SiouxSports.com Forum

2011-2012 Season

the green team

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched the media day video on fightingsioux.com....................

Roebuck spoke very highly of freshman Emily Evers and Brianna Williams. When talking about Evers, said she used to be a point guard but then grew a foot or so over a year and became a post player. Said she is mobile and passes the ball well.

Said alot is expected of Alyssa Wall, and they will look to Madi Buck for more scoring as well.

He said is biggest concern is who is going to step up and be a scorer this year..................

He said is biggest concern is who is going to step up and be a scorer this year..................

That's definitely the big question for me going into the season. Last year you knew exactly who UND would try to get the ball to late in the clock or whenever they needed a score. It's not necessarily a matter of having someone skilled enough to be able to score in those situations, as much as it is having someone with the desire and courage to step up and create in those situations. If we find someone to give the team that, I think this team could do some very good things.

• 2 weeks later...

Ladies lost tonight 72-54. Saw some issues tonight, had a bit of trouble with a full court press at times, were weak on the defensive baseline (gave up a number of layups this way), and got dominated on the boards. Saw some better shooting tonight and again liked the combination of Evers and Wall on the court at the same time, especially with a zone defense. Will be nice to possibly see more of that.

Ladies lost tonight 72-54. Saw some issues tonight, had a bit of trouble with a full court press at times, were weak on the defensive baseline (gave up a number of layups this way), and got dominated on the boards. Saw some better shooting tonight and again liked the combination of Evers and Wall on the court at the same time, especially with a zone defense. Will be nice to possibly see more of that.

I thought we only lost the rebound battle by 2?

I wasn't following the stats or really even looking at them. Just watching the game they seemed to come away with a lot of rebounds, especially offensive rebounds that lead to a fair number of second chance points. If we actually were only 2 rebounds different then I'm shocked. Seemed a much greater disparity when watching.

Idaho 54

UND 84

Nice win by the ladies tonight.

I agree. I believe that the Vandals were picked near the bottom of the preseason WAC polls, but it is great none-the-less to beat them in such convincing fashion...........

Not saying that that Wall-Evers are nearly as good a combination of Kimbrough-Langen, but it should bode well for UND to have two quality 6-4 post players in the rotation..............

Plus, again as I mentioned that Webb & Anderson on the men's thread are only sophmores- the fact that Wall is only a sophmore while Evers is a freshman is just a thrill to know what this is going to be like over the next few years. Additionally, Madi Buck went for the double-double- best player on the floor last night. Hopefully, she can be that type of a player on a more consistent basis. Again only a sophmore there too! Megan Lauck, who has been terrrible for the 1st 2 games showed at least signs of life, hopefully she can fully come around. We get here to play to her potential, this team will really have a great foundation, and be far more difficult to guard.

I have not seen the statististical breakdown from the last night's game, but having been there, I can tell you that I have not seen the Sioux women rebound, block shots, fight for loose balls and play as agressive on defense the whole game on both sides of the court (full-court press) as they did last night. They looked really inspired last night, especially, the Mothershed twins and Brianna Williams. Buck was incredible and was clearly the best offensive player on the floor, and the post play was agressive but controlled for the most part. Nice job, ladies!

• 2 months later...