The Sicatoka

Conference Realignments - Take 2

3,387 posts in this topic

So let me guess.  In the remote chance that NDSU moved to the MVC, I assume the new group-think here would be that the Summit would not be a good fit for UND anymore right?  :0:glare:

31 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

So let me guess.  In the remote chance that NDSU moved to the MVC, I assume the new group-think here would be that the Summit would not be a good fit for UND anymore right?  :0:glare:

It would still be a great fit, probably even better, the Bizon are arrogant and slipping. We joined for many better reasons rather than because the Aggies are in these conferences.  The SD's have there fill of MooU and are in a get even with them mode. Give you one example, last year the week of at the SD FB game, the Bye-son wanted to bring in their own TV network, SD didn't want to let them in, Bissons cried to the MVFC and they got their way, really pissed SD off. Their administration and ADept's aren't what they were like before they left Div II. Cow Cawledge thinks their cowsh$t don't stink and by the way isn't going anywhere, and needs to be taught some lessons and we'll be there to help.

You ever wonder why the U presidents of the Summit & MVFC all voted in favor of us joining? That would of never happened a year earlier! It got to the point where the Pres. B. couldn't be a lone vote against us, that would of been suicide for him and not good for SU in terms of ND legislative support.

2 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

It would still be a great fit, probably even better, the Bizon are arrogant and slipping. We joined for many better reasons rather than because the Aggies are in these conferences.  The SD's have there fill of MooU and are in a get even with them mode. Give you one example, last year the week of at the SD FB game, the Bye-son wanted to bring in their own TV network, SD didn't want to let them in, Bissons cried to the MVFC and they got their way, really pissed SD off. Their administration and ADept's aren't what they were like before they left Div II. Cow Cawledge thinks their cowsh$t don't stink and by the way isn't going anywhere, and needs to be taught some lessons and we'll be there to help.

You ever wonder why the U presidents of the Summit & MVFC all voted in favor of us joining? That would of never happened a year earlier! It got to the point where the Pres. B. couldn't be a lone vote against us, that would of been suicide for him and not good for SU in terms of ND legislative support.

Total BS post, but expect nothing more from you.  Lets see does UND have any of these:

Major BB wins?  NDSU has Wisc., Marquette and a win over OS in the big dance

P5 Football Wins? WY.     NDSU - to many to mention

NC for Football?    NDSU   5 straight

Sold out Dome for 7 straight years

Softball?   NDSU  many times to the NCAA's and got to the Sweet 16 one year

T&F - ?     NDSU conference champs since going DI

Budget ?  NDSU has almost the same but without  Hockey to support.

Coaches salaries?  Budget deficits?  - Well hell I could go on and on.

3 hours ago, bincitysioux said:

Prefer Big Sky now. Would prefer Big Sky then.

however, if UND is in the Summit, prefer that NDSU is still there

and... don't think NDSU is going anywhere. doubt they get an invitation (other than the rumor of UNI support, who else would want to travel to Fargo). plus, the Summit (NCC 2.0) is actually looking like a stable and competitive conference.

21 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

Total BS post, but expect nothing more from you.  Lets see does UND have any of these:

Sounds like you didn't get a ticket for the game in Fargo?

38 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

Image result for listen to me meme

20 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

The SBOHE hasn't stopped NDSU from any conference in the past and hasn't pressured any conference to offer both schools to our knowledge.  But now the expectation is that each school would support the other, and not put up artificial roadblocks as I think NDSU and Geno Taylor have done in the past with the MVFC.

When did UND show interest in the MVFC conference when GT was at NDSU. Why would UND even think of moving back then when you all thought the BSC was the greatest.

But you just keep making stuff up to fit your narrative.

ps you really need to put IMO after every one of your posts as there are very few facts.

7 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I see youve been channeling SV. Related ?

21 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

He was asked a question if SDSU and NDSU were moving on to the MVC.  He only answered that SDSU wouldn't but left open the possibility that NDSU could by not answering.  Try better next time.

I'm not trying to do anything beyond stating facts without conjecture. All Zimmer did was comment on SDSU since that is the beat he covers. Fact.

It would be an interesting set of dominos to fall if WSU does leave the MVC. 

6 hours ago, bison73 said:

When did UND show interest in the MVFC conference when GT was at NDSU. Why would UND even think of moving back then when you all thought the BSC was the greatest.

But you just keep making stuff up to fit your narrative.

ps you really need to put IMO after every one of your posts as there are very few facts.

There was always the presumption that the Slummit and MVFC had to be tied together to save UND football from independence or the Southland.  Gene Taylor refused to schedule UND when he was in Fargo and there's every reason to believe NDSU put up roadblocks to UND's admission to the MVFC.  Only when UND was safely out of the picture, did the MVFC take down the roadblocks for USD.  Since Genoa Taylor refused to schedule in Grand Forks even after that, I can confidently say NDSU was against MVFC  membership for UND then.  A former governor knew there was more to the story and suddenly Bresciani yielded to pressure from the SBHOE and wrote a letter in support of UND to the MVFC that was carbon copied to all SBHOE directors, otherwise Bresciani would have had his leadership head chopped off.  Sins of the past will haunt NDSU.

2 hours ago, mooncountry said:

I'm not trying to do anything beyond stating facts without conjecture. All Zimmer did was comment on SDSU since that is the beat he covers. Fact.

Restating opinions, not facts.  Are you going to guarantee that NDSU has not placed feelers to the MVC and is not currently lobbying for admission?

This is my opinion only, but think Murray State will get a big push.  They have bona fide fans that will make the trip to Arch Madness much like they go to Nashville now for the OVC tournament.  Filling the seats for Arch Madness is a big deal, as Wichita mostly did that, not the other nine teams.  The MVC needs a new fan base that is proven to travel.  Milwaukee, UIC, NDSU, UMKC, ORU, and Valpo dont have that.  USD and SDSU haven't proven that if a game is more than a state away.  In addition, Murray St has FCS which would make scheduling in the MVFC easier.  The Racers have a deep history of NBA players and dance runs.  Other than St Louis U itself, which wont leave the A10 for the MVC, the Racers are a thoroughbred program that no other MVC wannabes can matxg.  Murray St had support last time, but the privates wanted to keep their voting coalition in place with Creighton gone, so they demanded Loyola.  The MVC could then split off their FCS teams into a separate league with six full MVC fb members, leaving bizon fans wailing.  Staying at 11 MVFC teams doesn't make sense except at NDSU.