SiouxSports.com Forum

2011-2012 Schedule

GeauxSioux

Not sure if it's been posted anywhere yet, but the NDSU game at home will be on Tuesday January 17th. Not sure of the location yet.

EDIT: The hockey team is playing Minnesota in the Ralph the weekend before the bball game and is on the road to St. Cloud the following weekend. So it appears as though the Ralph would be available if they want to play it there.

I really wish this game was not on a Tuesday. Seems they would bring in alot more people from the state if it were on a Saturday. I dont see many people travelling very far for a Tuesday night game. This game should have definately been on a Saturday. GEEZ

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Do we like to complain, just to complain? You don't see schools like Kansas & Missouri crying because they play a rivalry game on a Monday night. The point is, it's not uncommon for Division 1 institutions to play weeknight games versus rivals. While Saturday games with conference foes ie. The Big Sky will continue as we move forward to D1, the reality is that non-conference games will more than likely fall during the week. Again, as far as I know, because no one has indicated differently. It's supposedly not a doubleheader meaning a 7pm game time which in my book will be perfectly reasonable to do for most people. Things are changing with D1, especially with scheduling and with arena availability. In addition when teams match up schedules for dates- there were probably only a handful of days that were available for both schools, who knows if any were a weekend.

Reliable source told me the game against North Dakota State will be in the Ralph. Great news. How sweet would it be to sell out the Ralph for basketball. We need to at least top 10,700 . Go Sioux

Would this be your source... linky ;):)

Hopefully we have a big crowd and hopefully the team gives them something to cheer for. Should be a fun environment...

Using the released TV schedule, I added a few more games. It appears that the Great West will not be doing men's and women's doubleheaders this year. I wonder if UND will have doubleheaders for any of their games then.

Sat. Nov 12 - Waldorf

Mon. Nov 14 - Idaho St.

Sat. Nov 19 - @ Bradley

Wed. Nov 23 - Montana

Sat. Dec 3 - @Idaho State

Wed. Dec 07 - @ Missouri-Kansas City

Dec 18 @ Sacramento State

Sat. Dec 31 - @ Kansas

Tues. Jan 17 - NDSU

Thu. Jan 26 - NJ Tech

Jan ... - Valley City State

Thu. Feb 23 - Texas - Pan American

Sat. Feb 25 - Houston Baptist

@ Longwood

@ Louisiana Tech

Using the released TV schedule, I added a few more games. It appears that the Great West will not be doing men's and women's doubleheaders this year. I wonder if UND will have doubleheaders for any of their games then.

Sat. Nov 12 - Waldorf

Mon. Nov 14 - Idaho St.

Sat. Nov 19 - @ Bradley

Wed. Nov 23 - Montana

Sat. Dec 3 - @Idaho State

]Sat. Dec 31 - @ Kansas

Sat, Jan 7 - @New Mexico

Tues. Jan 17 - NDSU

Thu. Jan 26 - NJ Tech

Jan ... - Valley City State

Thu. Feb 23 - Texas - Pan American

@ Longwood

@ Louisiana Tech

Tough game at UNM's Pit

The Great West switched to an alternating schedule this year. When the women are at home against a GWC school, the men will be on the road at that school. Here is the schedule according to the Fan Guide that came with my FB season tickets. So until it is officially released, this may not be 100% accurate.

EDIT: I just checked UMKC's website and it shows us playing there on Dec. 7. That game wasn't listed in the Fan Guide so this was likely printed up before the schedule was completely done.

Sat. Nov 12 - Waldorf

Mon. Nov 14 - Idaho St.

Sat. Nov 19 - @ Bradley

Wed. Nov 23 - Montana

Nov 26 - Western Illinois

Sat. Dec 3 - @ Idaho State

Dec 10 - @ SDSU

Dec 15 - SDSU

Dec 22 - @ Western Illinois

Sat. Dec 31 - @ Kansas

Jan 4 - Mayville State

Jan 7 - @ New Mexico

Jan 12 - Valley City State

Tues. Jan 17 - NDSU

Jan 21 - @ Utah Valley

Thu. Jan 26 - NJ Tech

Jan 28 - Chicago State

Feb 2 - @ Houston Baptist

Feb 4 - @ UTPA

Feb 9 - @ Chicago State

Feb 11 - @ NJIT

Feb 16 - @ La Tech

Feb 18 - @ Longwood

Feb 27 - Texas - Pan American

Mar 2 - Utah Valley

Mar 8-10 - GWC Tournament @ Chicago State

The Great West switched to an alternating schedule this year. When the women are at home against a GWC school, the men will be on the road at that school. Here is the schedule according to the Fan Guide that came with my FB season tickets. So until it is officially released, this may not be 100% accurate.

EDIT: I just checked UMKC's website and it shows us playing there on Dec. 7. That game wasn't listed in the Fan Guide so this was likely printed up before the schedule was completely done.

Sat. Nov 12 - Waldorf

Mon. Nov 14 - Idaho St.

Sat. Nov 19 - @ Bradley

Wed. Nov 23 - Montana

Dec 10 - @ SDSU

Dec 15 - SDSU

Sat. Dec 31 - @ Kansas

Jan 4 - Mayville State

Jan 7 - @ New Mexico

Tues. Jan 17 - NDSU

Jan 21 - @ Utah Valley

Thu. Jan 26 - NJ Tech

Jan 28 - Chicago State

Feb 4 - @ UTPA

Feb 9 - @ Chicago State

Feb 11 - @ NJIT

Feb 16 - @ La Tech

Feb 18 - @ Longwood

Mar 2 - Utah Valley

Three very reasonable home/home series during the "pre-season": SDSU, W Illinois, and Idaho State. Four or five of those games might actually be winnable (SDSU away should be by far the toughest). A bit surprised that UND doesn't participate in any holiday tournament.

A conspicuous absence of USD from the schedule.

A conspicuous absence of USD from the schedule.

The rumor on the Yote board is that UND is giving USD the cold shoulder when it comes to scheduling in basketball and football because of hard feelings over them teasing the Big Sky. Perhaps it is true since USD isn't on either the men's or women's basketball schedule this season, nor are they on the FB schedule for the foreseeable future..............

Sat. Nov 12 - Waldorf

Mon. Nov 14 - Idaho St.

Sat. Nov 19 - @ Bradley

Wed. Nov 23 - Montana

Dec 10 - @ SDSU

Dec 15 - SDSU

Sat. Dec 31 - @ Kansas

Jan 4 - Mayville State

Jan 7 - @ New Mexico

Tues. Jan 17 - NDSU

Jan 21 - @ Utah Valley

Thu. Jan 26 - NJ Tech

Jan 28 - Chicago State

Feb 4 - @ UTPA

Feb 9 - @ Chicago State

Feb 11 - @ NJIT

Feb 16 - @ La Tech

Feb 18 - @ Longwood

Mar 2 - Utah Valley

That is a brutal stretch in the month of February..................6 consecutive road games.

As far as the opponents, seems to be the best schedule by far since the transition started.

6 games against Summit League teams..................I'm thinking 6-0.......... ;)

Teasing the Big Sky...we were set and ready to join until the MVFC came in at the very last second and offered us a spot. Even then many inside the AD still wanted to go to the BSC. Given what transpired and other influences USD had no choice but to stay in the Summit and join the MVFC. Too bad the UND admins can't see that for what it was. So now they don't want to schedule USD out of spite? Fine, we're set in our conferences, have rekindled long time rivalries with SDSU and NDSU, and will have no trouble finding games. Too bad though, another rivalry destroyed because adults want to act like children. Didn't somebody in the administration there learn anything after what has gone on with NDSU?

Teasing the Big Sky...we were set and ready to join until the MVFC came in at the very last second and offered us a spot. Even then many inside the AD still wanted to go to the BSC. Given what transpired and other influences USD had no choice but to stay in the Summit and join the MVFC. Too bad the UND admins can't see that for what it was. So now they don't want to schedule USD out of spite? Fine, we're set in our conferences, have rekindled long time rivalries with SDSU and NDSU, and will have no trouble finding games. Too bad though, another rivalry destroyed because adults want to act like children. Didn't somebody in the administration there learn anything after what has gone on with NDSU?

We are also playing SDSU and NDSU and will have no trouble finding games.................but I admit I'll miss the Yotes...........

You have to admit.............USD acted pretty bush-league with the whole Big Sky/Summit/MVFC conference deal......................maybe our A.D. is simply acting on a "directive" that he's received from the Big Sky commissioner, similar to how the Summit League forbid NDSU from scheduling North Dakota in football a couple years ago.................. ;)

I wouldn't say it was bush league, I'd say it was prudent and looking out for the best interest of the school. You know, the whole mess could have been avoided if the BSC would have just waited and made sure all 3 schools announced together. USD had to go to its BOR to get approval. Two more days is all it took. If UND and SUU were told they had to wait to announce for two more days then there would have never been that crack made to allow the MVFC to make the play they did.

I wouldn't say it was bush league, I'd say it was prudent and looking out for the best interest of the school. You know, the whole mess could have been avoided if the BSC would have just waited and made sure all 3 schools announced together. USD had to go to its BOR to get approval. Two more days is all it took. If UND and SUU were told they had to wait to announce for two more days then there would have never been that crack made to allow the MVFC to make the play they did.

I am glad UND didn't wait. What went on behind closed doors in South Dakota may have left UND out in the cold. The MVFC was not even talking to either UND or USD until UND accepted the Big Sky invitation. There was likely some arm twisting to get the MVFC to accept one more Dakota school. I don't think they would have gone for two.

UND has taken the path that I had hoped, the Big Sky. An added bonus is not having to listen to the bison fans about UND tagging along, riding coat tails, etc.

Obviously no one saw the MVFC coming otherwise they would've all announced together. South Dakota had to have told everyone that they were going Big Sky which would've meant they had to have gotten indication the board was going to ok it. They reneged on a commitment and sure it worked better for them, but you can't fault UND for not wanting to currently help them out with there non-conference. Which is one spot that UND really is sitting pretty. All the other dakota schools play each other in conference while we have a full conference schedule and could fill non-conference with the dakota schools.

Whatever the reason why UND is not playing USD is a shame. Its a huge rivalry game and with the amount of games played each year this game should be played. Hopefully in the future these games will be played. UND, USD and NDSU need to play each other for the fans and the universities. Go Sioux

Whatever the reason why UND is not playing USD is a shame. Its a huge rivalry game and with the amount of games played each year this game should be played. Hopefully in the future these games will be played. UND, USD and NDSU need to play each other for the fans and the universities. Go Sioux

Agreed

Agreed x 2.

From a purely selfish perspective, I wish USD were in the Big Sky. But I can't really blame the USD athletic department for things which were quite possibly completely out of its control. I think it would be a mistake to discontinue playing them, particularly in football and basketball.

I also think its a shame UND couldn't continue to play the Yotes. Who cares if they are in a different conference they are a rival team like NDSU and SDSU. We need more DI local teams on the schedule and to steer away from the Valley City/Mayville/Minot teams and get more butts in the seats. When does the "official" basketball schedule come out??

• 2 weeks later...

Schedule has been released....

Sat, Nov 12	  Waldorf College	 Grand Forks, N.D.	   3:00 p.m.	

Mon, Nov 14	  Idaho State	 Grand Forks, N.D.	   8:00 p.m.	

Sat, Nov 19	  Bradley	 at Peoria, Ill.	   7:00 p.m.	

Wed, Nov 23	  Montana	 Grand Forks, N.D.	   7:00 p.m.	

Sat, Nov 26	  Western Illinois	 Grand Forks, N.D.	   2:00 p.m.	

Wed, Nov 30	  Jamestown	 Grand Forks, N.D.	   7:00 p.m.	

Sat, Dec 03	  Idaho State	 at Pocatello, Idaho	   8:05 p.m.	

Wed, Dec 07	  UMKC	 at Kansas City, Mo.	   7:00 p.m.	

Sat, Dec 10	  South Dakota State	 at Brookings, S.D.	   7:30 p.m.	

Thu, Dec 15	  South Dakota State	 Grand Forks, N.D.	   7:00 p.m.	

Sun, Dec 18	  Sacramento State	 at Sacramento, Calif.	   9:00 p.m.	

Thu, Dec 22	  Western Illinois	 at Macomb, Ill.	   7:00 p.m.	

Sat, Dec 31	  Kansas	 at Lawrence, Kan.	   3:00 p.m.	

Wed, Jan 04	  Mayville State	 Grand Forks, N.D.	   7:00 p.m.	

Sat, Jan 07	  New Mexico	 at Albuquerque, N.M.	   TBA	

Thu, Jan 12	  Valley City State	 Grand Forks, N.D.	   8:00 p.m.	

Tue, Jan 17	  North Dakota State	 Grand Forks, N.D.	   7:00 p.m.	

Sat, Jan 21	  Utah Valley *	 at Orem, Utah	   8:00 p.m.	

Thu, Jan 26	  NJIT *	 Grand Forks, N.D.	   7:00 p.m.	

Sat, Jan 28	  Chicago State *	 Grand Forks, N.D.	   2:00 p.m.	

Thu, Feb 02	  Houston Baptist *	 at Houston, Texas	   7:00 p.m.	

Sat, Feb 04	  Texas-Pan American *	 at Edinburg, Texas	   7:00 p.m.	

Thu, Feb 09	  Chicago State *	 at Chicago, Ill.	   TBA	

Sat, Feb 11	  NJIT	 at Newark, N.J.	   6:30 p.m.	

Thu, Feb 16	  Louisiana Tech	 at Ruston, La.	   8:00 p.m.	

Sat, Feb 18	  Longwood *	 at Farmville, Va.	   3:00 p.m.	

Sat, Feb 25	  Houston Baptist *	 Grand Forks, N.D.	   2:00 p.m.	

Mon, Feb 27	  Texas-Pan American *	 Grand Forks, N.D.	   7:00 p.m.	

Sat, Mar 03	  Utah Valley	 Grand Forks, N.D.	   2:00 p.m.	

Thu, Mar 08	  TBA	 at Chicago, Ill.	   TBA	

Fri, Mar 09	  TBA	 at Chicago, Ill.	   TBA	

Sat, Mar 10	  TBA	 at Chicago, Ill.	   TBA