SiouxSports.com Forum

UND at NDSU Baseball

darell1976

Game time 6:30 at Newman Outdoor Field. (if the rain stays away!!!!)

http://www.fightingsioux.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205146536&DB_OEM_ID=13500

UND is 9-1 vs NDSU since 2003.

2010 N W, 10-6 (7)

2010 N L, 8-6 (7)

2010 N W, 3-1 (7)

2010 N W, 8-4 (7)

2005 A W, 6-0

2004 A W, 6-4

2004 A W, 2-1

2004 H W, 2-1

2004 H W, 5-2

2003 H W, 6-3

GO SIOUX!!!! :D

Game time 6:30 at Newman Outdoor Field. (if the rain stays away!!!!)

http://www.fightingsioux.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205146536&DB_OEM_ID=13500

UND is 9-1 vs NDSU since 2003.

2010 N W, 10-6 (7)

2010 N L, 8-6 (7)

2010 N W, 3-1 (7)

2010 N W, 8-4 (7)

2005 A W, 6-0

2004 A W, 6-4

2004 A W, 2-1

2004 H W, 2-1

2004 H W, 5-2

2003 H W, 6-3

GO SIOUX!!!! :D

Bison laid a 2x4 on the Sioux today, winning 19-5.

This Bison team should have a much better record than they have. They've lost something like 10-11 games by 2 runs or less.

This Bison team should have a much better record than they have. They've lost something like 10-11 games by 2 runs or less.

Bison definately had UND's number tonight. Guys gotta hit when we get runners in scoring position.

Thank God we got that safety in the end, or it would have been 19-3! :huh:

Well, it looks like the average college game has 5.63 runs which is down from previous years because of the new bats. I would venture a guess that a large percentage of games for most teams are decided by 2 runs or less. So, I am not sure what you are getting at but nice game by NDSU.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/2011-04-07/halfway-home-homers-scoring-down

So is next season the last season for Sioux baseball??

I love the game of BB, but even when I lived in GF I was always amazed that UND fielded a BB team with the ugly weather usually in Spring usually into early June. My vote would be to end the program and use the finances elsewhere.

I love the game of BB, but even when I lived in GF I was always amazed that UND fielded a BB team with the ugly weather usually in Spring usually into early June. My vote would be to end the program and use the finances elsewhere.

The season goes from February to May...it snows/rains, and floods every year up here. Either drop the program or get a dome.

The season goes from February to May...it snows/rains, and floods every year up here. Either drop the program or get a dome.

Agreed. That or get the NCAA to wake up and move the season back a month. I bet more schools in the north would have baseball if the season started around the same time MLB does.

Agreed. That or get the NCAA to wake up and move the season back a month. I bet more schools in the north would have baseball if the season started around the same time MLB does.

Even the FM Redhawks don't start til May. Its not like we will see our team go to Omaha unless you are talking hockey. :D

Even the FM Redhawks don't start til May. Its not like we will see our team go to Omaha unless you are talking hockey. :D

The "old" Northern League, when GF had the Chiefs as Class A minor league farm clubs for the Pirates and Indians did not start until Memorial Day and as I recall had the playoffs pretty much complete in very early September. Used to go to the games as a kid and "froze" even in June. There is a reason that most good college BB teams are from the southern and western states. Weather, period.