SiouxSports.com Forum

2012-2013 Recruiting

UND Fan

I have recently watched some YouTube videos of North Star's recent games (including the one with Warwick). Unbelieveable shooting by both teams.

92,96 - You didn't mention Arvidson, I am told that he has the best chance to play DI ball. However, with Hagler only being a junior, who knows! Grande is also a stud on that team - and only a junior!

I have no idea whether either is considered a true dI prospect, but I'm curious who is considered to be the better college prospect between Mac Kroeplin and Jake Hagler?

I can't believe how there's been virtually no talk of Jake Hagler and his prospects of playing DI basketball. It seems guys like Joe Hanstad and Austin Dufault were talked about constantly.

I have recently watched some YouTube videos of North Star's recent games (including the one with Warwick). Unbelieveable shooting by both teams.

92,96 - You didn't mention Arvidson, I am told that he has the best chance to play DI ball. However, with Hagler only being a junior, who knows! Grande is also a stud on that team - and only a junior!

I mentioned only Kroeplin and Hagler because they're juniors, and appear to play the same position (point guard), whereas Arvidson is a senior and probably a 2. I believe Arvidson does have a legit shot at playing dI, although he may need to start off as a walk-on. No inside info there, just a gut feeling.

I think Kroeplin has a better chance than Arvidson to play D1. My reasoning is Kroeplin has pretty good size for a point guard and has absolute great vision. Some of his passes just wow me. Arvidson is really good but he takes a lot of shots. I don't really have a whole lot of reason for thinking Kroeplin has the better chance over Arvidson just what I believe from watching them play. And I know nothing about Hagler.

I think Kroeplin has a better chance than Arvidson to play D1. My reasoning is Kroeplin has pretty good size for a point guard and has absolute great vision. Some of his passes just wow me. Arvidson is really good but he takes a lot of shots. I don't really have a whole lot of reason for thinking Kroeplin has the better chance over Arvidson just what I believe from watching them play. And I know nothing about Hagler.
d

I haven't seen Kroeplin play but I have heard that he needs to work on his left hand! Who has seen him play? Is that fact?

• 1 month later...

UND has offered a shooting guard from Pekin, IL. He averaged about 14 points a game as a junior. A lot of folks have offered!

SG Nate Taphorn, 6'7”, 175, Pekin (Pekin), IL Has offers from Bradley, CSU, Creighton, Drake, Green Bay, Miami (OH), Northwestern, S IL and IL-Chicago

• 3 weeks later...

Per a Tom Miller tweet, Jaron Nash of Texas Tech is transferring to UND. Nash is 6'8", but is quite thin, as he was listed at just 180 pounds this past season.

Looks like he's transferring to be close to home due to his father being ill.

Played JUCO out of high school and his sophomore eligible year at Texas Tech. I'm somewhat confused as this this article says he was at the JUCO two years but was hurt one of them and took a redshirt. So does he have another redshirt available (first one could be reclassified as medical?) or will he lose one of the two eligible years he has left because I assume he has to sit out a year.

Some info on him coming out of JUCO and headed to Texas Tech. Lots of positives though his FT% looks like it may fight in and its not a good thing.

I commend this UND staff for going out and making these additions. I smell the dance nearby! My only concern is someone will have to sit. Anderson? Brekke?

No way Anderson would sit. We brought in 3 bigs so I dont understand why you would mention Anderson. One of the JUCO bigs I would think would start at the 4 and the other 2 new bigs back up the 4 and 5 along with Allard. That leaves Webb, Anderson, Huff and Brekke the other starters with Schuler and Antwi backing up the 1,2, 3 positions. Sounds really strong lineup and supporting cast to me. I also heard Haugen is done playing for UND, nothing official but have heard this.