SiouxSports.com Forum

2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs

jimdahl

The Bruins are gutting out wins right now.. The Bobby Ryan Goal was sick... What no one mentioned is former Fighting Sioux Jason Blake had two goals for the Ducks last night... He reminded me of the Blake that played at UND... Went hard to the net and picked up the loose change.

And doing that at the age of 37. Also Selanne has looked quick and he's 40!

This Philly-Buffalo series has turned into one of the better ones, especially for a #2 vs. #7. It looked like Buffalo might finish them off but Philly tied it in the third and won it in OT sending it back to Philly for game 7.

Now we'll see if Chicago can keep the comeback from a 3-0 deficit going, they've played really well the last 2 games and Vancouver should be getting a little nervous.

Anyone else think Toews looks "off"? I am thinking he is hurt.

Awesome win to take it to game 7, go hawks.

He was getting hacked up often tonight. I think it was Edler who cross checked him twice across the back on one shift. Should've been a penalty on at least one of the hacks. GO HAWKS!!!!! Hate to say it but former BC Eagle Ben Smith is doing a great job for the Hawks. Really impressive player. I was really nervous Corey Schneider was going to beat one of my teams again. Too bad he ended up getting injured. Never like to see a player get injured unless they are a head hunter like that goon Torres!

Great night of playoffs coming up...Boston tries to finish off Montreal after trailing 2-0, then 2 game 7's including Chicago trying to finish the impossible job of coming back from a 3-0 deficit to mighty Vancouver.

GO HAWKS!!

Playoffs have been amazing this year. Nothing better than the Stanley Cup finals. Look at the NBA, rarely do seeds 7 or 8 not knock off a 1 seed. In the NHL, anything is fair game.

On the topic of Toews, they've been all over him in front of the net. You defnitely saw it in game 6 and he nearly got in a fight I believe in OT.

Funny that the GM of Vancouver was crying about calls, stop being a baby just because your team has blown a 3-0 lead. Man I hope Chicago pulls it out.

Just because it happens after everyone has gone to bed, it doesn't make the Toews goal any less special. Hope you all see the highlights with your morning coffee. He beats two canuck defenders while shorthanded and down one with less than three minutes to go in the third period. Eventually it gets back to him while on his belly and shovels it 5-hole!!!!

Just because it happens after everyone has gone to bed, it doesn't make the Toews goal any less special. Hope you all see the highlights with your morning coffee. He beats two canuck defenders while shorthanded and down one with less than three minutes to go in the third period. Eventually it gets back to him while on his belly and shovels it 5-hole!!!!

Here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6OcczHdvCs&feature=youtu.be

When he scored that goal it seemed like it was meant to be that the Hawks would finish the comeback, and then in OT...eesh. :sad:

I think I was a jinx last night, I was cheering against Vancouver, Montreal, Philadelphia, and the Lakers and they all won. Karma must have bit me for something, although granted they were all playing at home.

When he scored that goal it seemed like it was meant to be that the Hawks would finish the comeback, and then in OT...eesh. :sad:

I think I was a jinx last night, I was cheering against Vancouver, Montreal, Philadelphia, and the Lakers and they all won. Karma must have bit me for something, although granted they were all playing at home.

Did you also see the OT chance they had on the PP? Toews with all the patience in the world, waits out the defender, stickhandles between the D and the net, passes it to Sharp on the far side of the crease and somehow Luongo slid across to make the save. I thought for sure the game was over there.

I think I'm a jinx as well - I'm in the same boat as you (except the Lakers - I could care less about basketball). All of the teams I wanted to win lost. Good thing, as you mentioned, is that last night all the home teams won - the Bruins are at home tonight!

I think I'm a jinx as well - I'm in the same boat as you (except the Lakers - I could care less about basketball). All of the teams I wanted to win lost. Good thing, as you mentioned, is that last night all the home teams won - the Bruins are at home tonight!

Speaking of Bruins/Canadians, I'm surprised about the lack of a day off between games, luckily for the teams that game didn't go into 2OTs.

Speaking of Bruins/Canadians, I'm surprised about the lack of a day off between games, luckily for the teams that game didn't go into 2OTs.

Yeah, for some reason this series has been a bit weird - twice there has been 2 days off between games.

Yeah me too, I saw that in the paper this morning and thought it was a misprint, I guess this will take them back to their old college days.