NDSU

Montana

@ Kansas

@ Sacramento St.

@ Longwood

@ Louisiana Tech

@ Bradley

Link

Very solid opponents both home and away so far. I would guess we would be playing at least one more power conference team on the road for the money and then about 10 other non-conference teams for a 30+ game schedule. Hopefully the full schedule will come out soon.

• 4 weeks later...

Waldorf

Idaho St.

NDSU

Montana

@ Kansas

@ Sacramento St.

@ Longwood

@ Louisiana Tech

@ Bradley

Link

Very nice looking... to get Idaho St, NDSU and especially Montana at home is solid for the final transition year. Playing at Kansas should be fun, and Bradly could provide an opportunity to possibly upset a team in a very solid Mid-Major Conference.

• 2 weeks later...

Waldorf

Idaho St.

NDSU

Montana

@ Kansas

@ Sacramento St.

@ Longwood

@ Louisiana Tech

@ Bradley

@Idaho State

Idaho State Journal

Too bad O'Brien won't be there next yearr to take on UND when they join the Big Sky... doesn't look good for him keeping his job after this season.

Love all the Big Sky opponents, both home and away... that will be big for them to prepare, see where they stack up and how hard they will have to work when they enter the conference. Really the scheduling job Jones and Faison are doing.

I like the non-conference opponents that we've been able to figure out thus far. NDSU and Montana at home is great, as is Bradley and Kansas on the road. Getting an in-season home-and-home with a Big Sky school is a bonus too. But I'm worried the remainder of the non-conference schedule might get ugly. With only 10 conference games this season, and 9 confirmed DI non-conference games to this point, that is alot of dates to fill. The schedule for both the men and women were issued a fair bit earlier than this in the prior two seasons. I'm sure the departure of Ryan Moody hasn't helped, as he was in charge of scheduling since Coach Jones took over. I'm starting to doubt that South Dakota will be on upcoming schedules. According to some posts at GoYotes.net, UND is not willing to schedule USD in football and basketball in the near term due to the way they handled their Big Sky invite...............

I find it mildly interesting that the only Summit school known to be on the schedule right now is NDSU. In one way it doesn't surprise given the Summit League "directive" that their members be cautious about scheduling UND due to the nickname. In another way, it is comical that the only Summit school that has thus far agreed to play North Dakota is NDSU. Comical because Gene Taylor is the one who was initally so vocal about the Summit's concerns over the nickname. :silly:

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised to see Nebraska-Omaha on the basketball schedules for this season, as they are transitioning, need games, and owe UND greatly for their affiliation in both the WCHA and NCHC.......

Another game to add to the schedule: UND @ UMKC on Dec. 7. .....................

Make that two Summit schools................... ;)

Waldorf

Idaho St.

NDSU

Montana

@ Kansas

@ Sacramento St.

@ Longwood

@ Louisiana Tech

@ Bradley

@Idaho State

@ Missouri-Kansas City

Mon. Nov. 14 - Idaho St.

Sat. Nov. 19 - @ Bradley

Sat. Dec. 3 - @Idaho State

Wed. Dec 07 - @ Missouri-Kansas City

Sat. Dec. 31 - @ Kansas

Jan ... - Valley City State

Waldorf

NDSU

Montana

@ Sacramento St.

@ Longwood

@ Louisiana Tech

That is all I could find for dates. Anyone else know any specifics?

And I really, really hope that they can work it out to have both the NDSU and the UMt games in the Ralph. That would be a great setting and atmosphere and would be more likely to draw out the casual fans. Possibly even the ISU game.

And I really, really hope that they can work it out to have both the NDSU and the UMt games in the Ralph. That would be a great setting and atmosphere and would be more likely to draw out the casual fans. Possibly even the ISU game.

NDSU should be in the Ralph (or Alerus), but I see no reason for Montana to be in the Ralph at this point. At best I think that game could fill the Sioux Center. IMO, a sold out 3,000+ in the Sioux Center is better than 4,000 in the Ralph.

Great blogs by you and fetch!

Is there a way that Siouxsports could include these blogs on the front page?

Fetch's: Sioux Blog

UND / Big Sky BB blog

Thanks man! I know Fetch well, he always puts out great stuff so I am excited to see more of his stuff on the Sioux. As for me, if there is any way that things go on the front page that would be great with me, I could do whatever they need to make it happen!

Go Sioux!

Thanks man! I know Fetch well, he always puts out great stuff so I am excited to see more of his stuff on the Sioux. As for me, if there is any way that things go on the front page that would be great with me, I could do whatever they need to make it happen!

Go Sioux!

I agree - great blogs and much appreciated!!

If (it's a big if) Mitch Wilmer, can stay healthy and play the whole year like he did that first half against the Bison- last year, I'm thinking we could have a solid season. I think Brekke will continue to progress especially if he can start to develop little 8-12 foot turn arounds and step backs. He's got great fakes right underneath the basket, but how hard would he be to defend if he can even become a threat from around 10 feet or so?, I really like the positives that Allard has been able to bring to the floor with him coming off the bench. Add in a Wilmer against the Bison performance on a regular basis and we might be able to piece the front court together. If so, I only see our back court becomming more & more successful. Obviously, we have Mitchell, but I figured that goes without saying. It's his senior season- he should most likely play every game like his hair is on fire.

If (it's a big if) Mitch Wilmer, can stay healthy and play the whole year like he did that first half against the Bison- last year, I'm thinking we could have a solid season. I think Brekke will continue to progress especially if he can start to develop little 8-12 foot turn arounds and step backs. He's got great fakes right underneath the basket, but how hard would he be to defend if he can even become a threat from around 10 feet or so?, I really like the positives that Allard has been able to bring to the floor with him coming off the bench. Add in a Wilmer against the Bison performance on a regular basis and we might be able to piece the front court together. If so, I only see our back court becomming more & more successful. Obviously, we have Mitchell, but I figured that goes without saying. It's his senior season- he should most likely play every game like his hair is on fire.

Does anyone know the health status of Wilmer and Goodman?

Mon. Nov. 14 - Idaho St.

Sat. Nov. 19 - @ Bradley

Sat. Dec. 3 - @Idaho State

Wed. Dec 07 - @ Missouri-Kansas City

Sat. Dec. 31 - @ Kansas

Jan ... - Valley City State

Waldorf

NDSU

Montana

@ Sacramento St.

@ Longwood

@ Louisiana Tech

That is all I could find for dates. Anyone else know any specifics?

Not sure if it's been posted anywhere yet, but the NDSU game at home will be on Tuesday January 17th. Not sure of the location yet.

EDIT: The hockey team is playing Minnesota in the Ralph the weekend before the bball game and is on the road to St. Cloud the following weekend. So it appears as though the Ralph would be available if they want to play it there.