Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Sicatoka

Conference Realignments - Take 2

3,911 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, bison73 said:

Like the ones that were posted here about you going FBS for the last couple of years  ????

There is a difference between going FBS as Coastal Carolina has done and being a P5 like Kansas St, but those nuances just totally escape you and other morons.

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

There is a difference between going FBS as Coastal Carolina has done and being a P5 like Kansas St, but those nuances just totally escape you and other morons.

What does your post have to with mine?  Everyone knows there is a difference but that fact has no bearing on your prediction to move up.Plus NOBODY was talking about different levels of D1.  Nice attempt at deflection.

So which one you moving to?

Oh wait I now see you moving the goal posts again..  The move to the MVFC is just a stepping stone while you improve your brand and funding. At which time you will get a huge donation-endowment which will help facilitate your move to FBS.

Was I close??????

2 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Nice personal attack again. 

15 minutes ago, southpaw said:

Nice personal attack again. 

Thats all hes got. Oh and his magic 8 ball.

Say  the MVC  goes to twelve with whatever  combination. 

The Indiana Schools  and  Omaha  get taken by one of the three Horizon, MVC,OVC then ORU  goes to  the  WAC. 

leaving Denver ,WIU and  the Dakota  four.

Would a raid  of the Northern  BSC  teams  be possible  or desired. 

The  Montana's, EWU,UI,PSU  and Sac St. 

Seven Flagship  schools 

Eight  football  stadiums that will meet FBS requirements soon.

Travel partners line up pretty well. 

Denver,Sacramento, Spokane, Portland and  Fargo  for markets.

I  think  it would  be  a  great conference probably won't  happen. Too many moving parts but if the Summit  lost enough teams it would be a possibility. 

17 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Murray St to a 12 team MVFC would have to happen according to this writer

http://www.college-sports-journal/will-football-play-a-role-in-missouri-valley-conference-expansion/

This makes sense in light of UND being the 11th team in the MVFC. East/West divisions will let Youngstown make only 1 or 2 trips at the most to the Dakotas in a year. 5 intradivision games and 3 interdiction games in an 8 game season. Murray will also keep the balance of MVFC power leaning to the MVC. 

13 hours ago, MJG said:

Say  the MVC  goes to twelve with whatever  combination. 

The Indiana Schools  and  Omaha  get taken by one of the three Horizon, MVC,OVC then ORU  goes to  the  WAC. 

leaving Denver ,WIU and  the Dakota  four.

Would a raid  of the Northern  BSC  teams  be possible  or desired. 

The  Montana's, EWU,UI,PSU  and Sac St. 

Seven Flagship  schools 

Eight  football  stadiums that will meet FBS requirements soon.

Travel partners line up pretty well. 

Denver,Sacramento, Spokane, Portland and  Fargo  for markets.

I  think  it would  be  a  great conference probably won't  happen. Too many moving parts but if the Summit  lost enough teams it would be a possibility. 

i'm pretty confident that the montana's are happy where they are...i lost a lot of respect for the bsc football when youngstown (minus five players/starters) went into big bad eastern washington and got a playoff win. i will miss the bsc a lot but they got some problems over there.

7 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i'm pretty confident that the montana's are happy where they are...i lost a lot of respect for the bsc football when youngstown (minus five players/starters) went into big bad eastern washington and got a playoff win. i will miss the bsc a lot but they got some problems over there.

How'd the loss to Richmond do for you?  3rd or 4th string qb and over 20 players out for the year do to injuries.  You must be really disappointed in the bsc. 

29 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

How'd the loss to Richmond do for you?  3rd or 4th string qb and over 20 players out for the year do to injuries.  You must be really disappointed in the bsc. 

Bison Dan coming over to Siouxsports and making posts and being like.....

rick.gif

49 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

Simple Dimple Dan!  Bringin' it on a Monday morning.   Yah baby!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, UND1983 said:

Simple Dimple Dan!  Bringin' it on a Monday morning.   Yah baby!!!!!!!!

Image result for simple jack

2 hours ago, Bison Dan said:

They were actually missing 90 players and it was their 10th string QB.

5 hours ago, Bison Dan said:

weren't james madison missing a few players too against the ndac?

talk about delusional...over on the bizon's message board they have a poll asking about which summit schools might/should/would go to the mvc which is fine... but the funny thing is they put a extra thing saying that the mvc tourney (arch madness) would alternate bt st louis and fricken sioux falls? are u kidding me?

13 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

talk about delusional...over on the bizon's message board they have a poll asking about which summit schools might/should/would go to the mvc which is fine... but the funny thing is they put a extra thing saying that the mvc tourney (arch madness) would alternate bt st louis and fricken sioux falls? are u kidding me?

The leading vote getter is NDSU, SDSU and USD to the MVC.  No UND in there anywhere.  

Not a bias poll at all and really intelligent.

I certainly didn't listen, but a Valpo beat reporter was on the Bison radio station. He was reported to have said the MVC wants three schools:  Valpo, Belmont and NDSU.  The MVC members of the MVFC are pushing hard for six MVC football teams, so NDSU is included.  Why Murray St would be passed over is a mystery.

But Murray St almost certainly doesn't have FBS capability.  That might be part of the problem.  Longer term thinking would divide the MVC in two, with an FBS half and a pure basketball half, like the Big East split.

9 minutes ago, FSSD said:

Can you UND go back the Big Sky - please

Rather sure that Kennedy knew the MVC/Slummit would enter a period of uncertainty.  It wasn't like the Wichita St news came out of nowhere.  Maybe that why he delayed our membership and made huge cuts.

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

I certainly didn't listen, but a Valpo beat reporter was on the Bison radio station. He was reported to have said the MVC wants three schools:  Valpo, Belmont and NDSU.  The MVC members of the MVFC are pushing hard for six MVC football teams, so NDSU is included.  Why Murray St would be passed over is a mystery.

But Murray St almost certainly doesn't have FBS capability.  That might be part of the problem.  Longer term thinking would divide the MVC in two, with an FBS half and a pure basketball half, like the Big East split.

Budget cuts will be coming for NDSU athletics in May.  Are hey really going to jump to a league where they will have to fly everywhere and increase all coaches salries to be above top half?   

Ill guess no.  If they do more power to them.  Leaving a one bid league for a more expensive other.  

6 minutes ago, homer said:

Budget cuts will be coming for NDSU athletics in May.  Are hey really going to jump to a league where they will have to fly everywhere and increase all coaches salries to be above top half?   

Ill guess no.  If they do more power to them.  Leaving a one bid league for a more expensive other.  

If NDSU got an invite to the MVC, I don't think there would be much to think about but I'm still very skeptical to say the least about it happening.

18 minutes ago, homer said:

If NDSU somehow gets invited, they better not hesitate to say yes.  

34 minutes ago, homer said:

I'm sure Teammakers will have an offering to the great bizon goddess for the Slummit exit fees so ndsu doesn't have to pay it.  After all, many of the tm's detest the idea of being in the same conference as UND.

The thinking of the MVC if they go to 12 is that good OOC games are near impossible to get for RPI purposes.  Better to have more internal games.

2 hours ago, FargoBison said:

If NDSU got an invite to the MVC, I don't think there would be much to think about but I'm still very skeptical to say the least about it happening.

Personally im not sure NDSU is ready to pay their basketball coach more than their football coach.  I think the MVFC schools know that   

I don't think the money is there to do so.  It's just my opinion.  There is some cuts coming in May to the athletic dept.  Just cause the Forum refuses to ask the questions doesn't mean the money tree is growing on campus.   I also think basketball attendance will fall in the MVC unless they invest like the top half of the schools in the MVC.  

I think any of the Dakota schools would be a great addition to the MVC.  If they invested their resources appropriately they would be very competitive. 

Looks like UAB would have been charged $400 k for the MVC entrance fee when that was an alternative to CUSA when they dropped fb.

The dance payment increases more than  make up for the entrance fee, unless they raise them.  Think they will be an expectation that the basketball budget goes up, but not immediately.  That is probably all being discussed.

The MVC nearly has to want three new members for NDSU to have a chance to be invited.  But if the MVFC playing MVC members could very well favor and want NDSU.  Fargo is no different from Wichita for travel, as both are far the MVC midpoint.