SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Realignments - Take 2

The Sicatoka

On 4/29/2017 at 9:15 AM, southpaw said:

Weird that this was "prepared years ago" and yet you're just getting wind of it now.  Was it as prepared as your UND to the WAC?  Or was that preparation different?  

Just trying to keep track of all of your predictions.

Does that surprise you? IIRC, SiouxVolley knew nothing about the WAC's supposed magic wand ability to create FBS schools until it was discussed publicly in Idaho's athletics study. Then he jumped on it as if it had been part of his predictions all along.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I swiped this from the Jackrabbit board but say Valpo/UWM/Murray all go, would the Summit go for UW-Green Bay?

As long as Ill-Chi is still there, the Horizon will be a bus league for Green Bay.  The IP schools going to the Horizon would just make it better for the Phoenix.

Wisconsin doesn't want anything but a bus league for their DI schools outside the B1G that must have public money allocated. That eliminates any movement except to the MVC.

4 hours ago, Gothmog said:

Does that surprise you? IIRC, SiouxVolley knew nothing about the WAC's supposed magic wand ability to create FBS schools until it was discussed publicly in Idaho's athletics study. Then he jumped on it as if it had been part of his predictions all along.

Went on many boards with my scenarios of the WAC and CAA going FBS.  They all accused me of lunacy and said the WAC now can't invite FCS schools to FBS and the NCAA would never allow waivers for an FBS transition.  They were all wrong and I have yet to be enlightened by your postings, as their a bunch of B.S.

There is a reason that James Madison has rejected the Sun Belt and that is because the NCAA will give a waiver to the CAA eventually to move to FBS.  The CAA just needs to get eight teams ready with facilities and that takes time.  JMU would rather associate with CAA academics than the academic dregs in the the Belt.

I just can't help but chuckle at how Gene Taylor thought he could get NDSU in the MVC by remodeling the BSA.  It turned out second rate center and it still didn't get them even an MVC visit after $40 some million.  Now NDSU has fallen behind on fb facilities in their quest for the MVC.  

39 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

I just can't help but chuckle at how Gene Taylor thought he could get NDSU in the MVC by remodeling the BSA.  It turned out second rate center and it still didn't get them even an MVC visit after $40 some million.  Now NDSU has fallen behind on fb facilities in their quest for the MVC.  

The new arena had nothing to do with impressing the MVC. It was something that had to get done, the BSA was one of the 10 worst facilities in the nation. The coaches were embarrassed to even show it to recruits. Since the school can't bond because the state is run by idiots with zero vision, it is hard to build anything that is ambitious or best meets the needs of the school without the city or a donor like Ralph. 

The only facility FB lacks is an IPF, that can be built and is probably next on the facility agenda. The bubble meets that need for the time being and it was a pretty good temporary solution while more pressing issues were addressed. 

42 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

You still havent provided proof that NDSU was looking to the MVC and wanted to make that move.  Whats even more interesting is in all of my conversations with GT he never once mentioned it. But you say other wise. You are again just making stuff up.

3 hours ago, bison73 said:

You still havent provided proof that NDSU was looking to the MVC and wanted to make that move.  Whats even more interesting is in all of my conversations with GT he never once mentioned it. But you say other wise. You are again just making stuff up.

So show proof that Murray St, UW-Milwaukee, and Omaha were lusting for the MVC last year or years ago.  You can't because they don't openly talk about it, as it makes their current conference less stable, but that's obviously beyond the scope of your narrow and uncurious mind.  Guess NDSU is a very unaspirational school according to you.

38 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

So show proof that Murray St, UW-Milwaukee, and Omaha were lusting for the MVC last year or years ago.  You can't because they don't openly talk about it, as it makes their current conference less stable, but that's obviously beyond the scope of your narrow and uncurious mind.  Guess NDSU is a very unaspirational school according to you.

Why should I show proof??? I never said anything in regard to any of those schools.

You just lied to fit your usual troll narrative. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

Sounds like Valpo and Murray St will be announced next Monday to the MVC, which might not go to 12 til later.  Maybe the Horizon goes to 11 or 12 too, and take both the IP's off our hands.  

maybe the horizon sees the value/growth in st cloud and mankato!!!

On Sunday, April 30, 2017 at 7:38 PM, SiouxVolley said:

There is a reason that James Madison has rejected the Sun Belt and that is because the NCAA will give a waiver to the CAA eventually to move to FBS.  The CAA just needs to get eight teams ready with facilities and that takes time.  JMU would rather associate with CAA academics than the academic dregs in the the Belt.

That's a bit of an understatement there. If a school is ready to make the jump then they should. Waiting for 7 other schools to upgrade their facilities so the whole conference can move up could take decades.

Murray St needs to schedule for its fb, and doubt the OVC or MVFC would be willing to rearrange now at this late date.  But IMHO, 2018-19 is possible still for Murray St as that will give time for fb schedules to be adjusted.  The OVC also charges much larger exit fees for little notice.

The fb schools in the MVC would be absolutely livid if they didn't get a new fb playing member.  They have bent backwards over for the privates too many times.

6 hours ago, Rebel_Sioux said:

That's a bit of an understatement there. If a school is ready to make the jump then they should. Waiting for 7 other schools to upgrade their facilities so the whole conference can move up could take decades.

It's just not facilities and scholarships, but actually having more money to fund FBS schools coming to your stadium for the transition and beyond.  Liberty has money for that, but JMU doesn't due to Virginia state law limiting how much the public athletic departments can use from student fees.

Here is my eventual CAA:

JMU, Delaware, Towson, Fordham, Stony Brook, Albany, UNH and maybe Villanova or Richmond or Maine.  Army and UMASS can join later.  Most of them are over or have plans for at least 15k seats.  That's a very strong academic conference, much stronger than the Belt or CUSA.

FCS loses more than FBS if one has a conference.

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 7:38 PM, SiouxVolley said:

Went on many boards with my scenarios of the WAC and CAA going FBS.  They all accused me of lunacy and said the WAC now can't invite FCS schools to FBS and the NCAA would never allow waivers for an FBS transition.  They were all wrong and I have yet to be enlightened by your postings, as their a bunch of B.S.

Huh? What does any of this have to do with your knowing nothing about the WAC's magic-wand ability to create FBS schools until everyone had heard the story? It's your MO, when you're proven wrong move on to the next wild misrepresentation as if you'd known what you were talking about all along. 

1 hour ago, Gothmog said:

Huh? What does any of this have to do with your knowing nothing about the WAC's magic-wand ability to create FBS schools until everyone had heard the story? It's your MO, when you're proven wrong move on to the next wild misrepresentation as if you'd known what you were talking about all along. 

The bizon trolls like you have had an MO that the Slummit isn't a low rent conference anymore and it has stability.  What a joke as late events play out.  The Slummit needs more teams that want to be with the Dakotas, but yet you still go on and on and on about my supposed  lack of vision.  You never even realize how bad you are down a slippery slope.  You have been wrong about everything and even complained how UND attempted to save you and the Slummit.

A reformed Slummit with flagship schools across the board is better than the WAC, but you have consistly failed to grasp any sort of vision.  Have consistently warned about the fallacy pushed by trolls such as you that the Slummit is "strong" but yet if an FBS vision is pointed out be me it is mercilessly rejected by the dumb*sses.  At least I've been saying an FBS conference of smaller Northern and plains states flagships must be put together, which you have mocked and still do.  If you were captain, we'd be on the Titanic going down because you fail to see numerous icebergs.

Sounds like the MVC Presidents will be voting on Monday May 8th on new members.  If Valpo or Milwaukee are picked, the Horizon would have to move fast to get back to 10 teams next year.  The Slummit troubles would intensify.  IPFW to the Horizon as a minimum.  IUPUI also possible.  The OVC takes WIU to backfill any loss of Murray St, as WIU would know that is a safe move in a bus league with so many non-aspirational schools

Oh the joys of being in a bottom of the barrel conference, not that we are a member yet.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Sounds like the MVC Presidents will be voting on Monday May 8th on new members.  If Valpo or Milwaukee are picked, the Horizon would have to move fast to get back to 10 teams next year.  The Slummit troubles would intensify.  IPFW to the Horizon as a minimum.  IUPUI also possible.  The OVC takes WIU to backfill any loss of Murray St, as WIU would know that is a safe move in a bus league with so many non-aspirational schools

Oh the joys of being in a bottom of the barrel conference, not that we are a member yet.

We?