SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Realignments - Take 2

The Sicatoka

20 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

The SBOHE hasn't stopped NDSU from any conference in the past and hasn't pressured any conference to offer both schools to our knowledge.  But now the expectation is that each school would support the other, and not put up artificial roadblocks as I think NDSU and Geno Taylor have done in the past with the MVFC.

When did UND show interest in the MVFC conference when GT was at NDSU. Why would UND even think of moving back then when you all thought the BSC was the greatest.

But you just keep making stuff up to fit your narrative.

ps you really need to put IMO after every one of your posts as there are very few facts.

7 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

It would still be a great fit, probably even better, the Bizon are arrogant and slipping. We joined for many better reasons rather than because the Aggies are in these conferences.  The SD's have there fill of MooU and are in a get even with them mode. Give you one example, last year the week of at the SD FB game, the Bye-son wanted to bring in their own TV network, SD didn't want to let them in, Bissons cried to the MVFC and they got their way, really pissed SD off. Their administration and ADept's aren't what they were like before they left Div II. Cow Cawledge thinks their cowsh$t don't stink and by the way isn't going anywhere, and needs to be taught some lessons and we'll be there to help.

You ever wonder why the U presidents of the Summit & MVFC all voted in favor of us joining? That would of never happened a year earlier! It got to the point where the Pres. B. couldn't be a lone vote against us, that would of been suicide for him and not good for SU in terms of ND legislative support.

I see youve been channeling SV. Related ?

6 hours ago, bison73 said:

When did UND show interest in the MVFC conference when GT was at NDSU. Why would UND even think of moving back then when you all thought the BSC was the greatest.

But you just keep making stuff up to fit your narrative.

ps you really need to put IMO after every one of your posts as there are very few facts.

There was always the presumption that the Slummit and MVFC had to be tied together to save UND football from independence or the Southland.  Gene Taylor refused to schedule UND when he was in Fargo and there's every reason to believe NDSU put up roadblocks to UND's admission to the MVFC.  Only when UND was safely out of the picture, did the MVFC take down the roadblocks for USD.  Since Genoa Taylor refused to schedule in Grand Forks even after that, I can confidently say NDSU was against MVFC  membership for UND then.  A former governor knew there was more to the story and suddenly Bresciani yielded to pressure from the SBHOE and wrote a letter in support of UND to the MVFC that was carbon copied to all SBHOE directors, otherwise Bresciani would have had his leadership head chopped off.  Sins of the past will haunt NDSU.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, mooncountry said:

I'm not trying to do anything beyond stating facts without conjecture. All Zimmer did was comment on SDSU since that is the beat he covers. Fact.

Restating opinions, not facts.  Are you going to guarantee that NDSU has not placed feelers to the MVC and is not currently lobbying for admission?

This is my opinion only, but think Murray State will get a big push.  They have bona fide fans that will make the trip to Arch Madness much like they go to Nashville now for the OVC tournament.  Filling the seats for Arch Madness is a big deal, as Wichita mostly did that, not the other nine teams.  The MVC needs a new fan base that is proven to travel.  Milwaukee, UIC, NDSU, UMKC, ORU, and Valpo dont have that.  USD and SDSU haven't proven that if a game is more than a state away.  In addition, Murray St has FCS which would make scheduling in the MVFC easier.  The Racers have a deep history of NBA players and dance runs.  Other than St Louis U itself, which wont leave the A10 for the MVC, the Racers are a thoroughbred program that no other MVC wannabes can matxg.  Murray St had support last time, but the privates wanted to keep their voting coalition in place with Creighton gone, so they demanded Loyola.  The MVC could then split off their FCS teams into a separate league with six full MVC fb members, leaving bizon fans wailing.  Staying at 11 MVFC teams doesn't make sense except at NDSU.

6 hours ago, mooncountry said:

I've presented Zimmer's quoted statement. That is a fact. Anything else is simply reading into. I can't guarantee anything about any school. I'm not an AD with direct knowledge of anything and neither are you. 

It'll be interesting what may happen though.

The news media likes to present their opinions as facts.  Many people such as you are gullible and will bite on it.  The only "fact" you presented was an opinion, whether you admit it or not.

21 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

There was always the presumption that the Slummit and MVFC had to be tied together to save UND football from independence or the Southland.  Gene Taylor refused to schedule UND when he was in Fargo and there's every reason to believe NDSU put up roadblocks to UND's admission to the MVFC.  Only when UND was safely out of the picture, did the MVFC take down the roadblocks for USD.  Since Genoa Taylor refused to schedule in Grand Forks even after that, I can confidently say NDSU was against MVFC  membership for UND then.  A former governor knew there was more to the story and suddenly Bresciani yielded to pressure from the SBHOE and wrote a letter in support of UND to the MVFC that was carbon copied to all SBHOE directors, otherwise Bresciani would have had his leadership head chopped off.  Sins of the past will haunt NDSU.

Again that is ALL your opinion.

• Downvote 1

sounds like people in the know know that und is the 8th team for the Big 10 hockey...assuming we don't get their money like the OTHER UND i'm assuming we will get more money from midco...but would their current contract have to be renogiated considering your replacing denver, cc, scsu, and western with Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, and Notre Dame?  and if so how much are we talking?

hope kennedy drops wih and our money problem are fixed

26 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

sounds like people in the know know that und is the 8th team for the Big 10 hockey...assuming we don't get their money like the OTHER UND i'm assuming we will get more money from midco...but would their current contract have to be renogiated considering your replacing denver, cc, scsu, and western with Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, and Notre Dame?  and if so how much are we talking?

Fox Sports North would probably be interested in a contract, and that exposure would be huge for UND.  If that doesn't happen, it's till a big deal academically but no money.

6 minutes ago, mooncountry said:

I haven't bitten on anything. I've only pointed out that in your original post you falsely added to Zimmer's quote. Funny you mention "media" because it's you, like the MSM, tweeking Zimmer's words for reasons only you know. And by the way, regardless if the content of what Zimmer tweeted is his fact or his opinion it does not change the FACT that he wrote what he wrote. 

You got caught stirring the pot and stretching the truth to fit your own agenda and you got called on it. It's what you do, it's who you are...

It seems you need to go to UNDsports.Com exclusively.  This site is 99% opinion, and you only want so called facts.

14 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

The contract wouldn't need to be renegotiated.  It's a tier II broadcast rights contract.  Who UND plays doesn't matter, Midco would do any home games not picked up by B10 Network or any other national network.  Midco isn't getting many more viewers for B10 teams except for Minnesota.  Their viewership is UND fans.

8 minutes ago, southpaw said:

It coincided with ASU applying and it seeming like BGSU would be a natural 10th team. 

by the sounds of it it doesn't seem like asu was ever a real candidate for membership to the nchc...i'm thinking that mankato found out about the possibility of und leaving and was hoping to hell that if the nchc had one spot to fill it was them over the other schools that would come calling 

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

by the sounds of it it doesn't seem like asu was ever a real candidate for membership to the nchc...i'm thinking that mankato found out about the possibility of und leaving and was hoping to hell that if the nchc had one spot to fill it was them over the other schools that would come calling 

According to who?

7 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

no arean=no chance and they are a ways away from getting that completed and if they do it seems like the nchc will only take "hockey first" schools that pioritize hockey and that aint ASU i guess?

You mean like Western Michigan that has always prioritized football over hockey?

You don't know what you're talking about.

• Upvote 1

Just now, southpaw said:

You mean like Western Michigan that has always prioritized football over hockey?

You don't know what you're talking about.

with the new p5 or g5 stuff going on the hockey will overtake football there soon especially if they get their first natty (which will never ever happen in football before or after the split of the havenots and haves)

2 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Hockey will remain behind football and basketball at the MAC schools. It is what it is. 

at certain schools...but some including the two in the nchc realize that d1 trophies are hard to get but in hockey they are attainable...

Just now, SIOUXFAN97 said:

at certain schools...but some including the two in the nchc realize that d1 trophies are hard to get but in hockey they are attainable...

It's kind of like winning a women's hockey national title. Vast majority of students and alumni at those schools would prefer a football or basketball conference championship. 

1 minute ago, UNDBIZ said:

It's kind of like winning a women's hockey national title. Vast majority of students and alumni at those schools would prefer a football or basketball conference championship. 

there is something to said for being the best in the country at something whether it's bowling, or alpine skiing, or track and field...i would've taken a d1 womens hockey title this year over the womens bball team winning the bsc.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1