SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Sicatoka

Conference Realignments - Take 2

26 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/may/12/ewu-initiates-process-to-examine-fundraising-prosp/

So why is EWU so concerned about keeping up with the Montanas in the facilities race if everything will stay status quo, as numerous trolls and posters have said?  But in the very slight chance that those schools are moving to the Slummit and FBS, then is a very big deal for EWU.  EWU has been fundraising for some time for an alternative stadium or bigger Roos, but just hasn't made headway.

Everyone is always fundraising, and their stadium sucks.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, nodak651 said:

Everyone is always fundraising, and their stadium sucks.  

No one takes 125 k from what they have already raised to expedite fundraising.  That is a risk and a waste if it doesn't work.  EWU believes the situation is so urgent that they outsourced for big bucks some one else.  No one here has given a satisfactory explanation if my theory is wrong.

Why can't EWU just pretend that things will always stay as there are?  A.  Because they know it won't.

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

No one takes 125 k from what they have already raised to expedite fundraising.  That is a risk and a waste if it doesn't work.  EWU believes the situation is so urgent that they outsourced for big bucks some one else.  No one here has given a satisfactory explanation if my theory is wrong.

Why can't EWU just pretend that things will always stay as there are?  A.  Because they know it won't.

I just did.  Their facilities lag behind what others in their CURRENT conference already have.  

“How are we going to compete with Idaho with facilities like this?” asked one coach, pointing to the high-schoolish visiting-side bleachers.  Five years ago, Eastern announced plans for the Gateway Project, a multi-use facility that failed to get off the ground for lack of donors.  Four years later, Cullinan gave athletic director Bill Chaves an open-ended directive to “explore options” regarding improvements to Roos Field.

They failed with their last fundraising effort, so they are going to set sights a little bit lower and do what they can to improve their high school football field.  

Your obsession with trying to predict the next FBS moves has really hampered any semblance of reason that you may have ever had.

They are enlisting the help of the Phoenix Philanthropy Group because they have already shown that they have little ability to fund raise or plan without help.

4 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

I just did.  Their facilities lag behind what others in their CURRENT conference already have.  

They failed with their last fundraising effort, so they are going to set sights a little bit lower and do what they can to improve their high school football field.  

Your obsession with trying to predict the next FBS moves has really hampered any semblance of reason that you may have ever had.

They are enlisting the help of the Phoenix Philanthropy Group because they have already shown that they have little ability to fund raise or plan without help. 

No, no, no. Sioux Volley clearly knows that any fundraising must be for a future conference. Why did Ralph build a new arena?  For the NCHC. Why did GF build the Alerus?  Because it knew about FBS before it knew about the Summit before it knew about the BigSky before it knew anyone was going  D1.  Why did NDSU take a dozen years to finish the BSA upgrade?  Because that facility would have been a waste in the Summit... But in a new conference it would be top notch!!

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, southpaw said:

No, no, no. Sioux Volley clearly knows that any fundraising must be for a future conference. Why did Ralph build a new arena?  For the NCHC. Why did GF build the Alerus?  Because it knew about FBS before it knew about the Summit before it knew about the BigSky before it knew anyone was going  D1.  Why did NDSU take a dozen years to finish the BSA upgrade?  Because that facility would have been a waste in the Summit... But in a new conference it would be top notch!!

Engelstad said himself that building a new arena would ensure the UND would keep pace with the Pig Ten schools like Minnie and Sconnie.  A big failure again from you.

• Downvote 1

20 hours ago, nodak651 said:

The Big Sky doesn't have minimum requirements or EWU would be kicked out.

2 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

The Big Sky doesn't have minimum requirements or EWU would be kicked out.

Did you quote the wrong person?  That has nothing to do with what I said.  

• Upvote 1

On 5/17/2017 at 9:44 PM, SiouxVolley said:

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/may/12/ewu-initiates-process-to-examine-fundraising-prosp/

So why is EWU so concerned about keeping up with the Montanas in the facilities race if everything will stay status quo, as numerous trolls and posters have said?  But in the very slight chance that those schools are moving to the Slummit and FBS, then is a very big deal for EWU.  EWU has been fundraising for some time for an alternative stadium or bigger Roos, but just hasn't made headway.

Why do you continue to use Summit and FBS in the same sentence?  If a move up would occur for football for NDSU, it would involve some new term, not FBS, and it would be something other than the Summit.  You are lost in the Forrest.

15 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Engelstad said himself that building a new arena would ensure the UND would keep pace with the Pig Ten schools like Minnie and Sconnie.  A big failure again from you.

So Ralph built the arena so they could compete with the teams that were in their conference?  You know, just like EWU is trying to do.

4 minutes ago, southpaw said:

So Ralph built the arena so they could compete with the teams that were in their conference?  You know, just like EWU is trying to do.

Second hand (through Ralph's relatives) so take it for what it's worth:

Ralph and Strinden (et al) saw B1G Hockey coming even back in 2000-ish. They knew the only way to keep up, or complete, or maybe get an affiliate sniff if they were to ever consider that (and remember the B1G had never done affiliates back in that era), was to have a competitive arena to 'ucci or the 'ohl. 

On 5/17/2017 at 9:44 PM, SiouxVolley said:

That's not keeping up. That's trying to get a facility that's actually FCS quality. 

all this "big North" conference stuff...i hope ewu isn't included in it at all..i would take portland and or sac town over them

9 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

all this "big North" conference stuff...i hope ewu isn't included in it at all..i would take portland and or sac town over them

Uhh no.   Those two schools are marginal at best.  Commuter colleges with very little following.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

Uhh no.   Those two schools are marginal at best.  Commuter colleges with very little following.

portland..

much bigger city

way better fb stadium

more students

way bigger endowment

way better logo too

ill take portland over ewu any day.

4 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

portland..

much bigger city

way better fb stadium

more students

way bigger endowment

way better logo too

ill take portland over ewu any day.

If this is part of the criteria, we'll never get in. 

• Upvote 4

Carr Sports was in Bozeman in May reviewing Mont State's facilities, and writing a strategic report on what Montana State needs to do, like building an attached IPF to their stadium so its can be co-used as a warming house and hospitality area during games and reworking some grandstands.  Coincidentally, Carr Sports has advised many of the recent FCS to FBS moveups on how to strategically prepare. They are often used when schools move up a notch.  Troy, Texas St and UTSA used their advise on their FBS moves.

Carr Sports' website lists NDSU, SDSU and UND as being recent clients.

6 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Yes...for the D2 to D1 moves. 

Or are you implying that they are recent clients for a FCS to FBS move?

7 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

I would love to see where it says recent clients on their website. 

20 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Carr Sports was in Bozeman in May reviewing Mont State's facilities, and writing a strategic report on what Montana State needs to do, like building an attached IPF to their stadium so its can be co-used as a warming house and hospitality area during games and reworking some grandstands.  Coincidentally, Carr Sports has advised many of the recent FCS to FBS moveups on how to strategically prepare. They are often used when schools move up a notch.  Troy, Texas St and UTSA used their advise on their FBS moves.

For this post, Planet Earth has declared you winner of the fishing derby.

Some fans that will be forever clueless.  Look up Carr Sports.  No school says they will be moving up before they contact Carr but everyone announces major new reclassification plans soon after they have consulted with them.  Thats exactly what happened with Carr Sports and UND the last time. There were fans here that lambasted UND's leadership at the time when I said UND would go DI years before they went.  After Carr visited, it was a matter of months before the announcement.  Even UAB dropped fb as a result of meeting with Carr, and then had a quick meeting to clean up the mess UAB's President left.  It's all very confidential business meetings and report writing.  But somehow things always happen after Carr meets with athletics departments.

5 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Some fans that will be forever clueless.  Look up Carr Sports.  No school says they will be moving up before they contact Carr but everyone announces major new reclassification plans soon after they have consulted with them.  Thats exactly what happened with Carr Sports and UND the last time. There were fans here that lambasted UND's leadership at the time when I said UND would go DI years before they went.  After Carr visited, it was a matter of months before the announcement.  Even UAB dropped fb as a result of meeting with Carr, and then had a quick meeting to clean up the mess UAB's President left.  It's all very confidential business meetings and report writing.  But somehow things always happen after Carr meets with athletics departments.

You're special.  

6 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

...everyone announces major new reclassification plans soon after they have consulted with them.  

Clemsen had Carr come in in 2009. Why didn't they make some big move?

Perhaps because Carr does significantly more than just analyze move up possibilities?  

Your fantasies continue to be proven false. I'm glad I don't have the "vision" you have. I couldn't handle being that wrong all the time. 

23 hours ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

Yes...for the D2 to D1 moves. 

Or are you implying that they are recent clients for a FCS to FBS move?

@SiouxVolley, can you answer this question for me regarding your comment on Carr Sports? Just want to be sure I'm understanding correctly.

Recent clients for a FBS move for all 3 schools you mentioned?

Someone posted this map over at http://csnbbs.com/thread-818307.html

n56y8.jpg

Really gives some perspective on the great divide between east and west.  I still say, if Douple is wise, he will be thinking about getting UNC and starting Summit football.  It would protect the autobids and solidify the conference.  I also believe that UNI would jump ship at some point and join the Summit.  It would not happen for a while, due to the money and perceived strength in the MVC, but they will come.

UNC gets beat up on a lot of the forums for under performing since transitioning to Division I.  Maybe what they need is to get back with their old NCC buddies.  While Greeley is often put down, it is a growing metro with potential.  I am in construction and do projects with Hensel Phelps, one of the larger general contractors in the country, and they are based in Greeley.

• Upvote 1