SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Sicatoka

Conference Realignments - Take 2

7 minutes ago, cberkas said:

I thought Boise State did that to get in the Mountain West.

nope..the BE wanted a western division led by boise...didnt' work out and went back to MW with tails between their legs and they are more irrelevent than ever.

5 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

nope..the BE wanted a western division led by boise...didnt' work out and went back to MW with tails between their legs and they are more irrelevent than ever.

When WV and Rutgers left the Big East, the football contract value went way down.  Boise St and San Diego St, which would have had to pay the Big West routinely for membership, bought out their Big West and Big East fb only contracts and hightailed it back to the MWC

On 12/17/2017 at 7:37 PM, SiouxVolley said:

When WV and Rutgers left the Big East, the football contract value went way down.  Boise St and San Diego St, which would have had to pay the Big West routinely for membership, bought out their Big West and Big East fb only contracts and hightailed it back to the MWC

The MW could strengthen itself by re-adding BYU, but there’s a lot of BYU hate and no ones in a hurry on either side of that one.

55 minutes ago, Herd said:

The MW could strengthen itself by re-adding BYU, but there’s a lot of BYU hate and no ones in a hurry on either side of that one.

I think they see themselves as more Pac-12 material.   

So the Western Illinois head football coach bails to be not a coordinator and not the QB coach but the WR coach at ASU? 

Better to be fourth mate at ASU than captain of that ship?

Let the conspiracy theories fly. 

24 minutes ago, Shawn-O said:

I think they see themselves as more Pac-12 material.   

And they have no shot;  living in Indy land has been a slow death at BYU.

16 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

So the Western Illinois head football coach bails to be not a coordinator and not the QB coach but the WR coach at ASU? 

Better to be fourth mate at ASU than captain of that ship?

Let the conspiracy theories fly. 

An extra $150,000 per year is nice. 

On 12/17/2017 at 1:49 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

didnt they try this with boise state football to move the BE more west and it failed....spokane is really far west.

I believe the big east pretty much collapsed, or was about to lose their BCS autobid.

2 hours ago, bison73 said:

And has his foot in the FBS door and a FBS school on his resume.

two ways of looking at it...he could do what a guy like jim tressel did and build something with yourself leading or take a shot at herm edwards actually doing something other than being condescending during his press conferences.

3 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

The Idaho board reports their AD is saying the Big Sky and WAC will exchange teams .

That would be required if Summit Football League forms with the Montana's and Idaho and a new WAC FBS emerges

Sorry Volley, but even me this time feels obliged to say "link please". 

On 12/23/2017 at 6:51 PM, The Sicatoka said:

Sorry Volley, but even me this time feels obliged to say "link please". 

Don't hold your breath...

The only talk I saw of any conference stuff was some comments about setting up divisions in the Big Sky for football and playing a championship game. The problem with the theory is they completely forgot to include a team and you can't play a conference championship game in FCS if you want to be eligible for the playoffs. So I'd take any "reports" with a huge grain of salt.

• Upvote 2

Im waiting for the FCS and FBS divisions in the BSC.  Or the NCAA changing the rules for UND. Dont know which one is better. Of course there is so many its really difficult to pick a favorite.

Chris King 

@UTRGV_AD
Follow Follow @UTRGV_AD
More

Chris King Retweeted spartypants

You do realize it is Christmas Day?!?! The Sky is not falling, the WAC is not crumbling and there is no merger talks.....

Chris King added,

spartypants @WACspartypants
@UTRGV_AD any truth to the claim that Idaho AD says wac and big sky discussing merger?
7:52 AM - 25 Dec 2017

Like an AD has absolute certainty that there are no WAC / Big Sky merger talks.   Never said they would merge.

3 hours ago, jdub27 said:

So some random person on Twitter asks the Grand Canyon and UT-Rio Grand Valley AD's if there is any merger talks with zero sourcing and somehow that's the Idaho board reporting the AD is saying that? Unless you have more sources (like the actual link where someone "reported" it), the mental gymnastics to get from A to B on this one is even impressive than normal.

Hold on. You're saying spartypants is not a reliable, verifiable source???

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Western Illinois' fb coach has once again left for greener pastures.  News conference tommorow.  W Illinois will have to move to the OVC soon is my speculation

All sports or just FB?