SiouxSports.com Forum

VB: North Dakota v. NDSU

bincitysioux

I believe that because there is no DII championship in WHockey they automatically play for the DI championship and that's why volleyball could become tourney eligible more quickly.

DI women's hockey is actually classified as NCAA National Collegiate and not DI. So it never counted against the 1 women's play-up. So even when we were DII, we could have moved up another women's sport to DI. Men's DI hockey is actually classified as DI, but because there is no DII men's hockey the line became a little bit blurrier whether or not UND could have moved up another men's sport to DI or fast tracked a men's sport. But with women's hockey classified as National Collegiate and not DI, there is no reason we couldn't have fast tracked a women's sport.

It is very sad that our previous administration didn't do anything to clarify this and get 1 men's and 1 women's sport fast tracked. In hindsight, UND should have fast tracked volleyball and baseball. If we had fast tracked baseball, the GW would would probably qualify for a baseball autobid now.

But just a few years ago, who would have ever thought in their wildest dreams that our VB program would be doing as well as it is.

That game was great because the teams were on par with each other. A football game would stink more that the basketball game because it would be a blowout. UND and NDSU are in different conferences and in a sport such as football, don't have enough dates to be playing each other on a regular schedule. Minor sports and Basketball it will probably work out, but not at all in football. There may be an occasional game sometime in the future, but with the schools in different conferences, it will never be an annual event.

For an NDSU fan you have been pretty reasonable so at least one of us should return the favor.

I think you are selling your FB team short. I don't think a FB game would be a blowout. I think you guys could hang with tthe Sioux for at least the first half and the game would stay realatively close this year. Although your first two games are against a couple of marshmellows, so it is hard to gauge, you had a good finish last year and enough kids back that I think the Bison wouldn't get "blown out". Remember UND is still in transition and are still building toward the future. Within the next couple of years, I would say you may see the traditional UND excellence especially with UND being in the Big Sky. The last 13 games where UND won 10 of those 13 games were so long ago that shouldn't influence your opinion that UND would blow out the Bison. Don't give up on them so soon. Scheduling all sports including FB icould work every year if the AD's would make it happen.

• Upvote 3

For an NDSU fan you have been pretty reasonable so at least one of us should return the favor.

I think you are selling your FB team short. I don't think a FB game would be a blowout. I think you guys could hang with tthe Sioux for at least the first half and the game would stay realatively close this year. Although your first two games are against a couple of marshmellows, so it is hard to gauge, you had a good finish last year and enough kids back that I think the Bison wouldn't get "blown out". Remember UND is still in transition and are still building toward the future. Within the next couple of years, I would say you may see the traditional UND excellence especially with UND being in the Big Sky. The last 13 games where UND won 10 of those 13 games were so long ago that shouldn't influence your opinion that UND would blow out the Bison. Don't give up on them so soon. Scheduling all sports including FB icould work every year if the AD's would make it happen.

Post of the Day! :lol:

Damn.....what ever you drank before writing that post...........I want some. It would be great at our next yard party!!! ;)

Well played Ira!

Damn.....what ever you drank before writing that post...........I want some. It would be great at our next yard party!!! ;)

Hard to say what would make me so benevolent to one of our friends from the south who worships the large, dumb, matted furred, stinky, four legged beast of the plains. I had a cup of Folgers coffee with Equal and a Creamer. You should be able to get that at your local General Store. I also had a caramel roll from Nootzy's in Dent, Mn. That would be the thing that sweetened me up a bit. You could have those flown in to Casper, then put on the next Stagecoach out to where it is you live in Wyoming. They would be a great hit at your next yard party. If you are hosting a pre-game party to watch your game against St. Francis (that is the Catholic College for wayward altar boys that you play this week) then I don't think they will get there in time.

According to "live stats" on the FightingSioux.com, UND VB ladies just took down UC Santa Barbara in three straight (25-12, 25-12, 25-21)! :D:D:D Last year, UCSB was ranked 63rd in the country... while the Sioux were something like 89th, two ranks behind NDSU. I have not seen any real recent ranking. Another big win for Fighting Sioux VB in the Golden State! This team is something special! We still play San Jose State and Santa Clara before the tourney concludes. Those teams were ranked behind the Sioux last year, according to NCAA.com.

Big win for the Sioux. Hopefully we can get the following for VB to continue and be part of the VB success. UND should have the band there for home games if they haven't and try and build on what they had at the NDSU game.

Parent of UND Freshman spoke with me yesterday and said their son went to VB game and it was a blast! Also went to first FB game and said the students who went also had a great time. Good sign. The rest of the student popualtion needs to get on board and make these student events. Doesn't matter so much who they play each weekend as long as it becomes the place to be for students.

to quote McDonalds - "I'm lovin' it!"

+1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Roll the clock forward a year or two:

UND at NDSU in {sport here}. Hear the arena announcer read the standard NCAA mandated " ... racist, offensive, ... comments directed toward players, coaches, or athletes, ... grounds for removal ... " pre-game announcement. (We've all heard that at UND and NDSU events thousands of times and ignored it but it's there.)

But this time, when UND takes the court as the "{new moniker here}" the only "Sioux" that NDSU fans could possibly be referencing would be those peoples of the Great Dakota/Lakota/Nakota nations.

Hence, NDSU's favorite chant would not be about the opposing team but would strictly be about ... the D/L/Nakota people ... which fits exactly into " ... racist ... grounds for removal ... " and I'll demand that those folks, per the NCAA pre-game statement, be removed from the arena. And if they aren't I'll be sending a letter to the NCAA (with a whole host of national newspapers on cc:).

if there are no UND fans in the stands wearing Sioux gear yiu are right otherwise NOT.