SiouxSports.com Forum

QB competition

UND-FB-FAN

QB Competition   

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you THINK will win the starting quarterback job?

• Brent Goska
    • Chris Comes
    • Joey Bradley
    • Marcus Hendrickson

I realize this topic has already been covered extensively but I decided to create a separate thread for it to help sort out discussions as it will continue to be relevant for the next couple weeks. Who will win the job? Does seniority and leadership offer the greatest advantage and give Goska the job? Does pure passing ability propel Bradley into the starting spot? Or does a sleeper like Hendrickson or Comes take the reins? Ultimately, winning games is the most important thing; however, until the Sioux start playing games this QB competition is about as good as it gets.

I realize this topic has already been covered extensively but I decided to create a separate thread for it to help sort out discussions as it will continue to be relevant for the next couple weeks. Who will win the job? Does seniority and leadership offer the greatest advantage and give Goska the job? Does pure passing ability propel Bradley into the starting spot? Or does a sleeper like Hendrickson or Comes take the reins? Ultimately, winning games is the most important thing; however, until the Sioux start playing games this QB competition is about as good as it gets.

Try the next couple of months.

I don't think Comes will be ready to step in and start this year. Maybe by the end of the season, but not right away. I just hope he's ready as a sophomore to seriously compete for the starting job.

That leaves Bradley, Goska and Hendrickson to start this year. I like them in that order right now, but I'm an idiot. :crazy:

This is indeed a great topic and deserves a good debate.

My thoughts: The first thing that jumps out in my mind is Bradley's quick release of the ball. The kid seems to be a natural passer that can scramble when he needs to and this is exactly what we are missing. On the other hand Goska seems to have made some great improvements so who knows. You are absolutely correct in that winning games is what matters and I do not really care who is the starter as long as they pull their weight. We seem to be on the right track as our recruiting classes of late have been great; but the missing link is a solid all around QB that can lead the team. I think that someone will shine in fall camp and that will translate to the playing field; and the coaches know more than I do.

Is it September 1st yet?

• 2 weeks later...

We play Drake in 9 days...when is the big QB announcement coming?

If I were on the coaching staff, I would make Drake prepare for both QB's. Two totally different styles of play. They have all the film of Goska and none of Bradley.

I completely understand why they would wait, regardless if they have made their decision yet or not.

After watching both returning quarterbacks play last year, if Bradley hasn't decisively beaten them out already, I'm officially worried.

As down as I was on Goska last year he is a senior and deserves every chance and opportunity to win the job. I think for that reason there may be a bit of politics or whatever at work here. I have not seen Bradley play, and to Goska and Hendrickson's benefit of the doubt the WR core was slim to none last year, but if Goska or Hendrickson were to start I would say the season is pretty much in doubt already. Hope Bradley does well and stays healthy.

Now that Marcus Hendrickson is officially the third string QB they need to use his athletic ability at a different position. Its either going to be Bradley or Goska under center, and if there are no injuries we could see Bradley the entire season, and a very athletic guy on the bench holding a clipboard.....

As down as I was on Goska last year he is a senior and deserves every chance and opportunity to win the job. I think for that reason there may be a bit of politics or whatever at work here. I have not seen Bradley play, and to Goska and Hendrickson's benefit of the doubt the WR core was slim to none last year, but if Goska or Hendrickson were to start I would say the season is pretty much in doubt already. Hope Bradley does well and stays healthy.

I agree. Since Goska is a senior and a leader it is tough to see someone new come in but last year was a disaster! i think Bradley has the tools to be great so hopefully the team can put him in a position to win. This is where it gets interesting with Goska and Hendrickson because they are both very talented; so they need to see the field in some capacity. I can't wait until thursday; will be watching on FCS from Colorado!