SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Realignments - Take 2

The Sicatoka

34 minutes ago, jacksfan29 said:

Have you looked into when the Summit play their games? Just saying that you might want to view a schedule. Just a hint, think MVC like not NCC like. It seems that since WAC FB fell apart, NDSU to the MVC is your new mission. Just so you are aware. SDSU, USD, UND nor NDSU are going to the MVC. Not one of us will get an invite not one of us will get a look. NDSU does not travel for BB and they can't even beat SDSU in attendance when they have 250,000 in the Fargo area to draw from. NDSU travels for FB and only FB.  

The day, if it occurs that SDSU or USD get an invite to another conference do you honestly think the schools will insist that the conference tourney be played in SF? Have you been drinking?

Do you honestly think that any of the four schools, including SDSU and USD can't do as they please? SDSU did go D1 minus USD and USD did have approval to move to the BSC before SDSU stepped in and helped them out in an attempt to stabilize the Summit, with a good school. We also did that for UND with the MVFC for the same reason. And we were joined by NDSU to the consternation of BV and Lakes. 

Talk of NDSU to the MVC has mostly come from one source, well two. BV fan boys and Lakes. How much pull do you think that crew have with the MVC? I would hope your answer is none. 

I'm beginning to think your afraid of being in a conference with NDSU. Why I don't really know but you went from thinking they were the dregs of society to suddenly they would be the most amazing get for the MVC. What gives? UND can compete with NDSU, just like SDSU compete with NDSU and USD are beginning to compete with NDSU. They really aren't that scary in FB and they are not scary at all in basketball. I would venture to guess I would get agreement from 99.9% of the UND fans on this site that NDSU are not anything to be frightened by. You? I'm not so sure.

It's obvious that you don't see or can't comprehend the scheduling difference between the Slummit and MVC.  First  the Slummit has nine schools, so a pure travel partner situation through out the season is impossible.  Second, the Slummit often pairs a long away trips to minimize travel.  Third,  a team in the Slummit will play two road games consecutively with a day or two to save on travel.  They dont fly home after every away game.  The MVC schedules so nearly every weak a team gets a home game and one away.  Travel is treated as a non-issue for scheduling for the MVC as they charter a plane or bus.

NDSU under Gene Taylor and their recent presidents have done what they could to avoid and even harm UND.  You seem to be ignorant of this.  Matt Larsen seems to have more integrity than his predecessor, but that is far from not an endorsement.  NDSU shouldnt be trusted from a UND perspective, but understand the love between the XDSUs.  A Nashville report said that NDSU, and not USD or SDSU, was being evaluated.   Merely repeating what a journalism source said that NDSU is a candidate, but the SD schools weren't on that list, seems to upset you.  Take your crying points some where else.

• Upvote 2

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:15 PM, SiouxVolley said:

It's obvious that you don't see or can't comprehend the scheduling difference between the Slummit and MVC.  First  the Slummit has nine schools, so a pure travel partner situation through out the season is impossible.  Second, the Slummit often pairs a long away trips to minimize travel.  Third,  a team in the Slummit will play two road games consecutively with a day or two to save on travel.  They dont fly home after every away game.  The MVC schedules so nearly every weak a team gets a home game and one away.  Travel is treated as a non-issue for scheduling for the MVC as they charter a plane or bus.

NDSU under Gene Taylor and their recent presidents have done what they could to avoid and even harm UND.  You seem to be ignorant of this.  Matt Larsen seems to have more integrity than his predecessor, but that is far from not an endorsement.  NDSU shouldnt be trusted from a UND perspective, but understand the love between the XDSUs.  A Nashville report said that NDSU, and not USD or SDSU, was being evaluated.   Merely repeating what a journalism source said that NDSU is a candidate, but the SD schools weren't on that list, seems to upset you.  Take your crying points some where else.

Looks like your boogeyman, Gene Taylor, got a new job. I guess K-State doesn't share your opinions about his integrity. 

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article144648164.html

if the mvc adds murray state....yawn

if mvc adds und, ndac, usd, sdsu, umkc, valpo and omaha and brings all sports including football under the the mvc brand with aspirations of fbs in the future they would rival the MAC for the best midwest (non p5 obviously) FBS/basketball conference imo..

all sports: und, ndac, usd, sdsu, omaha, umkc, drake, uni, msu, siu, evansville, indiana state, bradley, isu, valpo, and loyola

fb: und, ndac, usd, sdsu, uni, msu, siu, isu, and isu..

2 hours ago, Gothmog said:

Looks like your boogeyman, Gene Taylor, got a new job. I guess K-State doesn't share your opinions about his integrity. 

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article144648164.html

The media used to rave about Paterno's integrity.  When the media raves about something, one knows there's skeletons.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

if the mvc adds murray state....yawn

if mvc adds und, ndac, usd, sdsu, umkc, valpo and omaha and brings all sports including football under the the mvc brand with aspirations of fbs in the future they would rival the MAC for the best midwest (non p5 obviously) FBS/basketball conference imo..

all sports: und, ndac, usd, sdsu, omaha, umkc, drake, uni, msu, siu, evansville, indiana state, bradley, isu, valpo, and loyola

fb: und, ndac, usd, sdsu, uni, msu, siu, isu, and isu..

That would definitely be  a nice conference... albeit very unlikely at this point.

To your first point however, I agree with you that the MVC adding 1 school wont really move the needle.  They really need to shoot for 12 and get 3 in.  Although adding 1 is still better than standing pat. 

1 hour ago, bison73 said:

Like the ones that were posted here about you going FBS for the last couple of years  ????

There is a difference between going FBS as Coastal Carolina has done and being a P5 like Kansas St, but those nuances just totally escape you and other morons.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

There is a difference between going FBS as Coastal Carolina has done and being a P5 like Kansas St, but those nuances just totally escape you and other morons.

What does your post have to with mine?  Everyone knows there is a difference but that fact has no bearing on your prediction to move up.Plus NOBODY was talking about different levels of D1.  Nice attempt at deflection.

So which one you moving to?

Oh wait I now see you moving the goal posts again..  The move to the MVFC is just a stepping stone while you improve your brand and funding. At which time you will get a huge donation-endowment which will help facilitate your move to FBS.

Was I close??????

Say  the MVC  goes to twelve with whatever  combination. 

The Indiana Schools  and  Omaha  get taken by one of the three Horizon, MVC,OVC then ORU  goes to  the  WAC. 

leaving Denver ,WIU and  the Dakota  four.

Would a raid  of the Northern  BSC  teams  be possible  or desired. 

The  Montana's, EWU,UI,PSU  and Sac St. 

Seven Flagship  schools 

Eight  football  stadiums that will meet FBS requirements soon.

Travel partners line up pretty well. 

Denver,Sacramento, Spokane, Portland and  Fargo  for markets.

I  think  it would  be  a  great conference probably won't  happen. Too many moving parts but if the Summit  lost enough teams it would be a possibility. 

17 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Murray St to a 12 team MVFC would have to happen according to this writer

http://www.college-sports-journal/will-football-play-a-role-in-missouri-valley-conference-expansion/

This makes sense in light of UND being the 11th team in the MVFC. East/West divisions will let Youngstown make only 1 or 2 trips at the most to the Dakotas in a year. 5 intradivision games and 3 interdiction games in an 8 game season. Murray will also keep the balance of MVFC power leaning to the MVC. 

13 hours ago, MJG said:

Say  the MVC  goes to twelve with whatever  combination. 

The Indiana Schools  and  Omaha  get taken by one of the three Horizon, MVC,OVC then ORU  goes to  the  WAC. 

leaving Denver ,WIU and  the Dakota  four.

Would a raid  of the Northern  BSC  teams  be possible  or desired. 

The  Montana's, EWU,UI,PSU  and Sac St. 

Seven Flagship  schools 

Eight  football  stadiums that will meet FBS requirements soon.

Travel partners line up pretty well. 

Denver,Sacramento, Spokane, Portland and  Fargo  for markets.

I  think  it would  be  a  great conference probably won't  happen. Too many moving parts but if the Summit  lost enough teams it would be a possibility. 

i'm pretty confident that the montana's are happy where they are...i lost a lot of respect for the bsc football when youngstown (minus five players/starters) went into big bad eastern washington and got a playoff win. i will miss the bsc a lot but they got some problems over there.

7 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i'm pretty confident that the montana's are happy where they are...i lost a lot of respect for the bsc football when youngstown (minus five players/starters) went into big bad eastern washington and got a playoff win. i will miss the bsc a lot but they got some problems over there.

How'd the loss to Richmond do for you?  3rd or 4th string qb and over 20 players out for the year do to injuries.  You must be really disappointed in the bsc. 

• Downvote 5