SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Sky Meetings

GeauxSioux

A short special session of the legislature will be upcoming to deal with legislative redistricting after the 2010 census. When that session will be is a whole other question: potentially after the next Big Sky meeting in October.

I've heard the special session will be in November.

Next, the WAC is still part of the NCAA and is in the same footprint as the BSC. Whoever got to the BSC will get to the WAC and UND will be right back in this untenable situation.

I've heard the special session will be in November.

Next, the WAC is still part of the NCAA and is in the same footprint as the BSC. Whoever got to the BSC will get to the WAC and UND will be right back in this untenable situation.

IMO the WAC is NOT an option...unless you are Al Carlson. :lol:

And yet so many on this board thought Carlson was the "second coming" a few months ago ...

I remember him being interviewed on some Fargo Radio station back in the spring while he was proposing his bill. He was asked about potential negative outcomes of his bill if it were passed. He basically said he had no idea what they would be and they would deal with them if it came to that. I guess it's time to start dealing.

By the way, anyone else catch him refer to Spirit Lake as Spirit Mountain? I can't believe so many people listened to this guy...

I remember him being interviewed on some Fargo Radio station back in the spring while he was proposing his bill. He was asked about potential negative outcomes of his bill if it were passed. He basically said he had no idea what they would be and they would deal with them if it came to that. I guess it's time to start dealing.

By the way, anyone else catch him refer to Spirit Lake as Spirit Mountain? I can't believe so many people listened to this guy...

I caught that too. This guy is a joke. The people who live in his district (South Fargo) should be proud to have him represent them. :lol:

You know, there is a certain appeal to beating NDSU to FBS. The WAC needs teams like UND, for the BSC, its optional. If UND were to go to the WAC, it may pull along teams such as Montana, Montana State and even the other 3 Dakotas. THAT would be an interesting WAC along with Idaho, Denver, Utah State. It may also be a home for some of UND's olympic sports that the BSC doesn't provide. And last, with Denver already there, it could be the beginning of a new post Big Ten Hockey hockey conference.

DELUSIONAL ARE WE??!!!!

Editorial: ND Legislature responsible for latest chapter in UND saga

But this is a nickname and a logo for a university that is about much more than a nickname and a logo. The messier this gets, the more people it hurts. The messier it gets, it seems, the positive light that once shone on some of those who so passionately believe in the Sioux tradition at UND is shining more dimly. At this point, the bulb has basically fizzled out. All nickname supporters seem to be doing at all anymore is ripping anyone who disagrees with them. Is vehement criticism aimed at the Big Sky Conference next? Probably. After all, how dare those politically correct college presidents express disappointment over UND, by the legislature’s actions, reneging on its part of the deal to join the conference!

Unfortunately, I can see the Big Sky being the next target of some. :(

What's your problem? Do you have nothing better to do than to express your negative feelings towards UND? Seriously man, it's pathetic.

I didn' t realize questioning an asinine post by a UND fan meant I had negative feelings toward UND--now I do. I question people on Bisonville and am not accused of having negative feelings toward NDSU. I question Al Carlson because, guess what, I do have negative feelings toward him for the S$*TFEST he and our legislators created.

Why is it ridiculous to think that UND would not be a desirable institution for a conference like the WAC to add. They're not exactly shooting for the stars during their latest expansion, other than geographical location I would think that UND would be a very attractive candidate. I could care less about Al Carlson, he thought he was giving the people what they wanted instead of giving them what they needed, he's negligent not evil.

Why is it ridiculous to think that UND would not be a desirable institution for a conference like the WAC to add. They're not exactly shooting for the stars during their latest expansion, other than geographical location I would think that UND would be a very attractive candidate. I could care less about Al Carlson, he thought he was giving the people what they wanted instead of giving them what they needed, he's negligent not evil.

My response was too the entire post, not just the WAC reference. Go back and read that post of DF's and really, really give it some critical thought. HINT: USD did not even follow/join UND in the BSC, now he has them and other Dakota schools going with UND to the WAC???!!!!! Un-effin believable if you just think about it even a little bit!!

My response was too the entire post, not just the WAC reference. Go back and read that post of DF's and really, really give it some critical thought. HINT: USD did not even follow/join UND in the BSC, now he has them and other Dakota schools going with UND to the WAC???!!!!! Un-effin believable if you just think about it even a little bit!!

You may want to go over to Bisonville and dig up all the threads they had started about joining the WAC, MAC, Mountain West, etc. Its a few people throwing out pie in the sky scenarios. Same thing-different board.

If you actually read my first post on this idea (if memory serves, it was somewhere in the Sioux Name thread), CAS, you would have seen the disclaimer that I did not think this was a good idea. Just floating alternatives to having to give up the Fighting Sioux name.

I am gratified that you were amused. :)

Big Al to the resue again!! First he gets the bill passed and now he is going to persuade the NCAA to change it's position. It's almost like he is contemplating a run for statewide office!!!????

When's he gonna meet with all the BSC presidents?!

Carlson said he remains convinced that NCAA officials, presented with a sincere and detailed explanation of why a majority of North Dakotans favor UND retaining the Fighting Sioux nickname, would relent on prospective sanctions.

Carlson needs to put down that bong for once.