SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Sicatoka

Conference Realignments - Take 2

48 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

you could make the same/similar case for half the schools in the sun belt and mac...

None of those are close to being top 10 smallest in terms of enrollment. 

32 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

None of those are close to being top 10 smallest in terms of enrollment. 

meant the comparisons to encompass  the combo of enrollment, endowment, and athletic budgets.

Auggie endowment is garbage right now. Would move up to mediocre with another $100 million. This is in comparison to other Summit schools, not the good D1 schools. 

On April 7, 2018 at 11:27 PM, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

You are using my boat

Bison73 has it right. That ship has sailed.. As long as the current leaders are in control this is a situation that no longer can be changed. 

Only to be a fly on the wall. But not that it's hard to figure out. The big $ people in Fargo and Sioux Falls  want big time in there town. I don't have a problem with big dreams. I do with the process.

5 minutes ago, moser53 said:

Bison73 has it right. That ship has sailed.. As long as the current leaders are in control this is a situation that no longer can be changed. 

Only to be a fly on the wall. But not that it's hard to figure out. The big $ people in Fargo  want big time BIG 12 WRASSLIN' in there town. I don't have a problem with big dreams. I do with the process.

On 4/7/2018 at 8:55 PM, SiouxVolley said:

This is so incredibly anal and myopic that can’t believe there is someone gullible enough to post it.

The correct response by an Augie administrator even if they are serious is to deny.

The Augie President, a former Congresswoman, didn’t even deny DI is not in the cards.  She simply said Augie has not talked to the Summit, but boosters have.  There are several videos out by Morton and the President answering questions about DI.  If there is a booster offering a school $100 million to go DI, that changes a lot.

If Sanford does get Augie votes in the Summit, would suspect that he would start pulling money from the three schools.  SDSU would lose out on their arena remodel, USD would lose out on their Dome remodel, and NDSU would not get any Sanford  help with an IPF.

UND could get the HPC finished without naming rights if they play their cards right.

Sanford isn't paying for the Frost renovation. Where do you get this stuff? The reason people rip on you is that you sit at your computer and make things up, then post them as fact. T Denny cares about one thing and one thing only. His name being on buildings. He could give a rats butt about what SDSU does in regards to Augustana. 

As for Augie. I suggest you listen to the interviews again. She didn't deny D1, she didn't confirm it. In fact, when hounded about the subject she stated, more then once. They will look into again (they did so 12 years ago and found it did not work) and make a decision based on facts. She stated very clearly that they are happy at D2, and that a lot of their boosters like Augie being D2 because they can compete. Translation, "we sucked in the old NCC and if we move up we could very well suck again". Which would kill their athletic department. 

Stop trying to push your agenda on other schools and administrators. Stop playing games with words and stop pretending you have any idea what is going on. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/8/2018 at 2:09 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

meant the comparisons to encompass  the combo of enrollment, endowment, and athletic budgets.

The MAC and Sunbelt schools are public universities. All of whom receive funding from the state, all of whom are large enough to also draw from student fees. At least try to do some homework before posting. 

On 4/8/2018 at 4:48 PM, UNDBIZ said:

Auggie endowment is garbage right now. Would move up to mediocre with another $100 million. This is in comparison to other Summit schools, not the good D1 schools. 

And they are not going to get $100 million handed to them by Sanford. If they do the noise around state of South Dakota would be deafening. It would be a PR nightmare. My guess is they give them something to kick start a capital campaign that, from my understanding, includes a target of increasing the student body to 3,000 by 2030. 

1 hour ago, jacksfan29 said:

The MAC and Sunbelt schools are public universities. All of whom receive funding from the state, all of whom are large enough to also draw from student fees. At least try to do some homework before posting. 

once again meant comparison between schools in the mac and sun belt v the big 5 conferences...it aint even close yet they moved up...nothing is keeping augie from moving up to d1..not is class sizw, not its endowment, not it athletic budget...a 100 million plus donation from denny would even it out quite a bit bt the sodak BIG3

15 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

once again meant comparison between schools in the mac and sun belt v the big 5 conferences...it aint even close yet they moved up...nothing is keeping augie from moving up to d1..not is class sizw, not its endowment, not it athletic budget...a 100 million plus donation from denny would even it out quite a bit bt the sodak BIG3

Auggie isn't small and crappy compared to just the P5 and G5. It's small and crappy compared to the rest of the summit, the schools you're suggesting allow it to join them. Its enrollment is minuscule, it receives no state appropriation, and it doesn't have a legitimate endowment to make up for it. It has no business even being discussed as a potential summit member.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Auggie isn't small and crappy compared to just the P5 and G5. It's small and crappy compared to the rest of the summit, the schools you're suggesting allow it to join them. Its enrollment is minuscule, it receives no state appropriation, and it doesn't have a legitimate endowment to make up for it. It has no business even being discussed as a potential summit member.

Good points.But they probably could draw 6000 for a D1 Basketball game.

54 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Crappy? Dollars cure that. NDSU has had that tag by some for decades.Dollars cure that to.

5 hours ago, jacksfan29 said:

Sanford isn't paying for the Frost renovation. Where do you get this stuff? The reason people rip on you is that you sit at your computer and make things up, then post them as fact. T Denny cares about one thing and one thing only. His name being on buildings. He could give a rats butt about what SDSU does in regards to Augustana. 

As for Augie. I suggest you listen to the interviews again. She didn't deny D1, she didn't confirm it. In fact, when hounded about the subject she stated, more then once. They will look into again (they did so 12 years ago and found it did not work) and make a decision based on facts. She stated very clearly that they are happy at D2, and that a lot of their boosters like Augie being D2 because they can compete. Translation, "we sucked in the old NCC and if we move up we could very well suck again". Which would kill their athletic department. 

Stop trying to push your agenda on other schools and administrators. Stop playing games with words and stop pretending you have any idea what is going on. 

One of the bigger BSers on another board and you want to throw accusations around here.  You’ve said UND doesn’t deserve to be DI because it likes hockey too much, should be DII still and isn’t nigh falutin’ like the XDSUs.  You are nothing but a bison troll.

I asked on another board if SDSU and USD had part of their renovation projects finance by Sanford.   You didn’t respond.  No matter what, the loss of Sanford and companies donations and advertisements would hit the SD schools hard.  It would be a big blow to SDSU pride if Augie moved up.  You’re starting to make everyone here an Augie fan.  People can do want they want with their money.  Sanford would make hard core enemies with hard core SDSU fans by donating to Augie just as Engelstad is hated by the bison Nazis.

• Like 2

With UND winning football games at the Fargo Dome in the 90s they picked up the pace. Had SU won all the games in the 90s they would have still had the same plan. Distance themselves from UND get to  20000 in enrollmment and go FBS. When these guys meet in Fargo they look around at what's happening in FM they are confident in the fact that we can do this.

i'm sure Sioux Falls has that same group of guys that wants bigger better things in Sioux Falls. That group that makes most of the decisions there I wonder where they went to college. These guys have a plan. I think they would love D1 Basketball at Augustana.

12 hours ago, moser53 said:

With UND winning football games at the Fargo Dome in the 90s they picked up the pace. Had SU won all the games in the 90s they would have still had the same plan. Distance themselves from UND get to  20000 in enrollmment and go FBS. When these guys meet in Fargo they look around at what's happening in FM they are confident in the fact that we can do this.

i'm sure Sioux Falls has that same group of guys that wants bigger better things in Sioux Falls. That group that makes most of the decisions there I wonder where they went to college. These guys have a plan. I think they would love D1 Basketball at Augustana.

Maybe even more than one strong Good Old Boys Club plus a Philanthropist.

17 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

One of the bigger BSers on another board and you want to throw accusations around here.  You’ve said UND doesn’t deserve to be DI because it likes hockey too much, should be DII still and isn’t nigh falutin’ like the XDSUs.  You are nothing but a bison troll.

I asked on another board if SDSU and USD had part of their renovation projects finance by Sanford.   You didn’t respond.  No matter what, the loss of Sanford and companies donations and advertisements would hit the SD schools hard.  It would be a big blow to SDSU pride if Augie moved up.  You’re starting to make everyone here an Augie fan.  People can do want they want with their money.  Sanford would make hard core enemies with hard core SDSU fans by donating to Augie just as Engelstad is hated by the bison Nazis.

It's not just that though, Sanford would take a huge hit financially.  How is it going to look when Sanford throws $100 million plus dollars at, what will be viewed as, essentially, buying a university?  The people in South Dakota won't look to kindly upon that.  They especially won't look too kindly when they get their medical bill from Sanford.  People will make the straight line conclusion that they are getting gouged on healthcare costs so that it can be spent on a pet project.  Whether any of that is true or not that is how it will play out, and perception is reality.  Avera Hospitals will be right there waiting to pick up the estranged customers.  This has bad optics written all over it and that is another reason it should not happen.

2 hours ago, Yote 53 said:

It's not just that though, Sanford would take a huge hit financially.  How is it going to look when Sanford throws $100 million plus dollars at, what will be viewed as, essentially, buying a university?  The people in South Dakota won't look to kindly upon that.  They especially won't look too kindly when they get their medical bill from Sanford.  People will make the straight line conclusion that they are getting gouged on healthcare costs so that it can be spent on a pet project.  Whether any of that is true or not that is how it will play out, and perception is reality.  Avera Hospitals will be right there waiting to pick up the estranged customers.  This has bad optics written all over it and that is another reason it should not happen.

So insurance companies will not send folks to Sanford Health because they are miffed over Sanford donating part of his personal fortune to Augie?  More crazy tales from SDSU / USD backers who don't want it to happen.   Healthcare does not consist of exclusive consumer choices like you guys insist.  Both fan bases are panicking out of fear.

12 minutes ago, Yote 53 said:

Don't know how your insurance works but I have my choice of where I want to go, both of them are in my network. 

Bet you and other hardcore SD fans may try not to go to Sanford, but any Augie person would do the opposite.  It would not have any effect on Sanford Health’s business.   Next are you USD and SDSU fans going to boycott Sanford Center and the SLT?  That would be hilarious.  Boycott anything with Sanford in its name, like your new arena on campus.  He has given toward many projects in the state but you are singling out one that you hate so all his gifts should be hated?