Change your photo..."
  • Once you click the button, you get the option to upload a custom photo, import a photo from a URL, use your facebook photo (if you've linked to your Facebook account), or use "gravatar" (which I understand to be some sort of cross-forum thingy).

I don't want to change my profile picture. I want to show three photos of my Christmas presents of Sioux stuff. Should I do photo bucket link?

Yep, photobucket would work. That's a service similar to those that I listed in the 1st paragraph.

You just need to get its URL (try to get the photo on a page of its own, either by clicking on it or by right-clicking and choosing "view image", then just copy that address from the url bar, it probably ends in .jpg), hit the little button that looks like a photo (on the 2nd row between the little button that looks like a chain link and the <> symbols), and paste the URL into the popup box that comes up.

You can also do it without the button by just typing [ img ] URL here [ /img ] (though without the spaces inside the brackets).