SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Realignments - Take 2

The Sicatoka

On 7/3/2017 at 8:57 PM, SiouxVolley said:

The UC Davis and Cal Poly would never chose a Summit Football League affiliation unless the Big Sky kicked them out.

The Big Sky teams often  depend on California for recruiting.  Why would they be kicked out?

Another thing to note is that California has a travel ban towards South Dakota meaning all state travel funding from Cali to South Dakota is not allowed. Will it be followed? I don't know. 

http://www.keloland.com/news/article/politics/south-dakota-lawmakers-governor-respond-to-california-travel-ban

48 minutes ago, SanDakotaState said:

Another thing to note is that California has a travel ban towards South Dakota meaning all state travel funding from Cali to South Dakota is not allowed. Will it be followed? I don't know. 

http://www.keloland.com/news/article/politics/south-dakota-lawmakers-governor-respond-to-california-travel-ban

So Poly is out of luck if they have to travel to Verm or Brookings for a playoff game

On 7/4/2017 at 4:24 PM, MJG said:

Realignment happens one move at a time IUPUI leaves now it's the next move. Northern Colorado works for really everyone and doesn't hold back any future moves.Ideally a conference with six good travel partners that bring something to the table is ideal. UNC-Denver, Dakota four, Montana's, EWU-Idaho, UNO-Northern Iowa. Northern Iowa would have to be the last pick up as this conference would be superior to the MVC.

Would UNC seriously consider a move to the Summit, or is that wishful thinking?  They'd need a football invite too.

If they came over, that would be great IMO. If they don't completely move, could their baseball be louered into the Summit?

2 hours ago, Herd said:

Would UNC seriously consider a move to the Summit, or is that wishful thinking?  They'd need a football invite too.

If they came over, that would be great IMO. If they don't completely move, could their baseball be louered into the Summit?

I truthfully would take them over UMKC

If you ask the people over on eGriz, they would gladly want the Summit to take them off of their hands :lol:

UND and Northern Colorado are BSC travel partners.

Now UNC is the odd school out with no travel partner . They are not close to anyone except Denver. The Big Sky could save money with one less share and less travel. I think allowing UNC football only in the BSC is possible. Use IUPUI'S exit fees to cover the fees for UNC. 

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

The rumor is Pew-Uew Fecal Waste wants  off the Summit Express too!

Should we beg PU-FW to stay once they get their new name?

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that IPFW is gone.  Just a matter of 1 day or 1 years, but they gone.

1 hour ago, Herd said:

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that IPFW is gone.  Just a matter of 1 day or 1 years, but they gone.

Your fellow troll 56bison73 always pew-pewed me because he disagreed with my assertion that the Summit was not stable.

Guess he was just a dim-whitted blowhard as you say.

On 7/10/2017 at 8:57 PM, SiouxVolley said:

Your fellow troll 56bison73 always pew-pewed me because he disagreed with my assertion that the Summit was not stable.

Guess he was just a dim-whitted blowhard as you say.

Hows that move to FBS working out for you? Oh wait the NCAA didnt make those special rules for you that you said they would. Ahhhhh wait the board has already had to read the thousands of prediction you made--- I wont make them read them again.  But you are funny. You have also predicted every possible combination imaginable on team movement and conference affiliations etc etc etc etc and when one of those actually does something you claim victory?????????????  :lol::lol::lol::lol:

35 minutes ago, bison73 said:

Hows that move to FBS working out for you? Oh wait the NCAA didnt make those special rules for you that you said they would. Ahhhhh wait the board has already had to read the thousands of prediction you made--- I wont make them read them again.  But you are funny. You have also predicted every possible combination imaginable on team movement and conference affiliations etc etc etc etc and when one of those actually does something you claim victory?????????????  :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Drew the troll out of retirement.  Shame on me.  These trolls think everything happen instantaneously.  The only thing that will happen in the near term is the further abandonment of the Slummit, which you consistently assured us wouldn't happen.  :xmas:

What a great and well researched article!

3 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Doesn't appear Augie, the one DII to express interest, is getting a bite from the Summit:

http://www.argusleader.com/story/sports/college/augustana-university/2017/07/13/augie-summit-dont-hold-your-breath/473114001/

So at least one existing DI will likely come over

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

Drew the troll out of retirement.  Shame on me.  These trolls think everything happen instantaneously.  The only thing that will happen in the near term is the further abandonment of the Slummit, which you consistently assured us wouldn't happen.  :xmas:

You are now lying again. I never assured you of anything.  Teams leave. The Summit will be fine.  Like the Big Sky. Are you saying the BSC is unstable also?

If things dont happen instantaneously why were you predicting all of those FBS predictions to happen this spring? You know with all of the favores you said the NCAA owed you?

(that was a knee slapper)

OBTW--If the Summit is so bad why are you joining it? :lol:

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, bison73 said:

OBTW--If the Summit is so bad why are you joining it? :lol:

Kennedy is planning a demo and remodel, and the Slummit will be a true Summit when we get in.

Research and academics matter.  IUPUI wasn't wanted according to your bisonvile pals, but the Horizon Presidents sure wanted their academics.

http://www.midmajormadness.com/2017/7/12/15960170/

That's why Big Sky Presidents of academic and research universities want a better league that they can do business with in things other than athletics.  College presidents and athletics conferences have more exclusive dynamics than wealthy country clubs.

51 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Hey Anderson, pass the soda and popcorn would ya, and can somebody get me a chair!

giphy.gif

When IPFW and Robert Morris get invited to the Horizon soon, as RMU needs time to get its lax and fb straightened out, crap is really going to hit the fan.  Idaho's President is waiting to place demands on a Summit football conference of all research schools.

13 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

When IPFW and Robert Morris get invited to the Horizon soon, as RMU needs time to get its lax and fb straightened out, crap is really going to hit the fan.  Idaho's President is waiting to place demands on a Summit football conference of all research schools.

I do think it when not if for IPFW or whatever they want to be called now.  What the Summit does after that.... who knows. 

Won't lie, Idaho and the Montanas would be a dream...

On 7/3/2017 at 8:54 PM, SiouxVolley said:

This coming year has been carefully planned out for a decade.  Dropping baseball had everything to do with taking over the Summit with new football teams, but admittedly I don't have proof.

You lost me there, unless carefully planned out = reactive for a decade.  UND was late to the party in both moving to D1 and cost of attendance to name a couple things.  Now UND is going to lead the best of the Summit/MVFC and Big Sky to FBS?

Why FBS?  In your vision, will the new Summit have 85 scholarships and COA?  I find it hard to believe that the Big Sky schools in your scenario, which are not even offering COA, can now afford 85 scholarships and COA.  Any chance your new Summit League would stay FCS and 63 scholarships?

I am glad UND is coming to the Summit as the Dakota four offer a strong base.  I believe the Summit is more stable than many believe.  I don't think UNO is going anywhere with budget issues and UND/Denver now in the league.  Don't think the Horizon offers much to UNO.  UNC would provide more value to the Summit than UMKC with baseball and football.  UMKC would be a warm body.  Would like to see the Summit go on the offensive and poach from another conference for a change.

1 minute ago, BisonCardinal said:

You lost me there, unless carefully planned out = reactive for a decade.  UND was late to the party in both moving to D1 and cost of attendance to name a couple things.  Now UND is going to lead the best of the Summit/MVFC and Big Sky to FBS?

Why FBS?  In your vision, will the new Summit have 85 scholarships and COA?  I find it hard to believe that the Big Sky schools in your scenario, which are not even offering COA, can now afford 85 scholarships and COA.  Any chance your new Summit League would stay FCS and 63 scholarships?

I am glad UND is coming to the Summit as the Dakota four offer a strong base.  I believe the Summit is more stable than many believe.  I don't think UNO is going anywhere with budget issues and UND/Denver now in the league.  Don't think the Horizon offers much to UNO.  UNC would provide more value to the Summit than UMKC with baseball and football.  UMKC would be a warm body.  Would like to see the Summit go on the offensive for a change and poach from another conference for a change.

Late to the party with FCOA?   :blink:

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, UND-1 said:

Late to the party with FCOA?   :blink:

Well you did offer only a couple of sports FCOA with the statement " I believe--we will see what happens".  Then NDSU offered FCOA to All of our athletes and full funding to all of our sports at which time UND announced the same except all of your sports arent fully funded.