SiouxSports.com Forum

POLL: Should UND-NDSU Resume the Football Series?

ShilohSioux

220 members have voted

1. 1. Should UND and NDSU Resume the Football Series?

• Yes, play the game annually
    • On occassion, but not annually
    • No, we've gone our separate ways so let's focus on building new rivalries

Do Bison fans want to see Thornton beat out Jenson? I would certainly like to see a ND kid succeed at QB.

They are all ND kids when they come to ndsu. May the best player win the job.

• Upvote 1

Are we speaking Chinese here? You are irrelevent to us, we have moooved on. You have your own Bisonswille board to post on including a smack thread that reflects your integrity and your fixation. Your disfunctional insecure immature fans already ruin every attempt at an intelligent discussion on the newspaper comment boards. Please go to the boards of your new-found rivals and make enemies there. We are in a different conference, one that now is not good enough for you, we never win a recruiting competition with you, the newspapers hate your team, they love our team, your players never do anything wrong, you do everything right, we do everything wrong, you had the best president in the country until we drove him off, we are a one sport school, you are smarter than us, have I fed your dillusional minds enough or is there more to be said to feed your inferiority complex?

• Upvote 4

Are we speaking Chinese here? You are irrelevent to us, we have moooved on. You have your own Bisonswille board to post on including a smack thread that reflects your integrity and your fixation. Your disfunctional insecure immature fans already ruin every attempt at an intelligent discussion on the newspaper comment boards. Please go to the boards of your new-found rivals and make enemies there. We are in a different conference, one that now is not good enough for you, we never win a recruiting competition with you, the newspapers hate your team, they love our team, your players never do anything wrong, you do everything right, we do everything wrong, you had the best president in the country until we drove him off, we are a one sport school, you are smarter than us, have I fed your dillusional minds enough or is there more to be said to feed your inferiority complex?

Someone asked about the Qb situation

Someone asked about the Qb situation

Guys - don't ask anymore questions like this. If you are that curious, go to the Bison board and ask it there. It makes absolutely no sense to talk about NDSU athletics here!!

• Upvote 1

The question was about Thornton and Jenson - that discussion should not be held here.

The thread question is regarding UND and SU resuming their FB rivalry - a legitimate discussion point as it relates to UND!

Yes UND football, the team that owned your team the last decade they played. Maybe thats why Gene doesn't want his Bison to play the Sioux he doesn't want to get embarrassed in front of a nation wide audience not just the state wide KVLY audience. Makes sense.

yep. that must be it :lol:

why would we schedule und when we already play one or two patsies a year. we already schedule st. francis, wagner, and the likes and beat them by 30+ every year. what would scheduling another patsy win do for us? just sayin.

why would we schedule und when we already play one or two patsies a year. we already schedule st. francis, wagner, and the likes and beat them by 30+ every year. what would scheduling another patsy win do for us? just sayin.

You guys sure have a whale of a team

• Upvote 1

Put it this way Dan, if Esley is going to be your starting QB I am going to call Faison and beg / plead to start the rivalry up again...immediately.

Ok, you know you want Thornton, no don't do this crap. He is a very good football player. He committed to the Bison very early so might that be a reason UND didn't go after him that hard.

Ok, you know you want Thornton, no don't do this crap. He is a very good football player. He committed to the Bison very early so might that be a reason UND didn't go after him that hard.

We don't need to keep going on about this but I know for a fact UND recruited him as a safety, not a QB. We will see how it plays out.

We don't need to keep going on about this but I know for a fact UND recruited him as a safety, not a QB. We will see how it plays out.

NDSU needed qb depth at the time. He wouldn't have a chance to contribute at safety. But yes, thornton convo over.

SCHEDULE THE GAME SOON! Just a 2 game home-and-home...

Patsies?? Is that what 3-8 NDSU was in 2009? If thats what a 3-8 team is we were patsies last season. Far as I know we beat you the last time we played so I believe you are the patsy and we have the trophy to prove it...since its been a long time since you have seen it its a round nickel with an Indian on one side and a bison on the other. :D

• Upvote 1

Patsies?? Is that what 3-8 NDSU was in 2009? If thats what a 3-8 team is we were patsies last season. Far as I know we beat you the last time we played so I believe you are the patsy and we have the trophy to prove it...since its been a long time since you have seen it its a round nickel with an Indian on one side and a bison on the other. :D

Its been a long time since UND left the rivalry......

Its been a long time since UND left the rivalry......

Sigh ... revising history must be so rewarding

1. NDSU chose to leave the NCC

2. NDSU chose to leave DII

3. NDSU had lost 10 of the last 11 football games to UND

4. NDSU was all about maintaining the football game once they had dozens more scholarships than UND and were recruiting at the DI transition level

5. UND was still eligible for making DII playoffs and hosting playoff games - playing outside DII had been proven to hurt a team's DII playoff and hosting opportunities.

Its been a long time since NDSU left the NCC and the rivalry......

It truly is amazing the spin given by some NDSU supporters when it was NDSU that left the NCC and division 2, not UND although UND did follow 5 years later. No matter how it is spun, it was NDSU that left the rivalry. UND was unwilling, given the rules for making the playoffs at the time, to hurt its chance of making the playoffs (NDSU fans like to point out to rules that were changed later to back their claim that the rules didn't hurt UND making the playoffs but again, it wasn't the rules at the time when NDSU left the NCC and changed divisions). This whole argument is old.

There is no reason that UND and NDSU shouldn't play an annual game. I hear comments about playing more home games (I'll accept that), want a money game against a FBS team (greed), not wanting to hurt their playoff chances by only playing patsies (opposite of UND's position above where they didn't wish to play a team in an upper division where the rules, not the opponent, would hurt its playoff chances - I'll give this a pass although my first inclination is to say it is wrong as the goal of the teams are to make the playoffs and a win against a team in the division helps them make the necessary wins to make the playoffs, the only thing I can think is NDSU fans are chalking up games against UND as a loss), and then there is the fallback to that UND left the rivalry (UND contributed by not wanting to play them when it hurt their chances to make the playoffs but it was NDSU that walked away - making the argument that UND left the rivalry is a bad argument and basically represents conceding that it is NDSU's fault that the games are no longer being scheduled based on the previous points).