SiouxSports.com Forum

2011-12 Season

dakotadan

• 5 weeks later...
The five that haven't played at all yet are Shelby Amsley-Benzie, Shannon Kaiser, Leah Jensen, Layla Marvin, and Josie Johnson.

Of these five girls I can tell you that Leah Jensen and Shelby Amsley-Benzie are the real deal. My girls played with both of them and not only are they great players but they are great kids too. Leah Jensen goes not stop. She can either finesse you to death or out muscle you in the corners. Shelby Amsley-Benzie is like a concrete wall. Nothing gets by her and she never, ever gets rattled.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Stat Nerd, here. OK, so JoLam and Mo are 1 and 3 in scoring in the nation, respectively. Jo (25 G, 37 A, 62 PTS) and Mo (22 G, 34 A, 56 PTS). Jo is putting up nearly 2.5 points per game. That's impressive! But get this little factoid, of Mo's 22 goals, 17 of them are of the meaningful variety, as in either game winners, short-handed goals or power play tallies. Mo makes hers really count!

Source: http://www.uscho.com/stats/overall/division-i-women/2011-2012/

Game goes to a shootout, which UND takes 4-3. Bemidji takes out UMD 2-0, locking up #3 for UND and confirming a playoff rematch with the Beavers. I'd say if UND can split with the Gophers they are definitely in the NCAAs, and even if they get swept, as long as they sweep Bemidji they are in pretty good shape. Home ice ( or at least, Fargo :sad:) probably requires a sweep or a WCHA playoff title or a serious collapse by BC and Mercyhurst.

UND sitting a solid #6 in pairwise. A win tomorrow night would really make that top 4 position possible. Other key games Saturday night are Robert Morris vs Mercyhurst and Vermont vs BC. Mercyhurst is barely ahead of UND in the RPI, so a loss by them would be a big help. A Vermont win over BC would flip the common opponents category and position UND to win the comparison with the Eagles. Staying firmly in the top 6 is big as it protects against being bumped by an automatic qualifier, which could happen in either of the Eastern leagues or possibly even Duluth.