SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux Club members - I need your 2 tickets!

SiouxFTW

Your proof shows where 2400 of the 18,500 tickets go...there are still 16,100 remaining...other schools do get tickets for the event. I don't see many Duluth fans looking for tickets do you? Look at the ticket requests on the websites. Surely they don't travel as well as we do and we would blow them away in ticket sales but I am guessing UMD secured more tickets for them then UND did for us...I wish I was wrong but I am afraid there will be hundreds of UND fans left out...I would still encourage our fans to go anyway without a ticket as it is always a great time!

Let's work this out. I'm done talking about this with you after this...

18,500 tickets total.

10,000 are won through the lottery (your assertion that everybody won is simply false)

2,400 are given to the 4 schools that are actually IN the Frozen Four

1,600 (minimum) are given to NCAA

100 (50 each) are given to the two bands of the participating teams

74 (37 each) are given to the players/coaches/reps of the teams not playing in the first semifinal

There are then tickets given to corporate sponsors and Gopher season ticket holders (hosts). These are the tickets that many gave back to the NCAA and were subsequently released, first to people who are high priority in the lottery (this was done 2 months ago or so) and then eventually to the general public. These were the tickets that were still available on Ticketmaster up until Sunday. This is approximately 4,000 tickets.

Now, let's add up...

_____

The rest of the tickets were most likely obstructed view/SRO tickets that went on Ticketmaster earlier this week.

There simply were NO tickets given out to other schools. North Dakota couldn't have done anything different. The ONLY...I repeat...ONLY way that they could get more is if one of the other participating schools doesn't give out their 600 tickets and sends back to the NCAA. Given the four schools, I will almost guarantee that all four schools will use their allotment of 600.

Simple Math.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

18,500 tickets total.

10,000 are won through the lottery (your assertion that everybody won is simply false)

74 (37 each) are given to the players/coaches/reps of the teams not playing in the first semifinal

There are then tickets given to corporate sponsors and Gopher season ticket holders (hosts). These are the tickets that many gave back to the NCAA and were subsequently released, first to people who are high priority in the lottery (this was done 2 months ago or so) and then eventually to the general public. These were the tickets that were still available on Ticketmaster up until Sunday. This is approximately 4,000 tickets.

Now, let's add up...

_____

The rest of the tickets were most likely obstructed view/SRO tickets that went on Ticketmaster earlier this week.

There simply were NO tickets given out to other schools. North Dakota couldn't have done anything different. The ONLY...I repeat...ONLY way that they could get more is if one of the other participating schools doesn't give out their 600 tickets and sends back to the NCAA. Given the four schools, I will almost guarantee that all four schools will use their allotment of 600.

Simple Math.

(Homer simpson voice), um can you repeat the part about the, LOL. I am glad you put this out there. And for all of you asking for tickets on this forum from FSC members, GOOD LUCK. Your best bet is to wait the weekend out watch the final four and then go to stub hub come tues and wed. People who have tickets and don't want to eat them will be dumping then.

18,500 tickets total.

1,600 (minimum) are given to NCAA100 (50 each) are given to the two bands of the participating teams

Now, let's add up...

_____

Simple Math.

18,500 tickets total.

Now, let's add up...

_____

Simple Math.

Bingo...1600 minimum are given to the NCAA...there are the tickets I am talking about....these are the tickets given to other schools...surely you don't believe that there are 1600 + stuffed shirts from the NCAA at the game.

Bingo...1600 minimum are given to the NCAA...there are the tickets I am talking about....these are the tickets given to other schools...surely you don't believe that there are 1600 + stuffed shirts from the NCAA at the game.

I wonder then how many of these are tickets that have gone to corporate sponsers and now are being sold on ebay?

These are not tickets given out to schools. These are tickets given out to NCAA Tournament executives, NCAA Sponsors and the like. These tickets, if not used, are sold via Ticketmaster. They are not given to schools. The only tickets given to schools are the 600 to the 4 participating teams. End of Story.

These are not tickets given out to schools. These are tickets given out to NCAA Tournament executives, NCAA Sponsors and the like. These tickets, if not used, are sold via Ticketmaster. They are not given to schools. The only tickets given to schools are the 600 to the 4 participating teams. End of Story.

Of course...nice try...

18,500 tickets total.

Now, let's add up...

_____

Simple Math.

Of course...nice try...

You're welcome. Thanks for playing.

EDIT: I'm glad you highlighted that paragraph in my previous post. You see, there is a difference between Corporate Sponsors (think Wild/Xcel sponsors) and NCAA Sponsors. They draw tickets to this event from two different groups. You are extremely misinformed about how the ticket process works. You have absolutely no evidence to support your claims, and are making a fool of yourself. I have tried to enlighten you on this, but you refuse to listen.

You're welcome. Thanks for playing.

EDIT: I'm glad you highlighted that paragraph in my previous post. You see, there is a difference between Corporate Sponsors (think Wild/Xcel sponsors) and NCAA Sponsors. They draw tickets to this event from two different groups. You are extremely misinformed about how the ticket process works. You have absolutely no evidence to support your claims, and are making a fool of yourself. I have tried to enlighten you on this, but you refuse to listen.

If you are Brian Faison, Josh Morton, or someone else in the know at the athletic department I would love to meet with you and discuss why UND didn't secure more tickets...I am guessing you are not so our conversation is over

....bottom line is that UND could have, should have, and now wishes it would have secured more tickets...I called them on it and yes, looking back I was too harsh, but I, like you, want as many Sioux fans in the building as possible...my frustration with UND on this matter stems from my knowledge on this matter and what opportunities for tickets were available and lost.

Last comment...those of you without tickets who are on the fence ...make the trip...tickets will be available on the street...championship game tickets will be easier to get as the losing teams will be selling...even if you don't get tickets the atmosphere will be awesome and you won't regret it even if you have to watch it in the bar acoss the street. :)

If you are Brian Faison, Josh Morton, or someone else in the know at the athletic department I would love to meet with you and discuss why UND didn't secure more tickets...I am guessing you are not so our conversation is over

....bottom line is that UND could have, should have, and now wishes it would have secured more tickets...I called them on it and yes, looking back I was too harsh, but I, like you, want as many Sioux fans in the building as possible...my frustration with UND on this matter stems from my knowledge on this matter and what opportunities for tickets were available and lost.

Last comment...those of you without tickets who are on the fence ...make the trip...tickets will be available on the street...championship game tickets will be easier to get as the losing teams will be selling...even if you don't get tickets the atmosphere will be awesome and you won't regret it even if you have to watch it in the bar acoss the street. :)

I'm in the know with the University of Denver athletic department. They did not receive any tickets from the NCAA.

• Upvote 1

I stand by my statement that other schools besides those in the frozen four have tickets to the event...probably not 600, but they have tickets. UND was alloted 600 from the NCAA but only 200 and change made it to FSC members.

If UND didn't think they could lobby other schools for their tickets then why did UND email the entire 2300 FSC membership to put in their ticket requests? UND obviously anticipated getting more or they would have only had contacted the first 100 on the FSC priority list and not the entire list as only the first 100 FSC members got tickets.

Yes this year is a high demand year for tickets because of the market it is in and the the teams that made it, i.e. UND. But this event isn't as big of an event that many of you make it out to be. I love the talk of the lottery to get tickets to the Frozen Four. Lottery...really...do you know anybody that put in for tickets in this so called lottery that didn't get them? Not much of a lottery. I was in Columbus a few years ago and watched my cousin buy championship game tickets for $15. They were nosebleeds but he was able to work his way down through the many open seats to a decent seat.

So you see this event is not always a high demand event like it is this year and yes other schools do get tickets for that very reason.

Yes, me in years past. This is the first year we got them. Someone else posted that he didn't get picked this year. Next question.....

I started the process of trying to get tickets for the NCAA frozen 4 two years ago. I got lucky and got drawn for my first frozen 4 2 years ago in DC. My wife and I enjoyed our time at DC for our first frozen 4. I also put in for the lottery last year for the debolicle(SP?) at Detroit. I ended up eating those tickets. I like to think i had a high enough priority number and that is what got me tickets this year in the lottery.Sure I was disappointed when the SIOUX didn't make it to the last two frozen 4's but I also hope I put myself in a position to get ticket this year. Which is priceless. It has always been my dream to attend a frozen 4 which the SIOUX participated in.I also responded to the e-mail sent out in January and purchased 2 additional tickets for a friend.

So you went from saying each team in the field of 16 got 600 tickets (which as other have pointed out, would be 9,600 tickets and over half of the arena) to now saying that the other schools might have got some tickets, but you aren't sure. But regardless, its UND's fault. Do I have that correct? We all have our frustrations with the administration, but you have taken it a little far.

I started the process of trying to get tickets for the NCAA frozen 4 two years ago. I got lucky and got drawn for my first frozen 4 2 years ago in DC. My wife and I enjoyed our time at DC for our first frozen 4. I also put in for the lottery last year for the debolicle(SP?) at Detroit. I ended up eating those tickets. I like to think i had a high enough priority number and that is what got me tickets this year in the lottery.Sure I was disappointed when the SIOUX didn't make it to the last two frozen 4's but I also hope I put myself in a position to get ticket this year. Which is priceless. It has always been my dream to attend a frozen 4 which the SIOUX participated in.I also responded to the e-mail sent out in January and purchased 2 additional tickets for a friend.

Smart man.