SiouxSports.com Forum

Help from Spirit Lake

pontoonin

so why do you spend so much time here? Did your World of Warcraft/Halo game crash?

Nah. His shift at the McDonald's drive-thru doesn't provide him with this level of intellectual stimulation. :lol:

Take it easy on him guys. I'll admit I didn't like his earlier posts either but it takes balls to admit when you're wrong about something; especially when you're a bison fan posting on siouxsports forums. He confessed to not knowing all the facts behind this issue and I have respect for that. Keep in mind that we're Sioux fans and no one can obsess like we can so it's probably safe to assume that most of us know all the in's and out's of this issue better than any outsider/troll that may be posting on this board ;)

• Upvote 1

Take it easy on him guys. I'll admit I didn't like his earlier posts either but it takes balls to admit when you're wrong about something; especially when you're a bison fan posting on siouxsports forums. He confessed to not knowing all the facts behind this issue and I have respect for that. Keep in mind that we're Sioux fans and no one can obsess like we can so it's probably safe to assume that most of us know all the in's and out's of this issue better than any outsider/troll that may be posting on this board ;)

I guess Uncle Rico gives people negative reputation for admitting he was not aware of certain information when discussing something. Class act bro! Still watching Napoleon Dynomite? ;)

As for the gentleman who asked about my World of Warcraft and Halo crash....I do have CableOne, so if I had one of those games, I am sure my internet would crash constantly and I'd get upset as a result(not to mention i'd get my ass kicked and I'd probably get more mad). The reason I come on here is because I have a bit of time throughout the day when things get a bit slow, so I check out whats going on SS and BV.

Lots of haters....FSF86 here gives you guys a perfect example of how to handle fans from other schools, give them respect especially if they admit that they were wrong about something other than a score prediction between the two schools. GO BISON!

btw, if you guys want to be a dick to someone, go over to the EWU forum and give screaming eagle some crap for getting beat on by USD, he's been harassing us for months about the playoff game and won't come back to visit BV since the Vermillion Debacle.

It's only a matter of time, I think, before the folks at Moo U are addressing this issue. Sacred animals and nicknames like "Crusaders" (Holy Cross, anyone) are going to be next. Cattle are considered sacred to Hindus and they might think that using "Mavericks" as a team nickname would be disparaging towards their religion/beliefs. Larry Kraft used to say "mental mast#@$$" and that's exactly what the NCAA and their pinhead academician cohorts are engaging in.

It's only a matter of time, I think, before the folks at Moo U are addressing this issue. Sacred animals and nicknames like "Crusaders" (Holy Cross, anyone) are going to be next. Cattle are considered sacred to Hindus and they might think that using "Mavericks" as a team nickname would be disparaging towards their religion/beliefs. Larry Kraft used to say "mental mast#@$$" and that's exactly what the NCAA and their pinhead academician cohorts are engaging in.

:O So you mean we will have to be called FC North Dakota St? Or NDSU United?

I guess Uncle Rico gives people negative reputation for admitting he was not aware of certain information when discussing something. Class act bro! Still watching Napoleon Dynomite? ;)

As for the gentleman who asked about my World of Warcraft and Halo crash....I do have CableOne, so if I had one of those games, I am sure my internet would crash constantly and I'd get upset as a result(not to mention i'd get my ass kicked and I'd probably get more mad). The reason I come on here is because I have a bit of time throughout the day when things get a bit slow, so I check out whats going on SS and BV.

Lots of haters....FSF86 here gives you guys a perfect example of how to handle fans from other schools, give them respect especially if they admit that they were wrong about something other than a score prediction between the two schools. GO BISON!

btw, if you guys want to be a dick to someone, go over to the EWU forum and give screaming eagle some crap for getting beat on by USD, he's been harassing us for months about the playoff game and won't come back to visit BV since the Vermillion Debacle.

Next October we play at Eastern Washington and how do you think screaming eagle will handle us beating them on the red turf. I am sure we are next.

Yeah, I used to work in fast food about 20 years ago. Who among us didn't at some point? Very few I would guess. I didn't make fun of the older guys who worked there because I'm better than that. You are an elitist snob if you make fun of somebody's job. We are not all thinking it, only the elitist snobs among us think it. If you say it people are going to think you're a d-bag.

Well considering of the 15 or so people who worked there, about 12 of us gave him crap all the time and he pretty much just learned to go along with it. He knew he screwed up his life.

Last night on KX4 at 6:30 Joel Heitkamp interviewed Al Carlson about the name, and he is not going to introduce the bill to repeal the law and only if the votes are there will he vote to repeal it. He thinks the academic part of this situation is being overlooked, he only sees this name a problem for athletics and not the school academicly. So even though the Big Sky is going to kick us out it still doesn't matter to him. He sounded like a big tool on tv last night. Oh and good luck getting votes when you run for congress. :lol:

I know it's short for Barcelona, but how many others would?

Few....very few would.

Al Carlson will still probably get elected, not everyone in South Fargo( his district isn't it?) knows that he really came close to destroying UND athletics. I'm officially sure now that he (as any decent, jerkoff Bison alum would) is trying to ruin UND's athletic program.

Did anyone hear the interview with Roger Thomas earlier in the week? He offered some great insights into how the NCAA operates. For example, all issues are assigned to ad hoc committees that work through a specific task, with guidance from member university presidents, then new committees are formed to work on new, related tasks. He said that he has worked on several of these committees dealing with different aspects of college athletics and the findings are presented to the entire membership for action/inaction/approval/disapproval. We keep referring to the NCAA as if it were some monolithic entity with an emperor/dictator issuing edicts at will, when in fact it is the membership that drives it. Roger also made the point that the NCAA HAS TO BE politically correct because whether we like it or not social issues become a part of college athletics - the example he gave was Title IX and how that issue was resisted and debated until finally being (reluctantly) accepted. As a heads up he said that the next issue the NCAA was going to have to address is the issue of transgender athletes - apparently the NCAA is seeking information on how the membership is thinking and probably soon will have to begin creating procedures to deal with the issue. I don't mean to sound like an apologist for the NCAA, but this interview has me looking at the organization in a little bit different way.

Did anyone hear the interview with Roger Thomas earlier in the week? He offered some great insights into how the NCAA operates. For example, all issues are assigned to ad hoc committees that work through a specific task, with guidance from member university presidents, then new committees are formed to work on new, related tasks. He said that he has worked on several of these committees dealing with different aspects of college athletics and the findings are presented to the entire membership for action/inaction/approval/disapproval. We keep referring to the NCAA as if it were some monolithic entity with an emperor/dictator issuing edicts at will, when in fact it is the membership that drives it. Roger also made the point that the NCAA HAS TO BE politically correct because whether we like it or not social issues become a part of college athletics - the example he gave was Title IX and how that issue was resisted and debated until finally being (reluctantly) accepted. As a heads up he said that the next issue the NCAA was going to have to address is the issue of transgender athletes - apparently the NCAA is seeking information on how the membership is thinking and probably soon will have to begin creating procedures to deal with the issue. I don't mean to sound like an apologist for the NCAA, but this interview has me looking at the organization in a little bit different way.

Has me thinking it's super messed up as opposed to just being messed up. "Trans gender athletes"? My God. So, a man who converts to female would have an upper edge in basketball, sprinting, etc. That idea is seriously screwed up. No matter how much testosterone and other agents a transgendered female to male takes, he will still not be able to develop muscle tone and other qualities to compete effectively in football or basketball or hockey, etc. I know a few transgendered males and they all are excessively overweight and they were not when they were women. They weren't even what I'd call "husky." One or two of them may have stubble on the chin but the face looks supple and has more moisture tone to it (just as a woman's skin is supposed to look).

What you are describing reminds of a book I just finished reading, The Overton Window. Although the subject matter is different from the book, the premise is the same. The NCAA seems to be using the Overton Window in their policy making. Although the transgender thing sounds more like the door-in-your-face technique.

Has me thinking it's super messed up as opposed to just being messed up. "Trans gender athletes"? My God. So, a man who converts to female would have an upper edge in basketball, sprinting, etc. That idea is seriously screwed up. No matter how much testosterone and other agents a transgendered female to male takes, he will still not be able to develop muscle tone and other qualities to compete effectively in football or basketball or hockey, etc. I know a few transgendered males and they all are excessively overweight and they were not when they were women. They weren't even what I'd call "husky." One or two of them may have stubble on the chin but the face looks supple and has more moisture tone to it (just as a woman's skin is supposed to look).

I hope they'd never allow male-to-female's to play. That'd be such garbage. Like you said, muscle tone and athletic skills are generally better in men. If he played basketball against the women the only player who could stop him is that girl/guy/monster from Baylor.