SiouxSports.com Forum

2011-12 Season

UND Fan

Well the Waldorf game looked about as expected, UND looked pretty good against an overmatched team. Some great plays by Huff that were highlight reel material, and Anderson was, IMO, the best player on the court. Great vision, control of the offense, and knew when to take it himself. His defense was solid too. I was really impressed by his play today. The depth looked pretty good and I liked what I saw from the two freshmen and you could see them start to get more comfortable later in the game.

Well I think we'll see those offensive rebound numbers go down. We had a good size advantage on Waldorf. If they keep up that intensity against similarly sized opponents, they probably will increase offensive rebounding. From my perspective, offensive rebounding is a matter of mental disposition to getting nasty and doing what it takes to secure the ball. We were a very young team last year without that mentality, hopefully a year has helped them sharpen it.

After watching almost every game last year and the first two of this young season it is very clear that Aaron Anderson is our most improved player. He has looked great in the first two games (granted against inferior competition). However, regardless of the competition I can clearly see his game elevating and improving which is great to see. He seems to be reaping the benefits of offseason workouts, and perhaps bringing in a freshman PG is pushing him!

Anderson looked great in the Waldorf game. He played a complete gamed.

Huff is fun to watch. The acrobatic play he had in the first half was highlight reel stuff.

The big guys did rebound well with their height advantage, but seemed to have a hard time getting the shots to fall in close.

Should be a fun year for Sioux BB.

Hopefully the attendance picks up as the year rolls on. I guess 1642 isn't bad for a Saturday afternoon.

This is the first meeting between the 2 schools on the basketball court. We play them again out there later in the season. Idaho St. played Oklahoma tough on Friday night. They led by 10 at one point in the 1st half then lost by 4. This will be a big elevation in competition from Minot St. and Waldorf. I'm curious to see how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...