SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Sicatoka

Conference Realignments - Take 2

bison73   
5 hours ago, zonadub said:

Instead of attempting to derail the conversation, why don't you contribute to it? 

What does the Summit do to stabilize in your view Bison73?

I dont know. But one has to think that the Summit is unstable to come up with a answer.  To me its not a concern.

jdub27   
18 minutes ago, bison73 said:

I dont know. But one has to think that the Summit is unstable to come up with a answer.  To me its not a concern.

Are your serious? They are at the minimum at both sports required to keep their autobids and IPFW, who has sponsors both, is now out on an island. The Summit has truly never been stable. They currently have a good core, but not the numbers in sports where it matters due to not sponsoring football. Either you aren't paying attention or really only care about football. 

bison73   
1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

Are your serious? They are at the minimum at both sports required to keep their autobids and IPFW, who has sponsors both, is now out on an island. The Summit has truly never been stable. They currently have a good core, but not the numbers in sports where it matters due to not sponsoring football. Either you aren't paying attention or really only care about football. 

Honestly you guys seem to be more worried about it than we are.   Just because I dont get my panties in a bunch doesnt mean Im not following  whats been going on.  I just dont have a fever over it.  It will be interesting on how it all plays out.

zonadub   
2 hours ago, bison73 said:

So, you think NDSU will be the next to leave the Summit?

bison73   
2 minutes ago, zonadub said:

So, you think NDSU will be the next to leave the Summit?

I think any team could leave with the right offer. Do I think NDSU is actively looking to leave? No

jdub27   
1 hour ago, bison73 said:

Honestly you guys seem to be more worried about it than we are.   Just because I dont get my panties in a bunch doesnt mean Im not following  whats been going on.  I just dont have a fever over it.  It will be interesting on how it all plays out.

It actually seems strange that three isn't more concern. It's a legit concern. For whatever reason either fans are either unaware or have blind faith in Douple. I'm not sure which is worse. 

• Upvote 2

An article on Morehead St being concerned with being the last Kentucky school left a in the OVC.

Sounds like Murray ST will soon be gone to the MVC.   Some mb chatter about ORU joining too.

And the Horizon still wants 12 too, meaning IPFW is likely gone.

EKU badly wants FBS and is enlarging and modernizing their venues as if a bid is coming.

Grand Forks has a lot more going on than Richmond, KY, where Lexington is just 30 miles away.

http://www.kentucky.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mark-story/article165685517.html

If IPFW and ORU are gone, the Summit has to attract two new schools with both baseball and mens soccer, or add men's football with Western teams.

There are some interesting message board polling out there.  An Indiana St MVC fan polled NDSU, SDSU, and Oral Roberts if they want one of the two coming slots.  NDSU and ORU fans voted overwhelming to leave, while SDSU fans voted overwhelming to stay, as they don't want to lose home court advantage in the SLT.  

Of course, the Horizon League is talking at least 12 too, but SDSU fans think the Summit is entirely safe because everyone is so happy with Sioux Falls. IPFW has its car ready and ORU will leave as soon as it's asked.

bison73   
9 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

a pic of a revolving door would be more appropriate.

Yeah and you guys are the model of stability.:lol:

bison73   
1 hour ago, zonadub said:

Compared to the Summit as a whole?

Absolutely!

Spending only 5 years in your last conference and jumping to another to save money doesnt scream stability. Just saying.

jdub27   
20 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Spending only 5 years in your last conference and jumping to another to save money doesnt scream stability. Just saying.

How many members did the Summit lose and gain during that same time frame?

Lost
Oral Roberts
IUPUI
Oakland
UMKC
SUU

Gained
Oral Roberts
Omaha
Denver

That excludes Centenary (lost) and USD (gained) which occurred in 2011.

Gothmog   

Don't throw stones:

UND's conference affiliation since 2008 (IIRC)

IN:
Great West
Big Sky
NCHC
WAC (Affiliate)
Summit (2018)
MVFC (2019)

OUT:
NCC
Great West
WCHA
WAC (Affiliate)
Big Sky (2018)

• Downvote 1

UNDBIZ   
5 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

Don't throw stones:

IN:
Great West
Big Sky
NCHC
WAC (Affiliate)
Summit (2018)
MVFC (2019)

OUT:
NCC - D2
Great West- IMPLODED
WCHA - IMPLODED
WAC (Affiliate)
Big Sky (2018)

So we're leaving one legitimate conference. 

source.gif

10 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

Don't throw stones:

IN:
Great West
Big Sky
NCHC

Big Ten (Affiliate)
WAC (Affiliate)
Summit (2018)
MVFC (2019)

OUT:
NCC
Great West
WCHA